Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
you're right....you're wrong
    #2677677 - 05/14/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

when can we use these statements in regards to philisophical and spiritual subjects?

msot of the time, it's jsut one ego feeding off of another...does this get anywhere? 

:sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: you're right....you're wrong [Re: kaiowas]
    #2677937 - 05/14/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I guess it depends on the context of the argument.

--------------------
What?

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2677973 - 05/14/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The idea of right and wrong is a philosophy itself.And it's useless to fight philosophy with philosophy.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2677974 - 05/14/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When someone makes a logical error, I think it's appropriate to say that they're wrong.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: you're right....you're wrong [Re: HypnoToad]
    #2678134 - 05/14/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HypnoToad said:
The idea of right and wrong is a philosophy itself.And it's useless to fight philosophy with philosophy.

Have you ever heard of Munitz and his World Pictures philosophy? This is exactly what he argues. Saying that one religion/philosophy is better than another is like saying "who's the better team: Philadelphia Flyers or the 76ers?" You can't compare them, hockey vs basketball is a totally different set of self defined rules or beliefs, how would you decide who's better? It's the same thing with comparing philosophies and religions.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: you're right....you're wrong [Re: silversoul7]
    #2678230 - 05/14/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"When someone makes a logical error, I think it's appropriate to say that they're wrong. "

:thumbup:

is ther ever an instance where a person doesn't make a logical error but is still wrong?  how about the opposite?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2678260 - 05/14/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hen can we use these statements in regards to philisophical and spiritual subjects?

Innumerable places.

1. When source is quoted incorrectly.

2. When the tenets of any spiritual belief system are inconsistent. Such as "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and " When a man lies with another man, they shall both be put to death."

3. When the conclusion drawn is based on erroneous data or fallacious logic. "I was an indistinct light, therefore we are being visited my aliens."

4. When a SPECIFIC claim is made that cannot be backed up. "I can always tell when another is looking at me from behind."

5. When dreams are perceived as consensus-reality. "I was abducted!", though a 24 hour video shows the person never left the bed.

On-and-on it goes.

What cannot be reasonably challenged are peoples emotions and experiences; though a great number here often confuse their conclusion about an experience and the experience itself. "A crow flew over my shoulder (fact). It warned me of danger (fantasy)."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: you're right....you're wrong [Re: silversoul7]
    #2678263 - 05/14/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When someone makes a logical error, I think it's appropriate to say that they're wrong.

If done in a polite way, I agree. But being illogical does not necessarily make it wrong.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order