Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMyHeartsInBarca
Stranger

Nootropics make me so sleepy
    #26792056 - 06/29/20 01:06 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I wanted so badly to believe the stuff claimed by the Lion's Mane/Cordyceps/Reishi blend seller, as I've always had trouble with memory, and have a family history of Alzheimer's. I'm a 53 year old female, BTW. But I've tried to take the supplements three separate times, and fall asleep within an hour every single time. Then I'm out of sorts the whole rest of the day. I mean, this is an urge stronger than the 5mg of melatonin I take every night, and it happens even if I've just got up & had coffee. What is it that makes me so tired? I've found just a few anecdotal accounts of people getting sleepy, but then it veers off into a workout discussion, and people "powering through" to get the best workout of their life (there's no physical evidence of that, according to medical studies). I could not "power through" the fatigue I feel if my life depended on it. Kind of defeats the purpose, for me. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is happening??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nootropics make me so sleepy [Re: MyHeartsInBarca]
    #26792255 - 06/29/20 02:25 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Can you put a link to what specific product you're referring to? 

I've given all of those mushrooms, in tincture form with alcohol no less, to many people and never had anyone report getting super sleepy like that. 

It's odd, I'm just wondering if it could be something else in the supplement you're not responding well to?

You might consider trying a different brand, or better yet, trying those mushrooms separately in tincture form to narrow down which one is actually bothering you (assuming it's not an additive in the product).

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineMyHeartsInBarca
Stranger

Re: Nootropics make me so sleepy [Re: Forrester]
    #26792355 - 06/29/20 03:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for responding! Yes, it's https://thegeniusbrand.com/products/genius-mushrooms. I believe that's what I'll do next, try each one separately & see how I react. I read somewhere that one of those helps to lower blood pressure. I already have normal to low blood pressure, so it's possible that it's bringing it too low. I'll do a BP check too, when I take them separately.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26792500 - 06/29/20 03:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah that does look like a decent brand, no weird ingredients.

I would try the lion's mane alone first if you're looking for nootropic/brain effects.  My wife and I both get really bad brain fog from lyme disease and it's the only thing that actually helps it.  Lion's mane really does a great job getting through to the brain, which few other mushrooms will do.

The reishi out of those 3 is probably most likely to affect your blood pressure, it's known to work on the circulatory system - although it's effects are usually modulating and won't over/under-do things.  It's certainly possible that it would affect blood pressure though.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineMyHeartsInBarca
Stranger

#26792520 - 06/29/20 03:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks so much for the great info! I just ordered a lion's mane tincture from FungiPerfecti (since it's close), and I'll see how that goes.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26792703 - 06/29/20 05:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck, hope it helps!

--------------------
-------------------

InvisibleBsdgaou

#26793436 - 06/29/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

If it's writting "fruit body" than this is just dry mushroom?
Is there any better option to get all the goodies in mushroom? Like double extract (water and alcohol)?

OfflineMyHeartsInBarca
Stranger

Re: Nootropics make me so sleepy [Re: Bsdgaou]
    #26794290 - 06/30/20 10:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Forrester has a great link in his sigline for double extraction method. I'd guess that would get all the goodness. I've got it bookmarked and will try it with my next harvest.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26794666 - 06/30/20 02:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

and yes, when they say "fruit body" that is good, it means the actual mushroom usually dried and powdered.  If it doesn't say that, it's probably the mycelium grown on grain, like most cordyceps supplements are (since the fruits are hard to get).

--------------------
-------------------

InvisibleBsdgaou

#26795856 - 06/30/20 10:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So "fruit body" supplements are pretty useless, right?

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nootropics make me so sleepy [Re: Bsdgaou]
    #26797068 - 07/01/20 01:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No, I wouldn't say so.  Tincture is better, but your body will still utilize the fruit bodies dried and ground.

--------------------
-------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures