Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26855696 - 07/31/20 05:12 PM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Yeah I watched this once, and yeah it was utterly horrifying. It's one of those things you can never unsee and the images get burned into your brain forever.

Dude the look on their faces... fighting with all your might to get out, with people behind you pushing to get out, and none of them could move. I'm sure thinking about it is going to fuck with me for a while.

I'm reading about it right now. The place was so small, with so many people in such a tight space, and the blaze engulfed the venue with such ferocious intensity and speed. Combine that with the raw panic and it was a perfect recipe for absolute tragic disaster.

One second they were having a blast and just minutes later a hundred were dead. With scores of others permanently burned and emotionally scarred for life.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: koods] * 2
    #26855697 - 07/31/20 05:12 PM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

:lol:

That's pretty fucked up considering I recently had to put my dog to sleep, but you don't really care do you?

You have to win.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26855703 - 07/31/20 05:15 PM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

I’m sorry about your dog. Didn’t know. But imagine people started to believe that because another poster repeatedly made that claim.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Edited by koods (07/31/20 05:16 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: koods] * 2
    #26855710 - 07/31/20 05:21 PM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

Like I said I understand you wanting to defend your rep and I probably shouldn't have made my initial reply the way I did.

Honestly what I should have said is I don't want stupid drama in a completely unrelated thread, here's more organized ways of dealing with it.

Should have stuck to that. I'm sorry.

Cowboy I will look out for your PM.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: koods]
    #26855714 - 07/31/20 05:24 PM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

. [Mod edit: Let's drop it here, okay?]

--------------------
From tundra with love!

Edited by CookieCrumbs (07/31/20 05:31 PM)

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #26855720 - 07/31/20 05:27 PM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

will pm you.
No more of this from me in here.

--------------------
From tundra with love!

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 2
    #26855766 - 07/31/20 06:07 PM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

Thanks.

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Yeah I watched this once, and yeah it was utterly horrifying. It's one of those things you can never unsee and the images get burned into your brain forever.

Dude the look on their faces... fighting with all your might to get out, with people behind you pushing to get out, and none of them could move. I'm sure thinking about it is going to fuck with me for a while.

I'm reading about it right now. The place was so small, with so many people in such a tight space, and the blaze engulfed the venue with such ferocious intensity and speed. Combine that with the raw panic and it was a perfect recipe for absolute tragic disaster.

One second they were having a blast and just minutes later a hundred were dead. With scores of others permanently burned and emotionally scarred for life.

Yeah man that's the part I really find crazy. How fast it all happened. Yet it must have felt like an eternity to the people who were trapped.

Though many died quicker. Those close enough to the initial fire, some kind of foam in the ceiling, died within a few breaths. The fumes were that noxious from the burning stage.

Speaking of Meat... and fire I guess. I had him cremated and received his ashes today. I think I'm going to take some with my dad and spread his ashes over the bay where they often took him to frolic with his dog buddies.

For my part I think I'm going to put him to rest at the first place we camped together after I had busted up my legs where I convinced his big butt to walk by making him think we were hunting deer. He was so excited to be a dog and be doing dog things with his mom.

Schipperkes are ship dogs. Bred to guard and companion ships. Not strong walkers.

Not strong swimmers for that matter. Meat would get in the water and literally just float. Shit looked so funny. All his blubber would pool around him as he half ass paddled.

I would feel weird about keeping the ashes. When you bury someone you don't bury them in your house...
I don't want to keep that around and start associating a vial or an urn as him as opposed to all the fond memories I have.
I think it better if I took him on one last adventure.

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #26855770 - 07/31/20 06:10 PM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

Though many died quicker. Those close enough to the initial fire, some kind of foam in the ceiling, died within a few breaths. The fumes were that noxious from the burning stage.

that is wild

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

Speaking of Meat... and fire I guess. I had him cremated and received his ashes today. I think I'm going to take some with my dad and spread his ashes over the bay where they often took him to frolic with his dog buddies.

For my part I think I'm going to put him to rest at the first place we camped together after I had busted up my legs where I convinced his big butt to walk by making him think we were hunting deer. He was so excited to be a dog and be doing dog things with his mom.

awwww :hug:

I love this so much.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2020
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Mid Dank Challenges (MDC) [Re: koods]
    #26855828 - 07/31/20 06:52 PM (8 days, 3 hours ago)

Its Super Squirrel, Here to Save the Day!!!

Quote:

koods said:

Thanks for the kind words Larry. I try (and do) keep it positive :awesomenod:

Did some yard labor today clipping blackberry bushes at a married couples house. Felt good to do some work and mix my day up a bit. Returning tomorrow morning to finish the rest. Gonna get a cooool Hundred bucks for it :awesome:

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 was so funny. Im glad I drank three Shock Top beers with a pre-game bong rip during the movie :lol:

Not sure what Im doing for the weekend yet....

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Niffla] * 2
    #26855832 - 07/31/20 06:54 PM (8 days, 3 hours ago)

btw a few more notes on that fire

- Among those who died in the fire were Great White's lead guitarist, Ty Longley, and the show's emcee, WHJY DJ Mike "The Doctor" Gonsalves. There is reason to believe that Longley and Gonsalves tried to salvage equipment during the early stage of the fire and lost valuable time to escape before dense, toxic smoke made breathing near impossible at zero visibility. Longley is believed to have initially made it out of the building but then re-entered in an attempt to rescue his guitar.

- A number of survivors later stated that a bouncer stopped people trying to escape via the stage exit, stating that the door was "for the band only.

- The fire, from its inception, was caught on videotape by cameraman Brian Butler (the video Cookie is alluding to) for WPRI-TV of Providence, and the beginning of that tape was released to national news stations. Butler was there for a planned piece on nightclub safety.

- The venue didn't have fire sprinkler system.

- Great White band manager  Daniel Michael Biechele was sentenced to 15 years (but only had to serve 4)

- Club owners Michael Derderian and Jeffrey Derderian received similar sentences.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Niffla] * 5
    #26855845 - 07/31/20 06:58 PM (8 days, 3 hours ago)

Watching Sons of Anarchy and having a grape Fanta.

:borat:

--------------------
BAN OP 2020

Invisiblewatermelon mon
Willow Trees
 User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: koods] * 4
    #26855898 - 07/31/20 07:24 PM (8 days, 3 hours ago)

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Niffla] * 2
    #26856004 - 07/31/20 08:36 PM (8 days, 1 hour ago)

See I could never hate someone that chills with squirrels.

@niffla yeah from what I understand while the improved regulations were good the only thing that was really needed to prevent the tragedy was for those in charge to have adhered to the existing regulations.

I think that's the main thing that scares me. All you need is a little bit of negligence.

Respect the band manager for owning up to his responsibility and immediately pleading guilty though. Against the advice of his lawyer That guy genuinely felt remorse.

One girl survived when her boyfriend and his friend picked her up and threw her over the crowd of people stuck in the doorway.

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26856013 - 07/31/20 08:42 PM (8 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

Respect the band manager for owning up to his responsibility and immediately pleading guilty though. Against the advice of his lawyer That guy genuinely felt remorse.

absolutely

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #26856015 - 07/31/20 08:43 PM (8 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

One girl survived when her boyfriend and his friend picked her up and threw her over the crowd of people stuck in the doorway.

what an incredibly heroic action by those two

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: LeningradCowboy] * 2
    #26856105 - 07/31/20 09:45 PM (8 days, 41 minutes ago)

Hi dudes!!! Done with work for today. Now I have some office work to do and then might play video games and do more painting. Tonight I will start the new Doom game!!! It's Friday, not TGIF though, because I'm working Saturday and Sunday. If I get out early on Sunday then I might hit the beach and get a dungeoness crab cake sandwich!!!!

Quote:

LeningradCowboy said:
Thinking of saying goodbye to shroomery.
I dont see fairnes how mods handle situations.

Dont want to be part of community where your social status determinates what you can say without problems.

Most of the Mod choices on this site are pretty horrible. The Mods should be held to higher standards and obey the rules since they are the ones enforcing them, but some of the worst offences I have seen on the site are from Mods. The Mods are like the cops though. When one of them does something wrong they usually back them up and don't stand up for the person who is doing the right thing. Happened to me not too long ago. Thankfully Asante judged the situation the right way and unbanned me. Unfortunately the Mod who committed the offense is still around and will never learn to be decent because they're protected and go on without punishment, like the cops who break the law and then get suspension with pay. They never learn their lesson.

I don't care that much except it does ruin the community and runs off the good people who have something interesting to say and contribute. There is a reason the community isn't what it once was. The community might be better off if there was a way to vote off the unwanted Mods. Something as simple as a poll where if they get 100 votes to be fired then they get fired.

--------------------
If You're Going Through Hell,
KEEP GOING!

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26856115 - 07/31/20 09:50 PM (8 days, 36 minutes ago)

--------------------
From tundra with love!

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #26856123 - 07/31/20 09:55 PM (8 days, 31 minutes ago)

There was a back door behind the stage but a security guard refused to allow people to use it because it was “for the band.” In the video, the cameraman goes around back and the door is open and relatively free of fire.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26856154 - 07/31/20 10:05 PM (8 days, 21 minutes ago)

Don't know if you saw my reply to your Terraria post Loph.

Quote:

psi said:
Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
I tried Terraria and it seemed pretty hard. I think I need to read some instructions before I really get into that game. I might just go back to Dragon Quest or might start the new Doom game. I got them both really cheap during the summer sale.

Terraria is one of my favorite games. There is a whole wiki on it (well two, but one is official). In Journey Mode (new in the final major update that came out this year) you start off with a bit better gear including a summoning weapon. I think they added it because of the frustration you describe. The sword you get in the start otherwise is pretty much totally useless. You need to build a shelter in order not to be killed all night. L like to put that raised up from the ground with wood platforms to get up to it.

If a house meets certain requirements (sufficient size, placed background wall, table and chair or equivalents, a light source) a NPC can move into it. Some are more useful than others.

--------------------
BAN OP 2020

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Esoteric Musings of Carcosa | EMC/MDC/LNC | Part 2 Electric Boogaloo [Re: psi] * 1
    #26856460 - 08/01/20 01:31 AM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

Awesome! I'll have to read up for sure and then give it another go. I eventually figured out how to slash people with the sword when I was playing, but then it didn't do anything and I tried to build, but couldn't figure it out because I kept getting killed, I guess it was night time.

Psi, have you ever tried Rimworld? It has a similiar look and feel and is one of my all time favorite games! You try to build shelter and survive on an alien planet. Super fun, but really need to read the Wiki before you start on that one too.

--------------------
If You're Going Through Hell,
KEEP GOING!

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Community >> The Pub