Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomer4000
Stranger
 User Gallery

Most Powerful Experience of My Life * 1
    #26779464 - 06/24/20 01:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I never realized how impactful mushrooms could be on someone life until now, My story starts when I took a few grams of shrooms, my stomach hurt but I didn’t mind because I looked at everything from a  different perspective and it was beautiful. I wouldn’t say the 4 hour trip made the biggest change.  I don’t know if anyone else has experienced something like this but after I did shrooms now whenever I sleep I have very strong dreams that I can remember  fully, which I’ve never had before. It’s amazing yet terrifying, I see many things in my dreams that have told me so much it’s almost scary. One in which I died in my dream and left my body but was still sleeping, it felt like I actually died, it  was so intense. Now I’m a firm believer that shrooms are truly a gateway to the third eye. What I took away from it all is be a good person to everyone and enjoy your time here because you don’t know what’s next.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Shroomer4000] * 2
    #26779638 - 06/24/20 03:03 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:solidnod:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26779651 - 06/24/20 03:09 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, sounds intense but in a positive way. I haven't had that effect from mushrooms. Maybe dreams are a bit more lively and easier to remember and more lucid at times. Now is a good time for you to keep a dream journal if you aren't already.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Shroomer4000]
    #26779698 - 06/24/20 03:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:
What I took away from it all is be a good person to everyone and enjoy your time here because you don’t know what’s next.

:jackiechanofapproval:

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26779960 - 06/24/20 05:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:manofapproval::whathesaid::cookiemonster:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

InvisibleYellow Pants
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26780069 - 06/24/20 06:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:peak:

OfflineShroomer4000
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #26780081 - 06/24/20 06:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I’m hoping I’ll live to see it legal everywhere.

--------------------

OfflineEvolvingVRNode

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #26780106 - 06/24/20 06:54 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Ha! Love these GIFs of approval, this mushroom spirit really does guide us to be better people...

I believe there is something powerful going on in dreams soon after a strong dose, personally I had a dream I was in the middle of nowhere, and all I could think about was my dad who I hadn't seen in a long time, family fell apart, mum split, I was focusing on university and living with mum as I couldn't live with my dad any longer as was too distracting seeing him slip, drink, not maintain the house, something was wrong, we thought he was depressed and giving up, tried to get him help but he refused. Did visit every couple of months or so, but anyway this dream was just a massive awareness all around my dad, it felt really deep, unlike any usual dream, I shook it off, went about my business, then I had another dream of my dad with a strain on his face as if he was in pain or in a fight, I go to check on him and there's no answer at the door, neighbours come out saying they haven't seen him for weeks, I kick the door in and find him on the floor of the bathroom, he's dilerious, gaunt, skinny and incoherent, got an ambulance and scans show a bleed on the brain, hospital for 3 months, vascular dementia and now in care, we now realise he wasn't depressed he was getting seriously sick and nobody could tell, anyway my point is I think mushrooms do send important messages when you need them, during the trip and maybe after in dreams, listen to them.

OfflineShroomer4000
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: EvolvingVRNode]
    #26780254 - 06/24/20 07:31 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I’m sorry to hear that, I 100% agree it can show you things you would never be able to Comprehend or understand.

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: Shroomer4000]
    #26781788 - 06/25/20 10:35 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:
I never realized how impactful mushrooms could be on someone life until now, My story starts when I took a few grams of shrooms, my stomach hurt but I didn’t mind because I looked at everything from a  different perspective and it was beautiful. I wouldn’t say the 4 hour trip made the biggest change.  I don’t know if anyone else has experienced something like this but after I did shrooms now whenever I sleep I have very strong dreams that I can remember  fully, which I’ve never had before. It’s amazing yet terrifying, I see many things in my dreams that have told me so much it’s almost scary. One in which I died in my dream and left my body but was still sleeping, it felt like I actually died, it  was so intense. Now I’m a firm believer that shrooms are truly a gateway to the third eye. What I took away from it all is be a good person to everyone and enjoy your time here because you don’t know what’s next.

I could be way off the mark, but I’m guessing you’re 20 something? Because I had that exact phenomena when I first started with mushrooms; I was 20 or 21. I’m now 53 and I don’t get the vivid dreams. Haven’t since I was about 40 - could be an age thing. So enjoy them while you can :thumbup:

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26781976 - 06/25/20 12:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I’m now 53

More information on you! I'm slowly gathering every little piece so that I can find you and we can trip together one day :hehehe:

--------------------

OfflineShroomer4000
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26782105 - 06/25/20 01:12 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering how age would affect shroom trips.

--------------------

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26782403 - 06/25/20 03:34 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I could be way off the mark, but I’m guessing you’re 20 something? Because I had that exact phenomena when I first started with mushrooms; I was 20 or 21. I’m now 53 and I don’t get the vivid dreams. Haven’t since I was about 40 - could be an age thing. So enjoy them while you can :thumbup:

Wrestled over this response, a bit.  I don't think vivid or even lucid dreams are predicated on age.  I believe there is a complicated interaction between pharmacology and psychology, however, not to diminish the struggle.

Aside from that, thanks for your input.  Mazatapec tea after 20 years and using fresh shrooms, wow.  I guess PrimalSoup set forward the original tea guidance, but I used that thread and your suggestions in the end result.

:mindblown:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: InfiniteDreams]
    #26782538 - 06/25/20 04:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I agree - my dreams are always vivid and always in color and I'm nearly 65.  I think psychedelics influence both the quality of dreams and enhance ability to have lucid dreams.  While straight I have to work at it to get lucid dreams but after tripping the boundaries seem lessened considerably.

I've spent entire nights half between sleeping and intense dreaming, but that can be exhausting. :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineCegda
Mentat
Male User Gallery

Re: Most Powerful Experience of My Life [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26782843 - 06/25/20 06:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Long story short.. been like a decade since my last trip, but my sister died like 4 years ago, and I've felt a message waiting light.. then moms pointed out that my first grow is in line to be harvested ON the anniversary of her death.. I think its a sign

--------------------
“What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?”

-Orange Catholic Bible,
    -from Frank Herbert's Dune

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26783503 - 06/26/20 12:33 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I’m now 53

More information on you! I'm slowly gathering every little piece so that I can find you and we can trip together one day :hehehe:

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

I would welcome the opportunity, Socrateshroom  :dancer:

Shroomer4000; after PS’s comments, I’m going to have to think about this some more! I do know my memory isn’t what it used to be; but I put that down to years of drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis, not the mushrooms. The min difference I note is that it takes me a LOT LESS to go really deep into a trip; have to be careful, 3g can give me a 5g (almost) experience these days......

P.S.; I’m not the oldest here :awesome:

Mush love all
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

#26784434 - 06/26/20 11:30 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I’m now 53

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

Quote:

Shroomer4000 said:

I would welcome the opportunity, Socrateshroom  :dancer:

Shroomer4000; after PS’s comments, I’m going to have to think about this some more! I do know my memory isn’t what it used to be; but I put that down to years of drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis, not the mushrooms. The min difference I note is that it takes me a LOT LESS to go really deep into a trip; have to be careful, 3g can give me a 5g (almost) experience these days......

P.S.; I’m not the oldest here :awesome:

Mush love all
DJ Ed

:cheers:

So I'm reading Michael Pollans book and he posits that psychedelics are more useful for "older" people (people in the second half of their lives). To some degree I imagine that would be true (I'm not yet in my second half but work with a lot of people who are and the way they describe their being seems worlds different than the experiences of myself and people my age).

I think older age just brings a new level of lived experience and wisdom that might make these substances more "useful". I still love mushrooms but sometimes after a trip I think I need more life experience and wisdom to get the full effects possible.

--------------------

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
    #26784473 - 06/26/20 11:41 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, interesting. Also maybe older people benefit "more" because their nervous system is harder to change, it is harder to think differently than one has done for 20-30 years. Not that middleaged people don't also constantly learn but there is a general settling of structures and contents of the psyche that starts to happen before 30 years of age already. I haven't researched this, just heard about it and I think it is true mostly.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26786176 - 06/27/20 01:31 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Socrateshroom, Michael Pollan’s book is where I got that statement from. When I read it, I knew exactly what he was getting at.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not being disrespectful to our younger members, as I was 20 or 21 when I started, and they weren’t wasted on me.

What I believe he is getting at, and others who make the claim that psychedelics are wasted on the young.........

Rosalind Watts, currently on the Imperial College London team helping s a trip sitter on the depression research projects; she likened the mature brain to a ski slope. And in their therapy sessions, the psilocybin effectively wipes that ski slope clean. As you get older, the brain becomes more and more “efficient”; it has experienced a phenomenon before, so now knows how to deal with it most effectively. What you end up with are deep ski ruts in your brain, so when a thought needs to get from A to B, it can only follow one of these deep ruts. Psilocybin comes along and wipes away all these deep ruts in the snow, leaving a virgin ski slope. Now when a new thought enters your head and needs to get from A to B, it can take many many more different directions through the brain to get there. Basically, the existing connections are wiped forcing the brain to make new connections.

This is one reason why psychedelics are said to be so useful in treating depression; they wipe away this conditioned thinking, and allow you to effectively start again.

There are also more and more prevalent discussions these days that psilocybin leads to brain neuro-genesis; so for me, regardless of intention, I find that a decent session on mushrooms takes away my cynicism, allows me to let things go much more easily, and gives me a fresh start. This “afterglow” very often lasts a few weeks before my old head cynicism starts setting in again. I reckon with more effort, you could reprogrammed your brain as a happy, non-depressed brain......With a lot of work - I’m still working on this aspect, not to let the after glow ever fade......

Mush love lovely people.
And Socrateshroom, I am well up for a mutual trip. Haven’t been over to the States in over 20 years, but who knows with work, if I ever get chance to come over, I’ll PM you and we could try to set something up.

Or if you’re ever over in the UK 🇬🇧 :feelingfunky:

DJ Ed

EDIT: and if it’s raining, lie it generally is in the North West, my trip room is nearing completion:-

--------------------

Terence McKenna

Edited by DJ Ed (06/27/20 01:34 AM)

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

#26788075 - 06/27/20 06:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I may be in the UK next year so we’ll be in contact :cheers:

But back to your point, I actually think Pollan is right. I often have feelings that I’m unworthy or lack the necessary life experience to benefit from mushrooms. It motivates me to do better and every time I trip, the weeks after highlight all that I need to improve. As someone on the cusp of 30, I feel that my existential state is still too varied and unsure. And I think that causes tension during or after a trip.

Not to say I don’t love that tension, it builds me up, but I can definitely see how an older, more stable, mind could benefit much more. The slope analogy is great, how would you apply that example to a younger mind?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds