Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2020
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas
    #26784789 - 06/26/20 03:29 PM (11 days, 9 hours ago)

In the rare event that Biden becomes the 2021 President, he wants to make masks mandatory for public spaces.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/biden-would-use-executive-powers-to-make-people-wear-masks-in-public/ar-BB160kBC?ocid=msedgntp

Would you support this? Is this even practical to even accomplish?

Who would enforce this, the fuckin' murderous cops? Will they wear them too? They better.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin
PROJECT BLUE BOOK RELEASED (312pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits                                                           
R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) || OEF 2017 :sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival :: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti:  :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleevlyshrooms
Funguy
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Jawjeuh
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26784853 - 06/26/20 03:55 PM (11 days, 9 hours ago)

Would love to see the particulars of whatever executive action he plans on taking, but as is doesn't come across as being too practical. There are number of public areas where maintaining social distancing isn't at all an issue. As you stated, how will this be enforced? Lot's of questions, not many answers. Guess time will tell.

--------------------

OfflineOne of Us
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #26784857 - 06/26/20 03:55 PM (11 days, 9 hours ago)

I would support it.  I don't understand the anti-mask group. If everyone wore masks and actually followed CDC guidelines, covid would be a non-issue within weeks. Instead, we have this:

--------------------
LAGM 2020
Trade List

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: One of Us]
    #26784861 - 06/26/20 03:58 PM (11 days, 8 hours ago)

Thats what Im thinking!

But enforcing it would be difficult. Fines maybe? CDC workers? I just dont see the logistics. Maybe in certain areas like gorcery stores, malls, things like that.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #26785007 - 06/26/20 04:56 PM (11 days, 7 hours ago)

Makes sense. I'd support it. Hell, I'm wearing a mask until 2021, and probably past that the way we're going. Definitely won't be heading out on the town until 2021. My bank account has been pretty happy, now that I'm not dropping 200-300$ a weekend on entertainment. I'm a bit worried that once the Fed stops printing money, my investment accounts won't be quite so happy, but eh.

I don't think there will be any enforcement. It'll be like jaywalking, except probably without any actual potential fines. It's a symbolic move. Which is all that was ever needed, TBH.

The idea that masks are a political statement is absolutely retarded. The fact that they are a political statement is why One of Us's post is correct. We done fucked up. Canada closed the US border, looks like the EU might ban travel from the US. That's not politics, that's basic public health and safety for them. I fully support foreign nations banning travel from the US, even though it directly hurts me and my continued attempts to move to Germany.

One of the funny things about masks being political statements: I currently live in what was, until recently, one of the most reliably republican districts in the country. Also one of the wealthiest districts in the country, by average income, average assets, and cost of living. As of 2018, we're a lean R. Now, when I go shopping at my local neighborhood supermarket, damn near EVERYBODY wears masks. However, I work across district boundaries in a poorer district. Still leans R, but they can't afford the nicest things and still have some high tech industry to help pay the bills. Not nearly as many masks when I'm going out to lunch.

All of my wealthy Republican neighbors take masks and social distancing seriously. Not the poorer republicans where I work, though. So sure, wearing a mask is political, but it's clearly a wedge issue to drive the base, sort of like abortions and guns.

Invisibleevlyshrooms
Funguy
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Jawjeuh
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Kryptos]
    #26785026 - 06/26/20 05:04 PM (11 days, 7 hours ago)

I've noticed a few stores in my area enforcing it already. Not allowing people who choose not to wear a mask to enter and shop.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: evlyshrooms] * 2
    #26788435 - 06/28/20 12:33 AM (10 days, 23 minutes ago)

I agree with it. If your not wearing a mask during a pandemic in public when you can reduce your transmission rate from 16% to 4% is willfully contributing to the problem 30 states are having with record infections in states that opened quick and didn't wear masks and ultimately willfully contributing to deaths. There was 45 thousand cases in one day after places opened without people wearing masks. We were doing a little better until morons packed bars and other places without masks that isn't rocket science. 

Cases are exploding and to help the country get over this quicker, recover, to slow this avalanche of COVID cases that represent real people's lives all we can personally do to help achieve this and save countless lives is to put a mask on when you're in public. What you lose from wearing a mask comes no where near how much this sets the country back economically, how many people it will leave hospitizalied or dead, the medical bills,debt suffering, more shutdowns all because it's inconvient to wear a mask? We have an obligation to all our families,friends,ourselves and country to wear a fucking mask. The only way we can reopen the country is to get everyone to do a very small part in wearing a mask when they're in public and there's people that just refuse to do their part in a national crisis we haven't faced in over 100 years.

We know what the worst case scenario is for not wearing masks, why is you choosing not to wear a mask more important then 45 thousand people getting COVID in one day? Why is not wearing a mask more important then doing your part to save real people's lives?

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (06/28/20 12:33 AM)

OfflineMightyWhite
Unfeigned Whiteness
Male User Gallery
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26788661 - 06/28/20 03:30 AM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

Yes I'm all for it, liberal/leftist women look better with a mask on anyways

Offlineqop

Loc: yonder Flag
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: MightyWhite]
    #26788689 - 06/28/20 03:51 AM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

:thisisgonnabegood:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26788913 - 06/28/20 07:16 AM (9 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

MightyWhite said:

Yeah. You would look better to fuckable women if you were handing them several hundred dollars.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

OnlineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26789104 - 06/28/20 09:57 AM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

My favorite pizza place has been sending nothing but hot chicks to deliver food lately. I know its off topic but theure all wearing masks and im further incentivized to get delivery. Is thisball coincidence? Or a clever ploy by the pozza industry?

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 3
    #26789192 - 06/28/20 10:35 AM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

Well since you already like that pizza the best, if it were me I would be thinking, how many days a week can I eat pizza.

Hot delivery chicks is a great marketing idea. I would give them pepper spray and taser guns. It would still be kind of a turn on seeing those strapped to their belt.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #26789679 - 06/28/20 02:11 PM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
I agree with it. If your not wearing a mask during a pandemic in public when you can reduce your transmission rate from 16% to 4% is willfully contributing to the problem 30 states are having with record infections in states that opened quick and didn't wear masks and ultimately willfully contributing to deaths. There was 45 thousand cases in one day after places opened without people wearing masks. We were doing a little better until morons packed bars and other places without masks that isn't rocket science. 

Cases are exploding and to help the country get over this quicker, recover, to slow this avalanche of COVID cases that represent real people's lives all we can personally do to help achieve this and save countless lives is to put a mask on when you're in public. What you lose from wearing a mask comes no where near how much this sets the country back economically, how many people it will leave hospitizalied or dead, the medical bills,debt suffering, more shutdowns all because it's inconvient to wear a mask? We have an obligation to all our families,friends,ourselves and country to wear a fucking mask. The only way we can reopen the country is to get everyone to do a very small part in wearing a mask when they're in public and there's people that just refuse to do their part in a national crisis we haven't faced in over 100 years.

We know what the worst case scenario is for not wearing masks, why is you choosing not to wear a mask more important then 45 thousand people getting COVID in one day? Why is not wearing a mask more important then doing your part to save real people's lives?

Because individual freedumbs.

Rugged individualism and all that.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26789915 - 06/28/20 03:58 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Well since you already like that pizza the best, if it were me I would be thinking, how many days a week can I eat pizza.

Hot delivery chicks is a great marketing idea. I would give them pepper spray and taser guns. It would still be kind of a turn on seeing those strapped to their belt.

The non-lethal weapons would then lead to more sexual predation! :baseballfuck:

Because of Bidens public announcement of this, I will be voting for me cause its such an excellent idea to enforce masks even if impractical.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26789990 - 06/28/20 04:26 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

mandatory masks? Like 98, 99% of people survive from this virus!! It's not even that deadly! I swear I'm starting to hate the left. They're literally insane. Most people that get this virus aren't even getting sick!!

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Shenmue]
    #26790015 - 06/28/20 04:35 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

No matter what you do this world is going to kill you!!. Stop trying to control everything!

Let's all just wear masks, destroy the economy and stay inside for the next couple years because some 80 year olds are dying . Great idea (rooling my eyes).

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
    #26790029 - 06/28/20 04:41 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

MightyWhite said:

I don't think I've ever seen an attractive liberal/leftist woman 🤣. There might be a couple celebrities but in the real world most of them are unattractive.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Shenmue] * 2
    #26790105 - 06/28/20 05:07 PM (9 days, 7 hours ago)

Biden should only debate trump if he agrees to wear a mask

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #26790232 - 06/28/20 06:08 PM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
mandatory masks? Like 98, 99% of people survive from this virus!! It's not even that deadly! I swear I'm starting to hate the left. They're literally insane. Most people that get this virus aren't even getting sick!!

Only when the hospitals aren’t over capacity. 5% of covid patient will die without intensive healthcare.

Houston hospitals are now in surge capacity which means they have to select patients for intensive care and the patients least likely to survive are given palliative care until they die AKA death panels

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Edited by koods (06/28/20 06:26 PM)

OfflineMightyWhite
Unfeigned Whiteness
Male User Gallery
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Shenmue] * 2
    #26790271 - 06/28/20 06:24 PM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:

Yeah, it's not really a bad idea to wear a mask and it's not that hard to do or anything. You could be asymptomatic and spread the virus everywhere, wearing the mask helps slow that down. Wouldn't you feel bad if you have Covid and gave it to someone in your family and they ended up in the hospital?

Just put the damn mask on, don't be a superspreader. I'm pretty sure everywhere is mandatory as it is and they're going to start really enforcing it

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

General Interest >> Political Discussion