Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJus
Stranger
 User Gallery

Jus a first time grow log
    #26791296 - 06/29/20 03:36 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

We start our journey months ago, hunting for libs in the peaks of Derbyshire after a substantial drive.
"Fuck this," he thinks to himself, "let's grow shrooms!"

Cue months of research and combing through threads, reading TEKs and plotting my grow.

I decided to start with a spore syringe on agar, transfer until clean, use a wedge to colonise grain, then go to shoeboxes and grain to grain transfers.

We start terribly with several botched agar recipes, lots of contamination, and no Golden Teacher spores germinating.

Some cool bacteria though. Wrong hobby, but happy little accidents and all that.

I read up that spore prints may be easier, and at this point I'm willing to accept I've either permanently contaminated my spore vial, I'm not getting any/enough spores in the solution on the end of my inoculation loop, or some other combination of lack of experience, skill and luck.

I order an Albino A+ print, and successfully germinate spores.

And after several days, some nasty spots on some plates:

A few days before that last picture it was to transfer.
As is the running theme I fuck this up royally the first time:

As you can see, the agar was clumping when I poured. I'd made a smaller batch and let it cool down too long whilst prating about with the SAB.

I don't even know how it got so contaminated, maybe that curse I said upon it when I realised I'd fucked up has manifested.

The cunks I'd taken are starting to heal:

Either way, I try again and it goes very well:

(Apart from one or two dropped sections...)

Next up, I'll be making control grain jars and drop in a blank agar wedge, wait and see if I make a jar of contamination. That'll give me time to keep transferring until I get a safe plate, which I can then keep going for some mono cultures whilst making some random genetics shoeboxes.

Stay tuned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRathilien
Weed Reclamation Unit
I'm a teapot

Loc: Melbourne Flag
Re: Jus a first time grow log [Re: Jus]
    #26791309 - 06/29/20 03:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jus said:
I don't even know how it got so contaminated, maybe that curse I said upon it when I realised I'd fucked up has manifested.

LOL :laugh:
As a new (about to begin) grower myself, I have a feeling this is going to resonate with me real soon.

Keep fighting the good fight! :mushroom2:

--------------------
**Aussies PM Me if You're Having Trouble Finding Spores!**

Follow my progress at my journal
Edible Weeds :shocked:

I wouldnโ€™t say Iโ€™m a tree-hugging hippy, but I do like to give those thick-ass trees a solid slap on their trunks as I walk by.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jus a first time grow log [Re: Rathilien]
    #26791334 - 06/29/20 04:10 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

syringes suck usually for plates they can be very messy. i bet u will have better results with a print. are u in the states?? if so i can send u one. but also that is some clear ass fucking agar man๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ also good job on doing the research before just diving in and doing it as you go. and good move on using agar right from the get go. i have no doubt your first grow will be a good one. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ welcome to shroomery man

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineJus
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Jus a first time grow log [Re: jcm4620]
    #26791345 - 06/29/20 04:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm UK based, but thanks for the offer! I'm counting down the posts until I can do some trading with the prints from this grow.

My agar technique has come a long way from the first few pics.

I started with BRF agar and food colouring that was heat sensitive, so I had butt loads of sediment :thumbdown:
Now I use LME agar which I filter before pressure cooking. Poured correctly it produces a nice clear agar :thumbup:

It looks great under the microscope.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jus a first time grow log [Re: Jus]
    #26791396 - 06/29/20 05:45 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

nice. id send u a print but it seems like everytime i have tried to send a print to someone in the eu they have never gotten them. i think they are being taken in customs or somethin cuz i have tried several times to send prints to the uk germany and france and every single one never has never made it to the destination. so now i just dont bother for that reason only not cuz i have somethin against ya or anything lol but the good news is there is ppl on here that are also in the eu that u can trade with

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineJus
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Jus a first time grow log [Re: jcm4620]
    #26794114 - 06/30/20 09:42 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No worries, friend, when I get some nice prints I'll try and send you some to see if it works the other way around.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder