Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
OfflineLiz_1234
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Funkadelic12]
    #26783332 - 06/25/20 09:55 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Looking for species confirmation??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehobart_shroomer
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Liz_1234]
    #26783393 - 06/25/20 10:33 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Long term poster short term account details forgetterer. I went to check my sea level spot on the eastern shore today just in case and I got quite a nice surprise with some larger specimens fruiting marvellously. If I can recommend anything to the group based on my season, give the mountain a break and check your local sea level spots. The fire trails on the foothills of the mountain have been absolutely ransacked in my opinion every walk I’ve had up there lately I’ve found random fungi uprooted everywhere 😔

Today’s find - Howrah

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: hobart_shroomer]
    #26783677 - 06/26/20 05:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Have a great weekend my fellow Tasmanian hunters :thumbup:

And if you plan to hunt?, I hope you find what you're looking for :thumbup:

Edited by blessed (06/28/20 05:51 AM)

OfflineRumblefish
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: hobart_shroomer]
    #26788481 - 06/27/20 11:07 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hobart_shroomer said:
Long term poster short term account details forgetterer. I went to check my sea level spot on the eastern shore today just in case and I got quite a nice surprise with some larger specimens fruiting marvellously. If I can recommend anything to the group based on my season, give the mountain a break and check your local sea level spots. The fire trails on the foothills of the mountain have been absolutely ransacked in my opinion every walk I’ve had up there lately I’ve found random fungi uprooted everywhere 😔

Today’s find - Howrah

Yeah couldn't agree more!
I gave up going up that way after seeing huge areas look like they had been raked!!

Went to a few of my sea level spots today and found about 65 with some really good size ones.
They can be hard to spot at the moment as some are very brown from all the rain!
Best thing was a spot literally 200m from my house had re-grown really well and found about 20 there!!

Offlineblessed

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Rumblefish]
    #26788967 - 06/28/20 06:14 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Galerina (imposter)

And I did find what I was looking for but only 3 subs, oh well.... that's life.

And finally, this little yellow dude  :hi:

I would rate this season as average, but this happens from time to time.  Gotta take the good and the bad.

One thing that I've noticed over the years is that it seems more and more that we (in Launceston at least) seem to only get showers now days where im sure that years ago, there would be good decent rain falls, not just a shower here and there but it would literally rain for days and days sometimes.  Maybe I'm wrong but things seem to be slowly changing :justdontknow:.

OfflineSubscription
Stranger

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Liz_1234]
    #26791271 - 06/29/20 02:55 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Liz_1234 said:
Looking for species confirmation??

None of those are active, not sure about species but I would guess Cortinarius. Don't eat.
In future, please make a new thread for identification, this thread is intended for actives only.
Happy hunting! :cool:

--------------------

OfflineSubscription
Stranger

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Subscription] * 4
    #26791478 - 06/29/20 06:53 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Well, after 3 or so weeks of maxing out my weekly upload limit, I guess the time has come to make my annual post. :tongue2:

I've had an incredible season this year; huge hauls, great company and lots of beautiful scenery.
This is the first year I've spent routinely picking with another person and it has been such a great new experience and has given me so much more to love about this hobby. :heart:

My aim for these posts is to showcase the incredible diversity in the morphology of Subaeruginosa, and help my fellow hunters develop an eye for what to (and what not to) look for.  :eyeball:
Every year I find myself even more humbled than the last when I realise there is still so much more for me to learn and understand, this really reinforces the importance of picking safely and never getting too big for your boots.

Great work to all those who've posted this year, it's good to see familiar names still popping up. And even better to see such an influx of newcomers this year, welcome all! :hi:

:sporedrop: North-West of Hobart, Pine Plantations and surrounds:

:sporedrop: Northern Wellington Foothills:

:sporedrop: Wellington Foothills

:sporedrop: Hauls:

Potential Psilocybe Alutacea?
Found in the Huon region growing out of dung. :poop:

The most Amanita Muscaria I have ever seen.
This went on as far as they eye could see, for kilometres. :regularshroom: 

Finally, here is a great example of why can never be too cautious when it comes to identification.
Pictured left is a Galerina species, pictured right is a Sub.

The Galerina USUALLY has a fairly soft and delicate stem with a distinct annulus, however, the Galerina pictured here had a very firm and fibrous stem (much like that of a Sub) and it's annulus was quite discreet.

The Sub should NEVER have an annulus, however, sometimes they will often have partial veils that can appear similar to an annulus. The Sub pictured here must have twisted or bent at one stage of it's life, leaving it with part of it's stem protruding around the circumference.

I would advise anyone who is not 100% on their identification skills to LEAVE any Sub that has an anomaly like this one (I did), it's just not worth the risk.
I also recommend you observe and study potential look-alike species, as knowing all the possible identifiable traits of these Mushrooms is really important.

It looks as though the season should still have another few weeks or so left in it after that big downpour followed by warmth and sunshine.

I may post again next week, once my upload limit refreshes.
Otherwise, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their season! :cool:

--------------------

OfflineRumblefish
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Subscription]
    #26793412 - 06/29/20 10:35 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Great post and pics subscription!!

I'm love to take more pics of the subs I find in the ground but so many of my places are a bit public so I like to pick and run!!!

I agree totally on finding new areas and discovering!!

Quite interesting on the finds in the pine forest. I have searched through a fair bit of pine forest and found bugger all in the middle of the forest, all found on the edges.
I've sort of been wondering if the age of the forest matters?

Also I found a heap on Sunday at a reasonably new subdivision where piles of bracken were poled up and rotting.

OfflineFunkadelic12
Mush More Than A Title
 User Gallery

#26793656 - 06/30/20 03:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

@Subscription, what a beautiful bunch of photos and specimens. How aesthetically pleasing does a fresh, creamy, rich, mature button top Sub look? I may be mushroom racist, but they are so much more satisfying and more appealing than any other mushroom (I also may perhaps be a little biased because of their 'unique' properties but none-the-less).

Awesome share. I've got more than enough for the season but it does make me want to go out hunting again just for the hell of it.

Out of curiosity, how much did you end up hauling in the end?

OfflineVJPK14
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26795179 - 06/30/20 06:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

They're still out there guys! Found a solid 60 grams wet in about an hour of looking, southern Tas at about 200-300 metres elevation. Some of the biggest subs I have ever seen were picked up that afternoon. Always a laugh when you spend most of your hunt deep in the eucalypt forests and find nothing, but then find stacks growing along the side of the road whilst walking back to the car. It's pretty lovely. Happy hunting all, hopeful to see a few more posts of good hauls here before the season winds up.

Offlinedaisies
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: VJPK14]
    #26803748 - 07/04/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all (long time lurker, first time poster), am amazed by everyone's finds! I'm in Southern Tas and this is my second season hunting and (embarrassingly) still haven't found one active mushroom. After studying this forum and old threads to understand how to identify and also places they grow I am still lost...just wondering what I am doing wrong? Like when you guys hunt how long do you spend and at what kind of pace do you go? Maybe I'm not spending long enough and walking past them because I don't want to look suss? Then when I find none yet again it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack type of thing...even tho I'm looking in the right environment after rainfall etc they just might not grow there cos no spores ever got there ahhh sorry for long post but any help/tips would be awesome, thanks in advance :blush:

Offlineblessed

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: daisies]
    #26806153 - 07/06/20 03:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hello daisies and welcome :thumbup:

As for how long I hunt, it's now only a couple of hours and sometimes half a day (to places I know where subs grow).  My longest hunt has me leave my place at 7am and I get home around 3pm.  I have to drive some distance to get to the place and then park my car and walk or ride (I can't park closer) for a kilometer or two to get to the place where many magic mushrooms grow.  Unfortunately when most people start off on this awesome but somewhat hard hobby, it's possible to spend many many many hours walking around looking for them without any success :frown:.  Some are lucky and find subs right away but I think that the norm is it can take many many many many hours before someone will find anything.  This of course is very disheartening for most but it is an unfortunate part of being and becoming a good hunter.

Even after 8 plus years of hunting, I still find it hard to find new places but I find that if I just keep persisting then I do eventually find new spots.  In saying that, I'm fine cause one of my spots has kilometers of subs all for the taking in one special place, but as I mentioned before it's almost a full day worth of hard work.

As for the pace, a slow walk with me constantly looking left and right and up and down as I walk.  Most times it's easy to spot a shroom, but sometimes they can be camouflaged due to the color which changes with age and or how much rain has fallen on them.  Because you mentioned that you don't want to look suss, im thinking that yes you are not spending the correct time investigating an area for magic mushrooms.  I recommend don't worry about what people think and just look the part, and that is someone going for a walk/hike or for the purpose of photography.

There is more to finding shrooms but I'll let someone else chime in (if they want).  If not, ill try to give you more advice another time.  I'll leave you with this though..... just get out there and have a good look (and keep, keep, keep looking, look like you would as if you lost your keys).  Start around where you live and just expand out (parks, walking tracks, garden beds (with woodchips) and bush land.

Don't know if this is helpful for you but I hope it is :thumbup:

Edited by blessed (07/07/20 04:16 AM)

Offlineblessed

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: blessed]
    #26806164 - 07/06/20 03:25 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Well guys I went for a hunt today and found only a few dried out subs.  It seems that the season is over or is close to being over.  That of course doesn't mean their not still out there, their just a lot harder to find.  Me, it's not worth it anymore, so im throwing in the towel, but it's ok, I need a good break from shrooms anyway.  I hope you had success this year and that you have a good amount to last for awhile.

If you haven't found any or many?  I wish things were not the case, but it happens unfortunately for most new hunters.  Most seasoned hunters went through exactly what you're going through now and it sucks, but the key is to never give up and try to keep learning as you go as it should/will eventually pay off for your efforts.

So goodbye for the rest of this season and I'll see you all next year :thumbup:

Oh and one last thing,

Someone from the pub found this cool star wars video on YT.  Check it out :cool:

Cya next year :thumbup:

Edited by blessed (07/06/20 04:36 AM)

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: blessed] * 1
    #26806301 - 07/06/20 06:55 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, Subscription - so impressive!!

Hi Daisies :wave:

All I can say is keep looking.  Rather than trying to look at both sides of a track at once - I will look all along the left edge on the way out, then all along the opposite edge (also the left, but going the other way) on the way back.  If it's a circular track, I'll try and walk it in both directions (I missed a big patch by just going in one direction - not sure if it was the light or what, but I only saw them when I went the other way).

Stop every now and then and crouch down to survey things at ground level.  Look under swordgrass and bracken.  If you feel conspicuous, take a backpack and sit on a log/the ground and look as if you're getting snacks/water out and just sit there for a bit drinking/eating - that's how I discovered my first pin that turned into an epic patch once I started looking around.  I think once you have found your first few then they become easier to spot.  Perhaps you are not quite ready for the mushroom to be seen yet? :mushroom2::mushroom2:

I wanted to express my thanks to everyone here for the support.  This was my first season hunting and I've managed to store 15g dry, and got a further 12g fresh today - so probably ~16g dry all up for the season.  This is more than enough for my purposes.  I've had one lovely macrodose, and am 6 weeks into microdosing .08g every three days.  This has helped my PMDD incredibly, which is pretty life changing as i've had it for 20 years with little relief.  I can't believe that it's only been 7 weeks since I found my first mushroom, and a little over 8 weeks that I've known anything about mushrooms at all :shocked:

I wouldn't have been able to do this without this amazing forum, and all of the hunting knowledge I have gained. My dog has loved the extra walks, and I've really enjoyed slowing down in nature too :smile: Like Blessed, my patches appear to have now dried up and I think I'm done for the season too.  Happy hunting to the rest of you!

From today:

OfflineFunkadelic12
Mush More Than A Title
 User Gallery

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Nearwildheaven]
    #26808522 - 07/07/20 08:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

My advice - don't waste your time pottering around bush tracks and the sides of roads. Research as to where your closest pine plantation is, wait for some decent rain, then go collect.

This is my first season hunting and I spent so much time doing the whole go on a bushwalk, traverse the mountain bs. Sure it's nice to get out in nature and the ol doggo loved it, but out of the 60g dry I've found, 40g came from about 8 hours exploring the plantations and 20g came from about 24 hours (collectively on many trips) going on multiple bush walks around the mountain and Cascades/ fern tree area.

Depends what you're in it for I suppose. My primary goal was to find shrooms, and enjoythe scenery secondarily. Having said that, hunting has been the catalyst for exploring and getting some great exercise. It's such a wholesome activity!

OfflineRumblefish
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26810153 - 07/08/20 01:16 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree about the sides of roads, it's where I find the most!!

Season is def not over.  I went to a spot I picked clean 10 days ago and found another 20 or so.

OfflineCookie1o8
Stranger

#26810181 - 07/08/20 02:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone, I've been hunting this season only and have been searching for the past few weeks, i had no luck for a while but i found an alright spot. I'm so excited to be out picking still and hopefully i can find a few left over coming towards the end of the season.

Offlinezerokool
🐮💩
Male User Gallery

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Cookie1o8]
    #26810436 - 07/08/20 06:33 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is cool af..

Offlinewedge77

#26814480 - 07/10/20 07:37 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I second this as I found about 20 in a new spot today that was on the side of a road with some bracken, short green grass and rich soil. 😁

OfflineAnna
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: wedge77]
    #26820433 - 07/13/20 03:14 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yo guys,
I'm a newbie from Melbourne. Me and my boyfriend started picking this year and he was with me in Melbourne. Then he went back to Tasmania in June and hasn't been successful in finding mushrooms. He just found 2 subs in June and that was it. He went out with couple of people but was successful. He lives in Hobart. Can anyone help him by suggesting few spots or he can come picking work you? Lemme know :smile: As for me, I'm getting good amounts of Mushrooms in Melbourne and bought a dehydrator today :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies