Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: koods]
    #26856637 - 08/01/20 04:24 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
There was a back door behind the stage but a security guard refused to allow people to use it because it was “for the band.” In the video, the cameraman goes around back and the door is open and relatively free of fire.

Yeah I think the biggest thing that irritates me about that is that he was never changed.

Crisis brings out the best and the worst in people. Too little time and too much panic to be much of the best.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26856708 - 08/01/20 06:47 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Awesome! I'll have to read up for sure and then give it another go. I eventually figured out how to slash people with the sword when I was playing, but then it didn't do anything and I tried to build, but couldn't figure it out because I kept getting killed, I guess it was night time.

Yeah it's like they give you that sword just to frustrate you, it's barely adequate against even the daytime enemies because of the short reach. With just wood and stone (and standing at a placed workbench made from wood) you can make a bow and arrows, which are a lot more capable against early enemies. Flaming arrows have better damage and can also be crafted early on (first you craft regular arrows and torches, which require wood and gel from killing slimes). Another way to improve damage is to harvest tons of wood and repeatedly make wooden bows until you get one with the best stats (Demonic Wooden bow). A bit later in the game you get the Goblin Tinkerer NPC who can reforge items to get better modifiers. Costs a lot but it's better than using scarce resources to remake the item.

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Wooden_Bow
https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Wooden_Arrow
https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Flaming_Arrow

Minimally for night defense when you're starting out, you can just build with dirt blocks or something around only the space your character occupies.

One new game mechanic that can be frustrating is that if you die too much in one place such as your spawn point, the gravestones will create a graveyard biome which spawns harder enemies and creates a mist effect. Interestingly there are a few things that can only be crafted in a graveyard biome. Mining the gravestones with the pickaxe destroys the biome. It used to be that the gravestones were just annoying. You can get rid of them from your inventory by dragging them to the trash can slot.

This is a good place to get started on the wiki: https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Getting_started

Quote:

Psi, have you ever tried Rimworld? It has a similiar look and feel and is one of my all time favorite games! You try to build shelter and survive on an alien planet. Super fun, but really need to read the Wiki before you start on that one too.

I have heard the name but did not know too much about it, will check it out. Another game I like that has a similar premise (survival on an alien planet by building stuff) is Factorio. Lots of conveyors and automation. Eventually you can research construction robots that build structures for you.

Later on in Terraria when you get the Mechanic and Steampunker NPCs you can buy gear to wire up some pretty complex mechanisms. There are even logic gates that you could make a simple computer from if you were really determined.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: psi] * 1
    #26857163 - 08/01/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I passed out early last night. I was all happy cuz it meant I would get up early.

Woke up at 3am. Too early.

Tried for hours to go back to sleep. Finally did. Woke up at 1pm. :shakefist:

This dumb weather bitch called Isaias a category 4 :facepalm: it's a cat 1 and will (probably) be a tropical storm by the time it gets here. Typical coast roller. Usually isn't too bad as long as they don't linger too long or do weird things like merge with other fronts.

We're looking at maybe 30mph winds and a little extra rainfall. Again assuming it doesn't stall or do real weird shit.

...I swear weather folk trying to make shit sound more serious than it is is exactly why people don't take actually potentially serious weather events seriously.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 2
    #26857171 - 08/01/20 12:01 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I saw once (I think it may of been a comedian, I forget) say they shouldnt call it by human names, they should call it like Hurricane Ultimate Killer and shit like that

I think I also read once that hurricanes with girls names get taken less seriously then ones with boys names

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: gopher] * 1
    #26857252 - 08/01/20 12:49 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I would slap anyone with that sort of bias after Maria and Irma. Sandy goes up there too but Sandy just had a weird path. Wasn't exactly a monster hurricane.

Maria and Irma were record breakers. Irma because of her size and Maria because of her strength. She killed 3000 people and devastated several nations.

Because of my family's connections to the power industry I have heard first hand accounts of people in Puerto Rico in the aftermath and it was nothing short of apocalyptic. It took almost an entire year to restore power because they (with alot of aid) had to basically rebuild the power grid. Of an entire country. The bitch was truly a monster.

And then of course there's Katrina.

Speaking of Katrina 3 of the top 10 strongest hurricanes recorded happened that same season. Wilma, Rita, Katrina.

So... yeah. Heavy slaps.  :bitchsmack:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: gopher] * 3
    #26857274 - 08/01/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gopher said:
I saw once (I think it may of been a comedian, I forget) say they shouldnt call it by human names, they should call it like Hurricane Ultimate Killer and shit like that

Hate when people do that with dogs. I know some people with a dog called Steven.

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: psi] * 3
    #26857290 - 08/01/20 01:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Me too.
In Finland some Swedish people giving dogs Finish names.
We used to be under Swedish flag and lots of slave shit.
This would be similar for white people giving Dog "n****r" to name.

edited word

--------------------
From tundra with love!

FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (08/01/20 03:43 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: psi] * 3
    #26857292 - 08/01/20 01:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I grew up with a pit bull named Kayla and she was a crazy bitch. She attacked a skateboarder and several other dogs. She chewed through a chain link fence. And a 2 inch thick wooden door. She scaled another 10 foot fence.

The dog literally did not feel pain and didn't give a fuck about anything when her instinct to be a fighter kicked in.

That dog made me realize why pits get a bad wrap.

Also knew a male pit named Bruno that was genuinely mentally handicapped. He was cross eyed and actually retarded. Never heard of him attacking another pet or person though he really did not understand boundaries and couldn't really be trained.

This is the current pit in my life. Samson the strong man. He's a big sweetheart.
(the tyedye/green thing on his right would be me, he really thinks he's a baby.)

My brother's dog. He is the one that had me considering getting a service dog cuz that pit strength and determination is pretty awesome when hiking. That dog has pulled me up more than a few hills and ravines.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26857298 - 08/01/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna stop rambling and make some food and decide what to get done today. :bye: yall be good

--------------------

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26857412 - 08/01/20 03:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
I would slap anyone with that sort of bias after Maria and Irma. Sandy goes up there too but Sandy just had a weird path. Wasn't exactly a monster hurricane.

Maria and Irma were record breakers. Irma because of her size and Maria because of her strength. She killed 3000 people and devastated several nations.

Because of my family's connections to the power industry I have heard first hand accounts of people in Puerto Rico in the aftermath and it was nothing short of apocalyptic. It took almost an entire year to restore power because they (with alot of aid) had to basically rebuild the power grid. Of an entire country. The bitch was truly a monster.

And then of course there's Katrina.

Speaking of Katrina 3 of the top 10 strongest hurricanes recorded happened that same season. Wilma, Rita, Katrina.

So... yeah. Heavy slaps.  :bitchsmack:

You'd think in somewhere like Puerto Rico it'd make sense to go full hobbit-style construction, it seems there's little point in building any structures that aren't near impervious to hurricanes, every 20-50 years there's going to be a big one.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 2
    #26857748 - 08/01/20 07:48 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LeningradCowboy said:
Me too.
In Finland some Swedish people giving dogs Finish names.
We used to be under Swedish flag and lots of slave shit.
This would be similar for white people giving Dog "n****r" to name.

edited word

Unfortunately My ex's granddad Named a dog the N word. They were pretty damn racist obviously. It was a black dog.:sad::scat:

@loph: Rimworld? LOL!

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 2
    #26857761 - 08/01/20 07:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I knew u get a kick out of "Rimworld" u dirty dawg :lol:

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #26857766 - 08/01/20 07:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I matched 3 numbers on my lottomax ticket, I think thats worth $5, I was hoping to get the 70M jackpot though, I only know like 30 people, i could give everyone I know 1 million dollars and still have more then enough to retire

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: gopher]
    #26857989 - 08/01/20 11:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

this weed smells of none other than go-gurt

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26858050 - 08/02/20 12:13 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

They should make a sex game called Rimworld! The point of the game is to pick up guys and gals, get them hot and heavy by seduction and getting power-ups, then build experience points to become the worlds best ass eater!!! I would play that game and I know all you guys would too!

I agree with not giving dogs and cats a human name usually. I did name my tortoise Carl though. I think that is different because he will be around for my whole life and I wanted him to have a respectable name.

Cannibinated, is that weed that you grew? I only have 4.25 plants going right now. 4 are in the ground and starting to bud. The 1/4 of a plant is potted and not doing fantastic. I have some pollen left so I might try to knock it up and make babies with it. My strains are Vanilla Frosting and Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Offlineno_one
Stranger

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26858101 - 08/02/20 01:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

How's everyone here doing tonight?

I'm doing awesome tonight because I had another very profitable day at work today. For the past two nights, I made $140 for about 3 hours of work each day. I'm very happy about it because I've never made that much from doordash alone before now. I think doordash is going to be main app going forward from now on.

Anyways, since I was in a good mood while working for the past couple of days, it gave for plenty of time to think about all of my problems with a clear head.

I doubt anyone here cares, but I'm never going to post the continuations to my post from a couple days ago. Giving that information to everyone here might have been helpful to me when I made the “I need advise” thread about three months ago, but it doesn't help me now. Also, I really shouldn't have posted the first part of it here in the first place because I already had my answer and that's something I posted here a few days before I made that post. “I spend to much of my time thinking, worrying or focusing on one thing. When I do that, I miss important things that I should be paying attention to, I miss the bigger picture.” I got depressed  because I thought I was incapable of changing and I was doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again, but that's not true. I was making the same mistakes again because I was spending to much of my time dwelling on things I can't change and not paying attention to the things I can do.

Here's a quote from one of my favorite visual novels, umineko. “Humans are pitiful beings, walking forward their backs to the future gazing at the past. This is why they fail to notice the simplest pitfalls and stumble tragically and comically.”

This is what I've been doing for a while now without realizing it. I really hate all of my actions I took with her over the past three months, but I can't change the past no matter how hard I try. If I continue to look towards the past instead of looking towards the future, I'll keep felling into the same traps over and over again without knowing why. It's time for me to stop walking forward gazing at the past and start walking forward gazing at the future. In order to do that, I need to do something I should've done a long time ago. I pushed things off long enough, its time for me face the consequences of my actions. It was wrong of me to even consider the possibility of just running away and pretending the past three months never happened. I'll start by just returning there later today to let them know I'm back. Then I'll apologize to each one of them throughout the week, ending with her. If I make another post writing about how I pushed things off again, I want everyone that reads that post to rate me 1 shroom. Don't worry, I'll be completely honest with everyone here.

Edited by no_one (08/02/20 02:17 AM)

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: no_one]
    #26858167 - 08/02/20 04:49 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Is it really that I cannot use n Word even when speaking about racist actions?

Or propaganda?

--------------------
From tundra with love!

FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 2
    #26858171 - 08/02/20 04:58 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You can use in direct quotes of other people. Or yourself if you’re a racist. It’s kinda a loophole.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #26858496 - 08/02/20 09:33 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LeningradCowboy said:
Is it really that I cannot use n Word even when speaking about racist actions?

Or propaganda?

Racist actions? What does that have to do with being racist yourself? Are you saying you're not racist if you're being racist to a racist? That's exactly what you're implying anyway. All that does is prove you don't understand the gravity of the situation.

Even in the black community a lot of people don't use or even dispise the word. Then among those that allow its usage understand the difference between the culture and the history. It doesn't matter if you're black, I guarantee you plenty black dude have been shot for adding an -ER to the end of that to talk some shit. It's a given slave title. Their descendants found a way to change it slightly in to a term of indearment for those who'd understand. It's like a meme stating their independence. And you're not black so you wouldn't really understand. The only way you understand is because others felt a way about their grandma having a fucked up childhood. That's not the same at all. Me calling you whitey is funny, someone else of another colour means a different thing. I'm not going to call a native "red skin" but I bet some of them do to eachother just to piss around. It's the way things are, just like how families have in-jokes and personal history. Not being racist is about embracing your differences.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #26858509 - 08/02/20 09:41 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

I grew up with a pit bull named Kayla and she was a crazy bitch. She attacked a skateboarder and several other dogs. She chewed through a chain link fence. And a 2 inch thick wooden door. She scaled another 10 foot fence.

The dog literally did not feel pain and didn't give a fuck about anything when her instinct to be a fighter kicked in.

My sister and her boyfriend just adopted a pit that is a fucking beast. Like this thing is built like a tank. Or an NFL linebacker or some shit. She is big, too. Like 65 pounds of pure lean muscle.

I had to watch her one night when my sister and her guy went out of town and there was definitely an intimidating factor about that dog, even though she seemed sweet enough. Would hate to see her mad, though. Yikes.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order