Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
Using a black flourescent light on terrarium
    #2676988 - 05/14/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

We're growing some shrooms using the PF Tek, and things are coming along very well. The book mentions that indirect light can be introduced to the terrarium. Our growing room is a closet; and instead of leaving the closet light on, I put a flourescent black light in the closet as something to try as a low light level, but with enough UV that I might be theoretically be mimicking nature. I have not read any posts on these boards about using a black light, so I wanted to post my results here.

I don't know how long it takes for mushrooms to grow off a PF cake in an average dual chamber terrarium, but mine grew big and long in just a few quick days. I harvested a batch this morning, and was surprised at how quickly they all grew since yesterday (Equadorians, from Spore Source). Just about two days ago, they were all short and fat, and today they were all over six inches long and had opened up.

Is this normal? As I mentioned, I have never read about using a black light in the growing room. I recommend someone trying it in case my results were unusual.

Great site, btw!

timeslip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Using a black flourescent light on terrarium [Re: timeslip]
    #2677477 - 05/14/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting as for black lights usually cause mutants there are thousands of post why not to use black light on this board. Glad you didnt have any problems :smile:

--------------------

Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
Re: Using a black flourescent light on terrarium [Re: FallenShroom]
    #2677636 - 05/14/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the links to past posts about light experiments. I'm convinced. After I type these words, I'm heading upstairs to unplug that black light.

Didn't see any mutations, though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds