Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoodtymez86
Bugsy Siegal
Best spores for grow bags
    #2665797 - 05/11/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I am ordering 4 growbags tomorrow and I want to know which spore will work best with them. I'm only getting 1 syringe, so only 1 type. Someone guide me to a high-potency/fast-growing/prolific fruiter. Please  :smile:

I'm just looking for some tips. Also any other problems/suggestions about growbags would be appreciated.  :tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: goodtymez86]
    #2665854 - 05/11/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thank god you haven't bought them yet.

Are you buying them from Sporebank? I assume you are because Sporebank sells "Grow Bags." DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

They are too expensive!

Get 'em from www.mycobag.com Mycobag provides Sporebank with their bags, I believe... either way, MycoBag's bags are high quality... and you'll save a bundle.

You want the grain bags.

www.sporeworks.com is the place to get your spores... if you are planning on buying from Sporebank... because sporeworks sells Sporebank their spores. You will be buying the EXACT SAME spores for less.

Sporebank buys their product from these companies at wholesale and sells them at a HIGH price. They also try to steal other vendor's domains...

In fact... there are many quality vendors out there www.ralphstersspores.com www.tlgexpress.com www.thehawkseye.com any of these vendors are cheaper than Sporebank.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
    #2666083 - 05/11/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Or, I think it would be even better to use that money to get the PF Tek started. The growbags will work, but you will wish you had spent the money on a better option.

-J

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: FunkyBudah]
    #2666364 - 05/11/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ditto, invest the time to learn PF and buy some jars and you'll be self-sufficient. buying grow bags is a waste (unless you make them yourself, but dont go there yet).

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: houshroom]
    #2666464 - 05/12/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

With all due respect... bullshit.

Please do not get me wrong, the PF TEK is great for newbies too... but most people who say, "Don't buy a MycoBag!" have never tried 'em.

If you have the money, MycoBags are a great way to start... they are even a great way to SKIP the PF tek... for both MycoBags and the PF TEK are aimed towards newbie mycologists.

If you study up while your MycoBags grow, you can jump right to grains on your next grow... and not be stuck with a ton of silly little 1/2 pint jars. You could even make your own bags!

Bags are great for newbies... You can keep 'em in the light and watch 'em grow. Unlike PF style cakes... which contaminate easier... in the jar at least (Filter patches work better than a dry verm layer IME).

Bags have a LOT more substrate than a 1/2 pint jar... and grain is a better substrate than BRF... so your first grow should yield some HUGE and POTENT shrooms. Bigger and more potent than typical PF BRF cakes.

After trying MycoBag shrooms... BRF just doesn't seem to cut it.

Yes MycoBags cost money. But they are worth it. Your chances of success are very good... the results are great as well.

You can mash a MycoBag to spread the myc... if properly mashed, a Mycobag colonizes as fast as a PF jar... and the results are much better.

Keep in mind, newbies are willing to spend some money... 'cause they usually can't get shrooms for free anyway.

Get some bags and spores (Ecuador did very well in MycoBags for my friend, Don Quixote.) and watch 'em grow. They'll be fine.

Start by injecting TWO bags.

Just be sure to inject between the plastic wall of the bag and the substrate... the spores spread better over plastic.

Then mash the bag until it feels like potting soil... instead of a brick. This will spread the spores... and give them space to germinate and spread.

Once the first two bags show white growth, mash them again to spread the myc.

Mush the bag again in a few more days if it isn't totally colonized (Especially if an entire section of the bag has not begun to colonize).

Mycobags will fruit in the bag, or you can fruit 'em as cakes, casings or spawn... just like PF cakes... but bigger, and more potent!

Once you see growth in the first two bags, inject the other two.

Many newbies fuck up... so it is good to start small and make sure you have a good tek before injecting ALL of your bags with ALL of your spores.

As the bags grow... and, if you like the hobby... study all you can (The Shroomery Search engine rocks!) and save up for a $20-60 pressure cooker... then you can do grains... and you will never need to do the PF tek.

Good luck,
Cervantes

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: Rose]
    #2666984 - 05/12/04 01:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Cervantes, top post (couldn't agree more :smile: ), but trying to convert the herd and their mantra "you have to do the PF tek", is as uphill in turning the akin and erroneous "start the Cannabis seeds in tissue paper" -- good going on the good fight and keeping the reality.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

OfflineDistrancia
Hermit of TheRiver

Loc: Orleans
    #2667416 - 05/12/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I like the bags better. I suggest you try the cambodian strain very fast grower and fruiter. :laugh: Why doesn't anyone answer the question instead of worrying about which method he wants to use to grow, if he wanted to know that he would've asked . Go Cambodian :wink:  

OfflineTransplant
Janitor
Loc: Texas
    #2667622 - 05/12/04 06:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Use the janitor's tek!! Oh yeah, I don't have one :frown:

Obviously you didn't say it was your first time, so go with Pan Cyans and Grain (mycobag), then do a Shit/Straw grain transfer and case.

--------------------
Will Screw For Shrooms

Offlinegoodtymez86
Bugsy Siegal
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: Transplant]
    #2668161 - 05/12/04 10:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Wow. Cervantes, thanks a million bro. I was planning on getting it all through sporebank just because their site was pretty and has worked once before for me. :smile: But now I'll order my bags from Mycobag. You said I want the grain bag: Myco Environment Bag(TM): Grain Based (4-pack)? They have a nice by 2 get 1 free deal, so I'll be getting 6 bags for $50. Thats great.

For the spores, I'll do like you said and get the Ecuadorians from Sporeworks. I understand the mashing procedure, are you sure this works best? Sounds good to me, just making sure you've seen it work. Also, how much does 1 mycobag produce (dried). Oh, and for drying, I have a electric dehydrator. Will this work? I think I can turn the heat off and just have the fans circulate air. Thank you so much, great help.

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#2668388 - 05/12/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hey goodtymez86, I have the mycobag's and yes order them from mycobag.com, shommery sponsor. I bought two small ones and got a third one free for 33 dollars. And the small bags a pretty big about the size of 4 cakes from jars. You can view my grow log. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2668517 - 05/12/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That is great. I forgot they had that special. That is better'n 4 bags for $75 at Sporebank. Yes, you want grain bags.

Yes, I am sure mashing works... MycoBag himself recomends it... in fact, he made a video.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2223361

In fact, when you mash your bags after colonization begins... mash all the myc. The myc will seem to vanish... myc becomes clear when mashed... but you can rest assured. The myc will come back in 24 hours and there will be much more of it than before you mashed.

The most important mashing comes right after inoculation... to spread the spores.

Don't worry, the bags can handle a mashing... or three.

Good luck!

Bags usually yield at least 1/2 oz... dry. Fanning the shrooms for 2-3 days works fine for drying. They will get cracker dry.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineprimal440
journeyman
    #2669524 - 05/12/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Does anybody know how to make a mycobag? is it too hard? Is there any tek out there? thanbks in advance...

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#2670315 - 05/12/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hey cervantes did u get my pm

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spores for grow bags [Re: PotIsYourFriend]
    #2671012 - 05/12/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just replied... good luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinegoodtymez86
Bugsy Siegal
    #2671171 - 05/12/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome. I'm excited. I'll move on to bigger things when I have my own house :smile: Thanks A Lot~

OfflinePotIsYourFriend
Pot Inspector

#2671322 - 05/12/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I just replied... good luck.

thanks man

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2679223 - 05/14/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Grow bags are a waste of money, and most of them fail.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2679318 - 05/14/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bullshit.

No offense... but bullshit.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinevirtualmystik
VirtualMystik
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Best spores for grow bags.. Then What ? [Re: Rose]
    #8334989 - 04/27/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Dear Cervantes, you had me entranced until you mentioned the cooker..? So what is growing in the grow bags needs to be cooked??!:mushroom2:

--------------------
Pure Brilliant Eternal Radiance

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best spores for grow bags.. Then What ? [Re: virtualmystik]
    #8335023 - 04/27/08 06:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Man, this is an old thread.

I think what I was saying is a person could buy some grow bags and grow them, while they saved up for a pressure cooker and studied these boards to learn how to make their own jars and bags... but man, I wrote that a long time ago.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck