Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Why is this not being discussed??? [Re: greenladel] * 1
    #26898519 - 08/25/20 11:07 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

sudly said:
Wtf no, you prepare for it with masks, gloves (used correctly), cough medications, contact tracing, testing and universal healthcare.

It is scary and a vaccine would go a long way in helping people.

Try preparing for polio by catching it.. :fryflipoff:

polio is a great example. herd immunity had started to appear before any vaccine was released.
its easy to get distracted with everything being shoved in our faces all the time.

Provide some sort of reference.  My uncle was one of last people to catch polio before the vaccine and was very lucky in that he mostly recovered.

Polio was once one of the most feared diseases in the U.S. In the early 1950s, before polio vaccines were available, polio outbreaks caused more than 15,000 cases of paralysis each year. Following introduction of vaccines—specifically, trivalent inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) in 1955 and trivalent oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) in 1963—the number of polio cases fell rapidly to less than 100 in the 1960s and fewer than 10 in the 1970s.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegreenladel

Re: Why is this not being discussed??? *DELETED* [Re: Ice9]
    #26899825 - 08/26/20 02:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by greenladel

Reason for deletion: .

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Why is this not being discussed??? [Re: greenladel]
    #26899966 - 08/26/20 06:06 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus mary of fuck.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Offlinegreenladel

Re: Why is this not being discussed??? *DELETED* [Re: sudly]
    #26900911 - 08/26/20 04:16 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26901092 - 08/26/20 06:07 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Must be the Dunning-Kruger effect.

And out? What do you mean out? You were never in this, and you still aren't.

Diseases come in waves, they arrive and spread like crazy, then social awareness and precaution reduces the spread but without a vaccine the level of infection won't drop to near nill.

If you look at the graph YOU posted and actually looked into it an inch you'd notice that in the early 1950s people feared only nuclear ahnilalation more than polio, hence they tried to avoid spreading it and the numbers went down.

When the vaccine was made it took longer than over night to protect everyone and eventually and you can see in that graph, IT WORKED! And the number if infections remained extremely low relative to what it was.

--------------------

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26901343 - 08/26/20 09:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
graphs dont mean much, look:

unfortunately all that proves is that the graph exists.

Who measures polio deaths other than to put on death certificates, the majority of people who contracted polio lived, as seen in my graph, was approximately 15k per year every year since at least the 50's prior to the vaccine.  What you did is take a graph that has no bearing on the topic at hand, and use it disingenuously to try to make a point.  This is either through malfeasance on your part, or stupidity. Take your pick, I care not which you choose.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Offlinegreenladel

#26901632 - 08/27/20 05:48 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26901652 - 08/27/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

What even is my profile picture?

A big portion of them died and many survived via isolation.

Survivors of the black plague where often left with horrible scarring for the rest of their lives, but they did have some immunity to it for when the disease came around again :thumbup:

And before modern vaccines they had variolation.
Quote:

900-1000 AD. The first precursor to a modern vaccination, however, occurred in China. The Chinese were the first to develop a primitive form of a vaccine around the 10th century, according to the NHS. Known as variolation or inoculation, the method was developed to prevent smallpox — a destructive disease that frequently plagued Europe and Asia in the Middle Ages. Chinese physicians discovered that when healthy people were exposed to smallpox scab tissue, they were less likely to get infected with the disease later on (or if they did, it was a much milder, less dangerous version). The most common form of inoculation in China was to crush smallpox scabs into powder, then breathe it in through the nose.

All this aside, maybe you should catch rubella, measles and or polio to make yourself a stronger person and tell us all about it.

--------------------

OfflineCouchShroom
Stranger

Re: Why is this not being discussed??? [Re: sudly] * 1
    #26901725 - 08/27/20 07:35 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
do you ever wonder how humans made it to the point of being able to create vaccines without being wiped out by viruses?

We didn't get completely wiped out, but we lost absolutely massive amounts of our population to pandemics. The Black Death killed 50 - 60% of humans in Europe. The Spanish Flu killed 30% of the world's population at the time. That would be like losing 2.3 billion people today.

"getting it to be prepared for it" is exactly what a vaccine is doing. It's training your immune system to recognize and attack the real thing if you ever come in contact with it.

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26902963 - 08/27/20 07:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
do you ever wonder how humans made it to the point of being able to create vaccines without being wiped out by viruses?
you should think about that, properly, not just reply with an argument. in fact, dont even reply, just think about the logistics of how that might have worked.

We were spread out globally and couldn't spread super deadly pathogens worldwide in mere days......

And you thought the answer was evolution or genetic diversity lol, human populations for the past 50k years were far more homogeneous than they are now, meaning a single bad pathogen could wipe them all out.

Do you ever think? Not just reply with an argument in fact don't even reply, I can see you got nothing gooing on upstairs anyhow.

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel

#26903128 - 08/27/20 08:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26903159 - 08/27/20 08:45 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

2020 years ofc.

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel

#26903163 - 08/27/20 08:47 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26904118 - 08/28/20 12:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Evolution and range
Main articles: Homo, Early modern human, and Human taxonomy
Further information: Anthropology, Human evolution, and Timeline of human evolution
The genus Homo evolved and diverged from other hominins in Africa, after the human clade split from the chimpanzee lineage of the hominids (great apes) branch of the primates. Modern humans, defined as the species Homo sapiens or specifically to the single extant subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens, proceeded to colonize all the continents and larger islands, arriving in Eurasia 125,000–60,000 years ago,[35][36] Australia around 40,000 years ago, the Americas around 15,000 years ago, and remote islands such as Hawaii, Easter Island, Madagascar, and New Zealand between the years 300 and 1280.[37][38]

When you say human you specifically mean Homo Sapiens Sapiens, and not other subspecies of Homo Sapiens which evolved in Africa @ 500k years ago

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel

#26906803 - 08/29/20 10:15 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26906915 - 08/29/20 11:27 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

And an average age of 30.

Less populace and more spread out peeps too. 

Without it you'll stand a much better chance of being dead :thumbup:

--------------------

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

#26907537 - 08/30/20 11:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
so we were around for ~59,800-124,800 years before the first vaccine was created.
~59,800-124,800 years without the need for a single vaccine, yet in the last 200 years we have needed, what? 30-40?
that is assuming the evolution etc article is correct.

even if you only count the ~6,000 years we have been known to be living closely in large numbers that still leaves 5,800 years of no vaccines vs only 200 years for 30-40 vaccines.

to add to it we seem to "need" the vaccines more and more every time.

you are, of course, free to do what you like with your body, but i will not be getting any covid "vaccine", EVER. if they try to force it on me then they better make sure i am dead.

We have been living in large agrarian cities for 8 to 10k years approximately.  The thing is these cities dealt with constant pestilence which ravaged their populations.  Also, they did not have the means to transport to any other large civilizations effectively due to the sick dying long before reaching another large city thus reducing the spread and reproducability factor of these pathogens.

It is only since the industrial age that vaccines have really been needed (and also the science behind them has become known) so hence why we have vaccines now and not then. 

You seem incapable of critical thinking and extremely uneducated, and unwilling to educate yourself.  This will be my last reply as this feels like a troll thread.

As far as getting or not getting a vaccine, I hope they mandate it and force you.

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel

#26909255 - 08/31/20 07:55 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26910343 - 08/31/20 05:48 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

sudly said:
And an average age of 30.

Less populace and more spread out peeps too. 

Without it you'll stand a much better chance of being dead :thumbup:

im surprised you believe what we are being told, given your stance on evolution and darwin. do you not see links?

Do you not have the capacity to point them out?

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel

#26911161 - 09/01/20 04:07 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by greenladel (09/01/20 04:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale