Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedomakus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Purpose of tripping?
    #26787836 - 06/27/20 07:12 PM (12 days, 11 hours ago)

The first time i had a full trip experience i was blasted with intense euphoria and a smile cemented onto my face, it was epic and awesome. the best thing ever. ive gone into a couple trips after that hoping for the same thing but the magic seems to be gone, i have also had an ego death on 2.7 grams while not knowing what an ego death was to begin with, thought i broke my brain, i was unable to wrap my mind around concepts like cars, i kept asking myself things like "wtf do you mean we drive cars?!" is that the biggest thing to fear? an ego death? anyways what are we doing?  trying to make a normal life exciting? have fun? or reveal suppressed emotions? are we just jumping into the other world and letting it show us what ever random thing it has in mind for us?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSucio
An interesting title
I'm a teapot

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: domakus] * 1
    #26788767 - 06/28/20 04:43 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

I don't know why you're asking what we're doing as if we're all the same being. Personally, I enjoy the experience of growing mushrooms and cultivating them. It's very rewarding. Interestingly enough, I actually got into mushrooms more and more every since I started growing them a few months back.

The trip portion for me is interesting, I only take mushrooms as medicine. I don't really just take them to have a good time or party, it's always because I have some serious mental shit to work through or am going through a depressive episode again. I hope to become knowledgeable enough using mushrooms for this purpose to eventually be able to help others and guide them through a good experience... And so far it's worked! I've had a few buddies that I've told to try the experience as I do it and they always come back with awesome experiences.

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: domakus]
    #26788808 - 06/28/20 05:15 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

mushrooms are probably one of the last drugs you want to consider, if you’re only taking drugs because you’re bored

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineInnerWisdom
Mushrooms and running
Male

Loc: Scandinavia
Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26788816 - 06/28/20 05:21 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

The euphoria on mushrooms comes from you enjoying it, not the substances themselves. It is not like taking euphoric drugs. Yes, it is good to ponder what the purpose of taking mushrooms is.

OfflineCrashTest
Newb

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: Sucio]
    #26788823 - 06/28/20 05:23 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Sucio said:
I don't know why you're asking what we're doing as if we're all the same being. Personally, I enjoy the experience of growing mushrooms and cultivating them. It's very rewarding. Interestingly enough, I actually got into mushrooms more and more every since I started growing them a few months back.

The trip portion for me is interesting, I only take mushrooms as medicine. I don't really just take them to have a good time or party, it's always because I have some serious mental shit to work through or am going through a depressive episode again. I hope to become knowledgeable enough using mushrooms for this purpose to eventually be able to help others and guide them through a good experience... And so far it's worked! I've had a few buddies that I've told to try the experience as I do it and they always come back with awesome experiences.

This is exactly how I feel about taking mushrooms. I recently had an intense emotional experience and a reset after a 10 year break, and it re sparked my interest in cultivation and utilizing this to help relieve some serious anxiety and depression. You nailed it w/ this comment

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020 :mushroom2:

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26788831 - 06/28/20 05:27 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

I should have phrased it better nd less condescendingly! What I intended was “there are easier drugs to take than mushrooms, if all you want to do is alleviate boredom”.

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
everybody must get cloned
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: domakus]
    #26788945 - 06/28/20 07:50 AM (11 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

domakus said:
The first time i had a full trip experience i was blasted with intense euphoria and a smile cemented onto my face, it was epic and awesome. the best thing ever. ive gone into a couple trips after that hoping for the same thing but the magic seems to be gone, i have also had an ego death on 2.7 grams while not knowing what an ego death was to begin with, thought i broke my brain, i was unable to wrap my mind around concepts like cars, i kept asking myself things like "wtf do you mean we drive cars?!" is that the biggest thing to fear? an ego death? anyways what are we doing?  trying to make a normal life exciting? have fun? or reveal suppressed emotions? are we just jumping into the other world and letting it show us what ever random thing it has in mind for us?

This is always fraught with misunderstanding but what you describe as "ego death" is I think ordinary tripping, as that sort of thing happens to me all the time tripping even though I don't think most trips involve so called ego death.  If/when your ego consciousness dissolves entirely you will not be thinking about driving cars, or any sort of thing involving executive function activity.  You will not be "thinking" about "you" "doing" anything.  You will just be busy being, and that's extremely rewarding, in the end.

The first trip often seems to be the best for some people, at least for a while.  You had no fucking idea what it was gonna be like and that's very helpful. 

After that initial blast off people often try to chase it again, it's only normal.  When you give that up is when the cool stuff happens IME.  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

endless source, endless river - river of no shape, river of no water - drifting invisibly from place to place
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OnlineThe Blind AssS
OTD Monk Custodian
Male User Gallery

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26789130 - 06/28/20 10:10 AM (11 days, 20 hours ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
The actuality of all experience is like a dream
and in its momentary groundless gleaming,
undeniably perceptible, it is uncrystallizing light-form,
a deceitful flash, a diaphanous form of emptiness.
Yet delving deeply we find neither truth nor falsehood,
for neither present nor absent, it is beyond all conception;
we know it like the sky, inexpressible, unimaginable,
fundamentally ever fresh and pristine.

Edited by The Blind Ass (06/28/20 10:42 AM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26789859 - 06/28/20 03:36 PM (11 days, 14 hours ago)

A lack of expectation is IME a helpful method for achieving novelty in trips. :seriousthumbsup:

--------------------

endless source, endless river - river of no shape, river of no water - drifting invisibly from place to place
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineSucio
An interesting title
I'm a teapot

#26790871 - 06/28/20 10:25 PM (11 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
:shrug:

Same, honestly.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: Sucio]
    #26790926 - 06/28/20 10:56 PM (11 days, 7 hours ago)

:utterconfusion: :shrug:

OnlineThe Blind AssS
OTD Monk Custodian
Male User Gallery

#26791047 - 06/29/20 12:31 AM (11 days, 6 hours ago)

The best I can say beyond :shrug: - is that It’s sort of like sleeping & dreaming.  Idk what their exact purpose is, but nevertheless- I know they are essential to life & the greater good.  Best I can do, because I really don’t know.
Anyone else feel/think the same?  They provide an invaluable service.  Imagine life without sleeping & dreaming....we’d all go insane!

--------------------
The actuality of all experience is like a dream
and in its momentary groundless gleaming,
undeniably perceptible, it is uncrystallizing light-form,
a deceitful flash, a diaphanous form of emptiness.
Yet delving deeply we find neither truth nor falsehood,
for neither present nor absent, it is beyond all conception;
we know it like the sky, inexpressible, unimaginable,
fundamentally ever fresh and pristine.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#26791060 - 06/29/20 12:40 AM (11 days, 5 hours ago)

Purpose of tripping... 

Dreams are believed to serve different purposes depending on the source but if you deprive rats of REM sleep for long enough they die.  It's thought that that's true of most animals including humans.  Tripping is awfully reminiscent of dreaming to me, only since you're awake to start with it's automatically lucid (more or less) which requires a lot of effort to reach in regular dreams.

These purposes may be filtering daily experience, or releasing tension/aggression without harm to the social group, or as a gateway to other forms of consciousness and/or spirit worlds.  All consonant with tripping BTW. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinekapellmeister
Stranger
    #26791125 - 06/29/20 02:00 AM (11 days, 4 hours ago)

It is a good question.  To me, it allows me to appreciate things, and think about things in ways I've never done before.

This is true not just for mushrooms, but for other psychedelics.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Purpose of tripping? [Re: kapellmeister]
    #26791353 - 06/29/20 06:42 AM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

anyways what are we doing?  trying to make a normal life exciting? have fun? or reveal suppressed emotions? are we just jumping into the other world and letting it show us what ever random thing it has in mind for us?

I think it's all of these things at times.  I'm extremely grateful for tripping, it's one of the most interesting things I've ever done.

But then you'd expect that from anything that allows you to modify your own consciousness I suppose. :laugh2:

--------------------

OfflineInnerWisdom
Mushrooms and running
Male

#26791362 - 06/29/20 06:56 AM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

The purpose of tripping is to trip
the purpose of living is to live

:hereyougo:

OfflineInnerWisdom
Mushrooms and running
Male

#26791369 - 06/29/20 07:03 AM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

Yeah speaking of dreaming, I had a particularly story rich dream last night. I believe it was very important for me to experience those dreams. Then I felt really well rested and kind of rejuvinated

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience