Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Microscope, Petri Dish, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineYumyumyumyum
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: C12ShroomMan]
    #26487233 - 02/15/20 05:13 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I tried a bunch of different methods. Prints, soaked caps, inner stem and cap. The scrapings off the side of a mature mushroom. So far only 3 out of 9 jars are growing(But they are in a much better chamber now)Dish out of 13 only 2 show nice clean growth, 2 decent growth but something going on. 4 going really slow but are clean. The other 5 were busts. I got all my equipment now to make everything and a much better understanding. Time will tell. It seems to be the one thing much like watching paint peel or a pot boiling it will happen sooner or later most of the time later and some times not. My first go was jars off ebay, syringe from a good vendor. 5 took one did not, 4 good cakes that produce while everything else gets its shit together. This guy had some useful information for knuckleheads like me.

Edited by Yumyumyumyum (02/15/20 05:15 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: Yumyumyumyum]
    #26495822 - 02/20/20 08:35 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Finally see some real action in 2/4 of the plates i made up the other day. A lot of different growth sites in the plate i put all the liquid in. I'm trying not to move it as it will be a few more days before its all evaporated but i was able to get some pics (40x under microscope) of the 2 spots growing on one of the transfer plates. :smile:

This top one was actually mold

This was myc

Edited by C12ShroomMan (03/09/20 09:19 PM)

Invisiblestaytrippy420

Loc: Canada Flag
    #26496030 - 02/20/20 10:32 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Damn those are cool pics C12. Reminds me of the moon :awesomenod:

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: staytrippy420]
    #26498279 - 02/22/20 12:29 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

staytrippy420 said:
Damn those are cool pics C12. Reminds me of the moon :awesomenod:

Thanks, i think it was easier to get pics through the scope eyepiece than it is to get my cell cam to focus through a petridish.

I can now see white growth by eye, and the 'dump' plate seems dry and is exploding with growth.

I'm thinking later today i might pick the best looking sites and transfer a few to my old plates with no growth.

Maybe i'll have enough to make up some new grain jars and drop some agar in them before i leave next week

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26521955 - 03/07/20 11:54 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Still nothing showing in my jars except the one i dropped a cutting into last week ... not sure how long to give them before i just drop my new agar into them and forget about the other strain....

Fun fact, turned out these plates were repacked from sterile packs so how sterile are they? well around 4 visually contaminated without being used a few weeks after pouring, and i still have plates without contam a month later...soo i duno?

Plate 1 is a huge spoogerino of spores onto agar because (reasons)

I took 4 transfers, 2 plates dropped to floor but didn't open.. one heavily contam XD

Theres 2 completely clean plates and others where clean transfers could be done. Wish i had some of that rhizo growth on em... maybe i can still snag it from the #1 tray where its hanging off the lid .. its the dish thats been opened for the longest time as well but looks pretty clean

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26525255 - 03/09/20 11:51 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Dear diary, Noticed my jar i dropped some agar into from plate 1 has some green contam :frown: The side growth looked really good so im sad.

Pretty much given up on my starter jars at this point ...

Took 5 more cuttings from my 2 cleanest plates, 3 went to my new HG containers 2 went to my older petri. Also dropped 4 wedges. 2 went into new grain jar, 2 went into old ones.

Heres a pic of my grow cab so far

OfflineMykology
monanacahuia

#26526442 - 03/10/20 02:12 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

What do you utilize for your cabinet?

--------------------

Mushroom Oneself

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: Mykology]
    #26530781 - 03/12/20 01:14 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mykology said:
What do you utilize for your cabinet?

Not sure what you mean, just have it near a heater and have a clip on light. will probably be fruiting in a closet, not too much space in there

Invisiblestaytrippy420

Loc: Canada Flag
    #26531584 - 03/12/20 09:20 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Need some more shelf’s! :stoned:

Small tight grows are bad ass.

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineMykology
monanacahuia

#26531945 - 03/13/20 02:12 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Was it easy to isolate contam from mycelium?

--------------------

Mushroom Oneself

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: Mykology]
    #26532690 - 03/13/20 03:02 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

staytrippy420 said:
Need some more shelf’s! :stoned:

Small tight grows are bad ass.

Yea there is something nice about a tight box getting stuffd with mushrooms . i could probably put some led strips in the door and stack boxes. looks like i might fit a 4 stack  on the top shelf, could do my agar work in the middle and have another 3 or 4 below it. currently have a keg there as it was my brew cab where i fermented a bunch of gallon batches.

Quote:

Mykology said:
Was it easy to isolate contam from mycelium?

Surprisingly so. I only did SAB work in my kitchen 1 time with those jars. After that i moved it to the basement on a small folding table.
There is some minor surface mold on some things down there but nothing serious. Been doing all my work down there since. If you have cats (me 4) you know how annoying they can be when ever they see you doing 'SOMETHING' have this sixth sense for knowing you don't want them fucking with it and they come over .. just to check it out 00_00 ha.

anyway... i think some just wait too long to transfer. those pics were taken after it got overgrown. Ive seen a lot of different contams. liquid red,yellow,whiteish. green and black molds. it just doesn't look to grow the same so if it looks like myc and growing into clean agar i cut.

I will have to take some more pics later, going to take a couple more transfers from these and drop the rest into my 6 old jars and 2 new.

Im keeping the contam jar around to watch the myc fight the tric contam. seems to have slowed down, but i also moved it away from the cfl and its been cooler in the room around 65-68.

I want some quicker growing stuff..., i finally read what 'pf classic' is: 'This classic strain is late to mature, and doesn't drop spores until the mushrooms are fully grown, making for clean cakes that can produce many flushes.'  maybe that means it will grow compact and fit in these shoe boxes with the lids on? great in the terms of a compact grow.

can't wait to see how these fruit, i'm way over the time i thought i could have a taste if i was lucky...ha...there was also a time i started off seeing 15 males and one female after 2-3 months so this is similar in that respect

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26537320 - 03/15/20 09:41 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Picked up some oats and made some new jars.
dropped wedges in remaining 5 old jars & 2 new oat
Playing around with the holes/sizing on my jar lids and 1 or 2 layers of micro tape(maybe doesnt work so well after it goes through PC so add another on top)

Couple pics of recent transfers and new HG container. Having some trouble getting the cutting to come off onto new plate, maybe caused 1 contam.
Tapped on the jar edge to get pieces off, hopefully not a problem.

One pic of a recent drop and hopefully clean jar of spawn. 

Not sure what to do with the old plates yet.

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26591268 - 04/10/20 04:51 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Well, its been awhile. slow going, started some new jars with grain.

Most of my old jars that i tried to re innoc with agar have slight contams, a couple that were mix of barley & verm look clean.

I'm wondering if its ever possible to save a jar like this by scooping the contam out? better to wait or do it right away?

Looking carefully at my new jars for contam, but they seem good.

Any idea what this is? kinda looks like sap...interesting contam

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26617685 - 04/21/20 02:36 PM (1 year, 24 days ago)

It seems like the oats are a lot quicker, jars shown both had agar added same day.

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26657468 - 05/08/20 03:25 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Here's some updates.

My first 2 jars were fruiting on the sides so i cut them out and placed them in a shoebox on foil with moist verm.

The pieces that came out solid are fruiting again already. the one that fell apart may take longer, i wonder if ill be able to dunk these or if this will all contam...

I dub thee ' Shoe cannon fruiting chamber'

Also a pic of all my jars, all appear 100% contam free.
I've put my last 2 agar transfers in the fridge to slow them down.
I think i have enough spawn built up here for awhile.

These jars will get mixed with coir, I will be doing the barley and oats separately in their own shoe-boxes. I'm thinking i might try 1 jar of spawn and 2 jars of spawn (roughly 25% vs 50% spawn). It will be interesting to compare these 4 different variations in my first grows and hopefully one will stand out.

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26665271 - 05/11/20 09:38 PM (1 year, 4 days ago)

Picked a few this morning and a few tonight for a total of 16 grams wet.
(not all in picture)

Started misting the cakes. Fun watching these grow so quick

my cute HG baby

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26669286 - 05/13/20 09:43 PM (1 year, 2 days ago)

Seems like misting is what they need. some were growing out kind shriveled looking and 12hrs after misting they looked a lot fuller.

I had enough to eat 18 grams wet, right about the dosage i got many years ago dry (1.7)

I was expecting them to taste bad but they weren't at all. I've never like mushrooms but recently after getting into this hobby i decided i was going to try them again and found the babybell mushrooms tasted pretty good raw. These had a similar mushroom taste but there was a little bit of floral flavor. I ate roughly 10 or so caps and stems over the course of 5-10 minutes like a snack.
I started to feel them surprisingly quick, I had set my alarm for 30 minutes and it didn't go off yet :wink:

I'm guessing i was around level 1 or 2. Its been 10 years since i had any. I started taking lexapro a year ago for anxiety so not sure if it lessened the experience.  Basically just very happy, music was noticeably better. Had some what racing thoughts like what i should be doing or thinking about kept changing. Just looking at stuff on the computer, Then i noticed the text moving in areas.
Columns of organized listings started moving like gentle breathing and i did feel more connected with everything.

That was about it, lasted maybe 3 hours. I think i'm going to double my next dose. may take about a week at the rate these are growing.

Will probably start mixing a couple jars into coil next week.

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

#26695205 - 05/25/20 05:26 PM (11 months, 14 days ago)

got about 60g wet from my 'cakes' so far, may try soaking. I have just been spraying them and picking the couple shrooms that come up here and there.

Spawned my first shoetub last week and it looks like its growing pretty quick, maybe another week will have it fully colonized.
Spawned tub#2 yesterday, just decided to do 2 pint jars spawn /tub

I will mix one 50/50 oats and barley, the rest will be oats. I have about 12 jars getting ready.

Starting to reclaim some empty pint jars, not sure when i need to start making more spawn to keep a cycle going, maybe in a couple weeks along with some more agar

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Looking for some guideance on my first grow [Re: Yumyumyumyum]
    #26784692 - 06/26/20 02:50 PM (10 months, 13 days ago)

Few pics of the tubs, too moist it seems.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Microscope, Petri Dish, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started