Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Next > | Last >
OfflineLunatikPenguin
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #26756708 - 06/19/20 08:49 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I did agar to grain on some jars almost two weeks ago. I definitely am seeing some decent growth in most, but this one jar has several of these small fuzzy looking spots. Are the small fuzzy spots just fuzzy myc or do they look like contam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: LunatikPenguin]
    #26757004 - 06/19/20 10:41 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

These are AA  Jars.  I’ve never seen mycellium grow like this.  I thought maybe its just the way this particular cube colonizes but would appreciate your input.

I’ve also just started working with AGAR and wondering whether this is pink mold. 

Thanks for the help.

--------------------
There is a better way.  Finding the way — well that's the journey:mushroom2:

OfflineruK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: butterflyaway]
    #26757166 - 06/19/20 11:44 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Should I be worried at all about this yellowing? Metabolite?

I can't tell if the myc just pulled up some color from the hpoo/verm/coir/gypsum sub or if there's something else going on? Any input is appreciated.

Offlinemigrant mutant
Stranger
Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26757478 - 06/19/20 01:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for the answer!

What are the ways to gauge humidity? This is a shotgun fruiting chamber, with holes about 5cm/2" apart vertically and horizontally on each side (except bottom), and with a fan on the middle of the lid that turns on 2x15 minutes daily. There is no visible condensation on the sides, and I poured distilled water in it after the first harvest, that was soaked up by the substrate in about a day completely.

I twisted them out for the second flush, and it didn't remove too much substrate/mycelium, so I'll stick with it instead of cutting. Thanks for the tip.

Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc

Loc: The Microwave Flag
    #26758708 - 06/19/20 10:33 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LunatikPenguin said:
I did agar to grain on some jars almost two weeks ago. I definitely am seeing some decent growth in most, but this one jar has several of these small fuzzy looking spots. Are the small fuzzy spots just fuzzy myc or do they look like contam?

Looks like healthy myc popping through to me, likely from when you shook the jars if you did.

--------------------

Lapin Blanc

#26758713 - 06/19/20 10:35 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

butterflyaway said:
These are AA  Jars.  I’ve never seen mycellium grow like this.  I thought maybe its just the way this particular cube colonizes but would appreciate your input.

I’ve also just started working with AGAR and wondering whether this is pink mold. 

Thanks for the help.

We've not done BRF, but to me it just looks like solid healthy myc. As for the plates, I'm not sure what it is you're refering to regarding lipstick mold, but they seem to be doing just fine. All that solid white leading out from the transfer is myc.

--------------------

Offlineaga080
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination *DELETED* [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26758729 - 06/19/20 10:50 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by aga080

Reason for deletion: delete

Lapin Blanc

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: aga080]
    #26759474 - 06/20/20 09:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

aga080 said:
yikes..had to travel for a week and came back to all of my shoeboxes having some level of this going on...obviously a bacterial contam correct? trash all the shoeboxes?

No, plant them outdoors or just take them outside to fruit, to keep from spreading it, but the casings may still put off a few good fruits.

Next time I recommend a liner, like a clear trashbag. It'll keep that moisture buildup on the edges from stay and it can run off to an extent. try to dry that spot out a bit and see if it spreads. It's the same color as metabolites, which is fine, but the fact that it's dark and just in that one spot, makes us think bacterial.

--------------------

OfflineLunatikPenguin
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26759567 - 06/20/20 10:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

LunatikPenguin said:

Looks like healthy myc popping through to me, likely from when you shook the jars if you did.

I was hoping so - hadn't shaked yet, although I did kind of roll the jar a bit as the one wedge of agar was stuck to the glass haha.

Thanks for your reply!

InvisibleCulliganman360
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26760001 - 06/20/20 02:24 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Noticed signs of contams a few days ago so I left it outside ....
Looks like it got nuked

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26775947 - 06/23/20 05:54 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

F. 3 said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

I typically recommend twisting your fruits out, over cutting if you are concerned about contams though, because leaving the stump behind can give grounds for them to attack.

I was thinking a bout this quite some time now, many growers tend to cut them at substrate level, I did too on my grows.
I would like to see a vid.
there are some pretty heavy clusters some times and it holds alot underneat itself.

There are two camps on this for sure. I know a lot of guys get away fine with cutting and I get why, but I've been able to successfully remove 105g clusters from a surface with the twist and pull in the first flush and still had 4 flushes off the cake. As long as you're gentle enough, there isn't much risk in pulling up the sub. It's not the prettiest to look at after, but still does it's job. I know that I'm losing up to 10% of my overall fruits though when cutting, because a lot of times the stump sits in deep to the sub and will only come away with uprooting.

I guess it just depends how much of it you want to keep and how much your willing to leave behind, but in some cases the stump will start to rot after a few days and can lead to contam, though that won't always be the case.

The cluster on the scale in this photo was pulled solid and cleaned up. I believe that one was just shy of 110g wet. It left a good size crater in the sub, but the hole recolonized and fruited a second time all around the rim.

Edit: Despite the good amount of sub pulled with every fruit, like you see there, the subs in question still put out 4 flushes, totaling 10.5oz dry weight, from about 20L of 1:1 sub/spawn.

thanks man, I always have thought about that.
it always happened that I pulled out some, others cut down depending on how the grow is situated on  the sub. just needed confirmation that is a wise thing to do.
:mushroom2:

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
    #26775952 - 06/23/20 06:00 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Culliganman360 said:
Noticed signs of contams a few days ago so I left it outside ....
Looks like it got nuked

looks like myc overtook. cant see the exact color of what is growing.

Quote:

butterflyaway said:

Thanks for the help.

looks nice:thumbup:

OfflineHomi3
NOOB
Male User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3]
    #26777924 - 06/23/20 09:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This is my first real post at least with a pic. I've been lurking a min and have what I think is a cool thrown together setup.

Anyway what is wrong with the tub that's all white on top second and 3rd pic. Why am I just getting side pins only and nothing on top?

On the first pic it's same tub. Does it have trich?

--------------------
Trying my hand at this cultivating thing.
Thank you so much to this community for the good reads and teks to follow.

Edited by Homi3 (06/23/20 09:46 PM)

Offlinesl3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Homi3]
    #26780383 - 06/24/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible to recover from this?  I believe it is bacillus, according to the pics in the post...  It’s pretty obvious looking at the bottom of two of my bags, and it’s questionable in the other two-although those have some rather dry/loose grains that don’t seem to be colonizing. 

I realize that my temperature may have contributed, since it has been higher than the room’s temperature, resulting in quite a bit of condensation.  I keep seeing 75 degrees F as a good temperature and I tried keeping it there by using a heating mat. 

I’d love to salvage what I can-this is my first time and I’ve been diligently reading non-stop.

I did read earlier that someone boiled/cooled water and injected to address the dry/uncolonized grains, while also reading that contamination can result in the dryness.  Perhaps this is common with Bacillus?

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: sl3]
    #26781467 - 06/25/20 08:10 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Homi3 said:

This is my first real post at least with a pic. I've been lurking a min and have what I think is a cool thrown together setup.

Anyway what is wrong with the tub that's all white on top second and 3rd pic. Why am I just getting side pins only and nothing on top?

On the first pic it's same tub. Does it have trich?

All the tubs are okay, cant spot any contaminants.
I can see some coloring on the sub but pics too small to see exactly whats going on.
the second (white looking) tub looks a bit dry, flaking pin tops show that but you can see things are knotting up on top of sub, no stress dude.
how often do you mist?

Quote:

sl3 said:
Is it possible to recover from this?  I believe it is bacillus, according to the pics in the post...  It’s pretty obvious looking at the bottom of two of my bags, and it’s questionable in the other two-although those have some rather dry/loose grains that don’t seem to be colonizing. 

I realize that my temperature may have contributed, since it has been higher than the room’s temperature, resulting in quite a bit of condensation.  I keep seeing 75 degrees F as a good temperature and I tried keeping it there by using a heating mat. 

I’d love to salvage what I can-this is my first time and I’ve been diligently reading non-stop.

I did read earlier that someone boiled/cooled water and injected to address the dry/uncolonized grains, while also reading that contamination can result in the dryness.  Perhaps this is common with Bacillus?

Not good, I would plant it somewhere outside in a shaded area, it is halfway done you just might get something out of it.
I have not heard about water injection but in your case its no use.
cant see the other bags cant say whats in there, film it properly or rather take some pics for better investigation.

all you need is practice in technique, all teks work, what doesn't is poor execution.

Edited by F. 3 (06/25/20 09:18 AM)

OfflineHomi3
NOOB
Male User Gallery

#26781612 - 06/25/20 09:15 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for responses I just pulled a couple from that tub with the second pic. I'm pretty sure I didn't close the lid all the way and it got way too dry on top. (From everything I've read). Is there a way to get that tip to pin after I get the first flush pulled all the way.

--------------------
Trying my hand at this cultivating thing.
Thank you so much to this community for the good reads and teks to follow.

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Homi3]
    #26781628 - 06/25/20 09:21 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Homi3 said:
Thank you for responses I just pulled a couple from that tub with the second pic. I'm pretty sure I didn't close the lid all the way and it got way too dry on top. (From everything I've read). Is there a way to get that tip to pin after I get the first flush pulled all the way.

What did you pull out?
Its okay to leave the lid cracked, just keep an eye on it.

Offlinesl3
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26782220 - 06/25/20 02:06 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

1 & 2 definitely seem to be affected and have only colonized a 20-40%
3 & 4 seem less affected by bacillus but have the uncolonized grains that seem very loose and dry- the mycelium on 3 & 4 seem healthy and looking to continue growth-(about 80%)I’m willing to inject distilled water if anyone can possibly confirm this approach.  If I can salvage 3 & 4, I’m all ears! 🤞🏼

Thanks guys

Offlinego.nadz
Friendly Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Narnia
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26782309 - 06/25/20 02:52 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hello,

Two things, I'm worried about contamination but I'm also worried I took out of bag and put in fruiting conditions too early.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Nadz

--------------------
:heart:

Offlinesl3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: go.nadz]
    #26782321 - 06/25/20 02:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I think we both may have some Plan B outdoor operations from the looks of it! :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck