Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
ontario identify
    #2678398 - 05/14/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

these shrooms have shown up the past few years, im at about 45degrees northern lat in ontario,(canada)
description,cap- when young they are dark brown to tan/lightbrown/gold/when older some will have caps that are dark brown in the center fadeing to a lighter brown towards the edge. light brownish yellow (goldish?)or veery light brown /tan when mature.shape- when young (after cap has opened , but far from maturity)some have a round cap when looking down from above,ususally the dark brown ones.and others, usually the lighter brown ones that show up in small clusters can have caps influenced by the others in the clusters or are mostly round with "wobbles" in th cap (not waves like the wavy cap shrooms), some look like they have been eaten by insects( just the caps)some grow with what reminds me of "water spots" on indoor cubensis,i think they might be bug bites from earlier in thier lives.
gills- light brown/tan
stem- off white veeerry light tan
texture-not slimy
habitat- they grow in area's exposed to sun ther are 3 main paches, one in a grassy/weedy dich (all in area's that have grownd bare enoughf for one to easily spot them),another is on an area that had them last year,it was raked of leaves then a lot of pins showed up (mostly bare soil with sparce grass,natural worm castings,pine needles maple keys and other common stuff the other is grassy back yard.
measurements- at maturity (only a couple at the moment) cap on the lone big ones are about 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 inches accross (about 3 cm) with stems about 3/8 inch (3/4 cm) thick and the shrooms stand about 1 1/4 inch tall(3 1/2 cm)
but are usually about an inch (2cm)tall with caps about 3/4 inch (2cm). same preportions as the big ones ,just smaller.

i know the measurements arent perfect but its the best i can do right now , i will try my best to get pictures up soon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: ontario identify [Re: planit]
    #2678531 - 05/14/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

We need to see a photo:

Karnac the Great

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification