Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) * 6
    #26788995 - 06/28/20 06:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If you are considering starting out with psychedelics, here is some advice from a veteran tripper since 1993 and admin of this site.

If there's one thing I can say its:

DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH, TOO SOON

If you take one thing from this post, thats it. So many people have proverbially cried tears of blood in vivid regret for hours on end for having taken too much and having to navigate through an intensity of effects not of their choosing.

A trip is VERY INTRUSIVE on your everyday functioning. It completely alters it, often in unpredictable ways.

Comkmonly experienced in high dose trips are periods of profound joy where you cannot contain the laughter and periods of great grief where you cannot contain the tears.

This is not a drug you can stealthily take with your parents or roommate being none the wiser. Its not that your eyes turn red like with weed, no your entire behavior becomes erratic and unlike how they know you, on a high dose. Dont take it at school kids, and dont take it at work, guys.

You will have to choose a time and place (SETTING) where you can experience the waves freely dwithout obligation to appear normal or having to do duties. You got to commit yourself to the trip, for better or for worse.

If you may have mental health issues or are prone to seizures (SET) it is a very good idea not to take any psychedelics, or to limit it to microdoses where you don't actually, trip.

For most people its best to have a trip sitter, someone laid back and sober enough to reassure you in your confusions and have a comforting presence during your hard times. If that friend is a pot smoker, all the better because oit gives them something to do that pacifies them and helps them to tune in a little bit without being overwhelmed, to pass the hours.

People with seizure disorders should never take psychedelics: they can literally start seizing and dont stop until they are dead or brain damage ensues (Status Epilepticus). This is true too for LSD, which is otherwise nontoxic. A psychedelic experience can be like the most intense multisensory strobe EVER, you can see how that is not good for people with seizure disorders.

If serious mental illness runs in your family, better not go there. A trip can be a highly stressful life event and this can trigger issues in the susceptible: Psychosis, depression, mania, or even directly traumatize you (PTSD)

Hey Bro! Take It Slow! 
Fools Go Rushing In!

If you start tripping its MUCH better to be underwhelmed than overwhelmed, unless you are being guided by a psychedelic therapist who seeks to overwhelm you to therapeutically effect life change with you when your ego defenses are down. This is expert work.

Even if you take a small dose, every month for 2 years, and its the exact same dose every time, the trips will get more intense and complex because you LEARN TO TRIP and thus, get more out of the same amount. Dont make the newbie mistake of impatiently taking far higher doses because you "hardly feel anything".  You have to LEARN HOW TO FEEL IT.

If you take TOO LITTLE you can always add a pinch, if you take TOO MUCH, you cannot reduce your dose and have to ride it out.

GO EASY YOUR FIRST 20 SESSIONS AND WAIT AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BETWEEN DOSING.

There is one last risk of taking too much, and that is that it stops being compelling, that it loses its magic, and even a high dpose of LSD becomes a waste of time for you.
That is very sad indeed, wouldnt it be? To ruin this fantastic mind tool for life?

Here is Hollywood trying to scare you into not taking too much Ayahuasca :yesnod:

If you think thats intense, its even more intense when you're in it, this is just a movie intended for general audiences, a trip you take GOOD OR BAD, will be tailor made just for you. It will have your mom screaming how much she hates you from the cremation oven, if you hd issues with your mom and she died, just to tell you how intensely personal a trip can be.

Wouldnt it be a shame to take so much that it scares you away from ingesting ever again?

Before Samurai acquire a sword, they practice with bokken sticks. Only if they can handle wooden swords with proper respect do the katana, wakizashi and tanto get into the picture.

You want to prevent accidents by inexperienced use, no? :samurai:

Psychedelics may become one of your favorite tools of all your life if you handle them well in the beginning and if they are right for you.

Hey Bro! Take It Slow! 
Fools Go Rushing In!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetotally_not_virus
trust me

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Asante] * 3
    #26789513 - 06/28/20 10:50 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

it is very true!
have been tripping for 15years now and saying the same thing to everyone I meet who just starting with psychedelics.START SMALL!

stuff ca be so mind bending you can't even imagine. even in moderate low doses because everyone is different and react to stuff differently.
if you never took it you never know how your mind will react.
it does not matter how tough you think you are. it might be something in your mind something that you were hiding from yourself that might shatter you on journey and smash up your good time by showing itself at worst moment.

it is crazy and wonderful world of psychedelics ,the most eye opening and life changing experience!just need to accept it.
accept that it is the journey not the destination that matters.

:ohwow:

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Asante] * 4
    #26790199 - 06/28/20 03:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

There’s a lot of fantastic advice in there, and I do have personal experience of someone with a potential for mental harm develop paranoid schizophrenia after LSD use. It was tragic. But I don’t necessarily think that starting small for healthy well balanced people is compellingly necessary.

I did not start small. My peers did not start small. This was more through lack of knowledge, ignorance, and poorly advised peer pressure. But it did us no harm. And the more I think about it, Shaman’s don’t “start small”.

I do accept that caution is needed if this “psychedelic renaissance “ is to continue to grow in momentum, nd why most people utter extreme caution. I’m just saying, it’s not necessarily as dangerous as one might think.

No disrespect, and best intentions intended.

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26790336 - 06/28/20 04:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This is a good post with some great advice. I didn't start small, quite the opposite. I knew nothing about psychedelics, took way too much, thought I was going to die. It could have very easily ended in disaster. Don't be like me, be smarter than I was.

Offlinetotally_not_virus
trust me

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: DJ Ed] * 1
    #26793834 - 06/30/20 06:44 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I know a lot people who started with crazy doses and were fine. And after kept doing it.

When I started my first 10-15 trips were bad. every single of them were laced with paranoia and anxiety. but my friends were there and basically kept me sane.

But also know people who started in moderate and lost their shit and ended up in hospital. Now some of them stories are fun to remember , other ones.. let's say people are not the same. they are completely fucked mentally.

And it is all because of lack of knowledge being ignorant and/or even worse just to see how person  doing first trip in his life being 14-16 y/o gonna react to shitload of mushrooms or salvia.

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
But it did us no harm. And the more I think about it, Shaman’s don’t “start small”.

With all respect and with no offence but consider yourself lucky you and your friends has stable mental health and are not prone to get some disorders.

and shamans they not start small but they are getting ready for journeys meditating ,fasting ect. and only doing it when they are completely sure they are ready.

they not eating their substances at valleys, city streets or in random parks at night.
they having trip-sitters who has ALOT experience and know how to take care if shit gonna go south.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: totally_not_virus]
    #26794086 - 06/30/20 09:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Asante, would you like to share why you've been so active like this? Some good happened in your life?

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26794094 - 06/30/20 09:30 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Who is too say what a shaman might do? They could easily start small. Although I might be inclined to agree in general people who pursue that probably do not start small but who's to say?

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: totally_not_virus]
    #26794222 - 06/30/20 10:35 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yes I absolutely accept that I could have been lucky. I didn’t feel so at the time!! But I would stress that the risks of Long term mental harm are most likely in those in their early 20s, so they should be most careful, and do their research.

Back in the 80s, we had Aldous Huxley for advice, and all the hysteria from the 60s, early 70s; chromosome damage, going blind, jumping out of windows, dropping out. So we had no idea of the real links between psychedelics and especially schizophrenia. As I said, I have direct experience; my friend was 21 at the time he was committed formparanoid schizophrenia. This also coincided with his mother dying early,whereas we’d been taking LSD and occasional mushrooms for about 2 years before the diagnosis. So we were never 100% certain what it was that caused the schizophrenia, apparently it could have been either. But I lost my best friend overnight. So yes, most of us were lucky.

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

Edited by DJ Ed (06/30/20 10:38 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: LosTresOjos] * 3
    #26795004 - 06/30/20 04:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
Asante, would you like to share why you've been so active like this? Some good happened in your life?

Entheogens can be used for psychedelic therapy, which basically consists of confronting yourself with your issues, leading to a bad trip, and then overcoming this, and that over and over, reshuffling the elements of your life, reliving your traumatic events, until they fail to be traumatic.

This has a distinct pattern.

At first, you trip flying colors.
Then you get biographic trips, trips about important parts of your life.
Then you get bad trips on your issues if you have them.
The experiences get to be of a younger and younger age.
Finally you come to terms with the birth trauma and the death trauma.
This is called the Perinatal realm.
After you complete processing that you get a series of ego death experiences that fet evermore intense.
Each one of those RESETS YOUR BRAIN without the life, birth and death traumas into it.
Finally it spits you out into the transpersonal realm, thrown clear of your issues, and your trips then are supernatural in nature because YOUR ISSUES ARE WORKED THROUGH FOR GOOD.

I have gone this journey as one of the very few.

I had an extremely traumatic first 30 years of my life. I am among those who had some of the worst youth traumas (ACE score 7 but there was so much more) and continued abuses into adulthood.

I was messed up beyond messed up.

Mushrooms, MDMA, LSD, Mescaline and Methoxetamine took this miserable wretch and over the course of 25 years made him go through that whole process, and countless bad trips, making me stronger and stronger still. I am no longer afraid of life or death. The ghosts of the past have stopped tormenting me.

It took SO MUCH HARDSHIP but psychedelics cured me where others could not.

They CURED me and I am eternally grateful to Entheogens and the Shroomery (Asante = Thank You)

Entheogens gave me a life worth living.

That story that Entheogens can cure you and greatly improve your life if you use them right - its true.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemicrobiome88
Acquaintance

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Asante]
    #26799920 - 07/02/20 05:36 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

Even if you take a small dose, every month for 2 years, and its the exact same dose every time, the trips will get more intense and complex because you LEARN TO TRIP and thus, get more out of the same amount. Dont make the newbie mistake of impatiently taking far higher doses because you "hardly feel anything".  You have to LEARN HOW TO FEEL IT.

This statement is a revelation to me as a newcomer to psychedelics.

Can you say more about what it means to LEARN TO TRIP / HOW TO FEEL IT?

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: microbiome88] * 1
    #26800561 - 07/03/20 12:28 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

As you get more experienced, I don’t know how it manifests, but you tend to be able to trip “harder” from the same dose. I don’t know if it’s a result of you “letting go” more quickly, or “resisting the trip” less, but it is definitely a pattern I have noticed over the years.

❤️
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26800564 - 07/03/20 12:35 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's just the ability to let go or even to just be calm and in less awe and shock. Something similar to driving where you build up confidence and you gain experience on the highways to the point where things aren't as chaotic.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: microbiome88] * 1
    #26800632 - 07/03/20 02:23 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

microbiome88 said:
Quote:

Asante said:

This statement is a revelation to me as a newcomer to psychedelics.

Can you say more about what it means to LEARN TO TRIP / HOW TO FEEL IT?

With experience, u will learn to "flow" with the trip better. Its kinda like riding a bicycle. At first, u struggle to stay on and to even ride it. But after u learn how to ride the bike, then you faster and have stability while you ride. Its the same with classic psychedelics. The more you are experienced with them, even at lower/common dosages, the easier it is to "flow with the trip". U have some control over what is happening and what you want to experience. It comes with time and repeated psychedelic experiences.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineTurvenuija
Up shroom creek without a paddle

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26800705 - 07/03/20 05:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah good post. I've never had a sitter and I jumped into a >3g dose too quickly before I could look after myself while tripping, ended up hurting myself and I have a permanent scar to remind me. I believed I had done my homework and had several great 2,5g trips behind me, I was just overconfident.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Turvenuija]
    #26800734 - 07/03/20 05:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That over-confidence can be dangerous! One time i ate some unknown amount of fresh Mazatepecas and during the peak, i felt "fearless" as I lost my inhibitions. I descided it would be fun to go driving at night while flying on shrooms. Very dangerous! Its something to keep in mind is that taking "too much" can make u feel invinicible which could put you into dangerous sitautions, which is why lower, more common sized doses are safer overall :thumbup:

OfflineTurvenuija
Up shroom creek without a paddle

Re: Hey Bro, Take It Slow! Fools Go Rushing In! (starting out with psychedelics) [Re: Turvenuija] * 1
    #26800777 - 07/03/20 06:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that's a lot crazier than what I had in mind. Good thing you made it back to live and not do it again.

I only lost impulse control, ran around the house and rolled around on the floor with the gnomes but I didn't drink or eat before or after the trip and I was pretty exhausted. After going to sleep I passed out from low blood sugar and getting up from my bed quickly. Completely took me by surprise, I knew it's important to keep energy levels up but I just completely forgot and didn't feel hunger at the time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder