Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26788853 - 06/28/20 03:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I really am not sure how the ski slope analogy applies to younger brains, because as this implies, less life experience, thus fewer connections. But also as I said, I found mushrooms incredibly useful to me.

I started my psychedelic journey when I was 20. I was very wet behind the ears, and was very curious; psychedelics, and especially hallucinating, became very fascinating to me, and I simply had to find out what all the hysteria with these drugs was, why they were considered so taboo, even amongst my peer circle of friends, and would they really damage my chromosomes and make me blind by staring at the sun!

Why I discovered in my first trip were the real reasons why psychedelics were considered so dangerous; because they are!

One trip was all it took for me to realise my first 20 years of life on earth had been very protected, and that there is so much more out there to experience. I still to this day do not “know” what this other place is, I just know it’s much bigger than what we usually have acces to, it is much better than we usually have access to , and it is filled with love and connectedness and magic.

So yes, since mushrooms, I firmly believe magic is real, and there is so much more to life. And it instantly allowed me to see through the media and establishment bullshit we are brought up with, to keep us productive, voting, and paying our taxes like good citizens.

And to this day, I am convinced I will never die; I will merely pass back into the “primal soup”, the “waiting area”.

You’ll often find me describing myself as “cynical” in a lot of my posts; don’t mean I’m a grumpy old get, rather that I’ve seen through the bull. I have been brought up with a feeling of duty and responsibility. So the main problem with my mushroom use is that they do show me the way, but very often “that way” would involve packing in my job and not worrying about my mortgage. So I have always been torn! If I didn’t have a sense of duty, I’d be living with “travellers” and not contributing to society!

But mainly, all of the above has clearly shown; I’m useless trying to convey my thoughts with words, even when something isn’t ineffable!

Definitely PM next year; I’ll go out of my way to help it happen :dancer:

Something else I have been pondering a lot recently: I have not maintained my two week frequency of taking mushrooms. Haven’t had a proper trip now in 2 months. But I’m finding the “old anxiety” has come right back, and it is now getting harder to take that next dose! So I’ve been thinking, taking mushrooms with another experienced user.......just has to be so much less scary than taking them alone.... thoughts??

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26788936 - 06/28/20 05:41 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I first tripped at about 22 and have done so ever since (over 40 years and a thousand mushroom trips).  I've taken extended breaks from time to time, as long as ten years once. That makes them firmly a minority report. :shrug:

But I can't agree with the idea that any particular age of brain benefits "more".  Neither "life experience" nor some supposed psychological rutting seems to make any difference at all to what the essential experience is for me - it's so far beyond normal life that it bears little resemblance.  But then my normal has changed quite a bit over the years with long exposure to psychedelic experience - and for the better - so YMMV.

For humans brain development continues into the twenties and maybe a bit beyond, as studies show.  What happens after that is a slow decrease in total neurons.  Psychedelics allow you to improve the efficiency of how your brain works, IME.  This carries over into ordinary life.  The effects are similar to what meditation does, in either case they appear to reduce stress.  They clean out the trash that accumulates.

Anecdotal reports from people of all ages tripping are remarkably similar at core.  Any intact brain probably benefits from it.  People with massively screwed up thought habits (i.e., "normal") seem to benefit the most.  My consistent experience has been that if you're already in good shape it just makes you happier.

Notice here I'm discussing what are called therapeutic doses.  If you choose to go well beyond that the effects are more profound and can be extremely disconcerting unless you're prepared for the experience.  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26789034 - 06/28/20 07:07 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I do tend to latch on to concepts, don’t I? I grabbed it from YouTube watching Rosalind Watts, and it seemed to fit me at that particular time. I took her advice, took a large dose, then asked the mushrooms for help and guidance. That was almost 2 years ago and I reckon I have been (clinical) depression free since. And it has certainly felt since then, noting I have in general dropped setting an intention going into a trip, that the mushrooms “reset” my brain. I’m generally useless at conveying what I’m really getting at, so I’ve used the ”ski slope analogy” as a brief way to describe the brain reset.

When I started over 30 years ago, I wasn’t going into my -psychedelic journey with healing or spiritual or religious intentions; at first I was curious, then it was because I enjoyed being in the headspace - I felt “normal” in there. In fact, it’s probably the only time in life when I feel “normal”!

I do like how you describe mushrooms allowing your brain to work more efficiently, I can reconcile that with my experience. I do feel calmer, less stressed, less “cynical” (in that I can ignore the stuff about society that winds me up), and generally happier to be alive. I know there is better out there, wherever “there” is, and I know I’m a part of this “there”, and will return to it one day.

But therapeutic doses, huh; I’ve been there a few times, generally through ignorance. But the fear in those remarkable trips, for me anyway, was no worse than for a 3g trip. The 5 trip levels you hear about do not do justice to “level 5” though :cookiemonster:

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#26789883 - 06/28/20 01:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Having more clarity in thought is for me one of the primary benefits of mushrooms.  The work you do under their influence extends out into the rest of your life.

Just TBC "theraputic doses" are at the level that researchers are typically using for therapy - what one would think of as ordinary doses.  Though there may be other meanings as well applied by so-called psychedelic therapists, I'm not talking about that. :shrug:

A lot of people here, myself included, often partake at a considerably higher level. :snoopyes:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (06/28/20 02:01 PM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26790181 - 06/28/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, sorry, me again. I’ve re-read your last post. Therapeutic doses basically 5g dried cubensis. No I was referring to your “beyond therapeutic” and talking far higher doses, and of far stronger species - liberty caps. Way beyond the laws of physics, way beyond god and Satan, way beyond the universe. I have had that ego death, one that has scared me to my core for decades! These days, “therapeutic doses” are too much for me unless my doses are regular :cookiemonster:

Take care fella
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
    #26791738 - 06/29/20 09:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
But I can't agree with the idea that any particular age of brain benefits "more".

Perhaps age is the wrong barometer. Perhaps there is something that "older" people generally gain through time or experience that contributes to having a more meaningful trip. Maybe that "thing" is something that can be acquired at any age, should the individual have the right mindset. Perhaps none of this is true. Who knows. But it is interesting to ponder.

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
Something else I have been pondering a lot recently: I have not maintained my two week frequency of taking mushrooms. Haven’t had a proper trip now in 2 months. But I’m finding the “old anxiety” has come right back, and it is now getting harder to take that next dose! So I’ve been thinking, taking mushrooms with another experienced user.......just has to be so much less scary than taking them alone.... thoughts??

Take care
DJ Ed

It depends. If there is a level of trust than I'm sure it's easier. But, obviously, if one is leery of another, it will be more uncomfortable to take the dose.

Funny, my last proper trip was two months ago as well! I've had two mini trips testing out my fresh APEs (one of which blew me away and was completely unexpected and another which was just a low dose time). But I'll be taking a trip again this Saturday, both excited and anxious!

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
Definitely PM next year; I’ll go out of my way to help it happen :dancer:

:jackiechanofapproval:

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26791831 - 06/29/20 10:50 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, there has to be trust. Good luck for your next journey, I might just be in the right “set” by this weekend if the weather picks up - off camping.

I’ve got so many new crops I am dying to try, as soon as I get my “set” back:

55ml alcohol Mazatapec tincture; 2ml = 1g dry
35x PES Amazonian fresh tea and citric acid (1:50) ice cubes; 1 cube = 1.8g dry
c. 100g dried PES Amazonian
c. 200g dried Red Boy

And my 2-off master rye grain jars from “single sector” PES Amazonian agar are nearing completion; should lead to a couple of monster harvests.

Don’t know what I’m going to do with it all :awesome:

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#26792001 - 06/29/20 12:34 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

That's a good problem to have.  :shroomhead:

--------------------

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
    #26792166 - 06/29/20 01:59 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
That's a good problem to have.  :shroomhead:

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
Don’t know what I’m going to do with it all :awesome:

Send it to me for proper disposal

:trippinbawelz:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract