Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineOne of Us
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: gizmo1]
    #26757216 - 06/19/20 12:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure which variant I have... I got it in a giveaway back in October or November. It was from mr.nelson/el peligroso, who is apparently the keeper of the melmac lineage

--------------------
LAGM 2021
LAGM 2020
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLikeMyc
Microscopicologist
Male
Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: One of Us]
    #26758701 - 06/19/20 10:24 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Pics from elPeligroso5150. Huge.
Looks like they are OG?

Quote:

elPeligroso 5150 said:
Quote:

gizmo1 said:
Quote:

SunnyDayze said:
Quote:

mr.nelsonmtman said:
Some first flush MelMak.

:tellmeastory:

I like you use name

It's one of my favs at the moment. Anybody lucky enough to come across the PE OG lineage should absolutely snag a swab or two. I usually have them.

Edited by LikeMyc (06/19/20 10:32 PM)

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Loc: FREEDOM Flag
    #26758848 - 06/20/20 12:40 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

One of Us said:
I'm not sure which variant I have... I got it in a giveaway back in October or November. It was from mr.nelson/el peligroso, who is apparently the keeper of the melmac lineage

Man I swear I think I may have got my swab from the exact same place you did.
Don't really remember. In the giveaway was cronicr mentioned? Was supposed to be a numbers game but so few joined that he gave us all one.

It would be nice to know more about the original genetics I wonder was it revived from spore print, swab or syringe.
I really feel like I shouldn't be able to print these. I have however seen enough to believe what I got was real melmac and not a trick but idk.
These kinda got me in my feelings lmao. Huge AF with occasional helmet head and a couple wrinkled fruits. For a clone I feel like I shouldn't be seeing this much genetic diversity. It was however untested and could have just been weird genetics I ended up with.
I will start again from spores and see what happens.
All I know is the swab I got was bacterial AF and it's a miracle I ended up with fruits at all. I couldn't get it clean so I put it to grain.
I had a single fruit in a tub that was bacterial AF cloned it to get a clean culture every step before and after has been just as difficult it's a complete miracle I made it this far just to be let down.
I shall try again from spore if I'm let down again I'm just not messing with it anymore.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

OfflineOne of Us
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26759429 - 06/20/20 09:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, that is the exact giveaway I received my swab in. I guess I must've really lucked out because these, along with Avery's Albino and ps. Cyan, were the first spores I ever put to agar. It was really straightforward for me with no hiccups.

APE, on the other hand is giving me huge problems currently. Been wrestling with it for about a month and a half now. Right when I thought I finally got clean myc, a small satellite of sporulating mold showed up... I'm still gonna try to clean it as it is my last hope.

--------------------
LAGM 2021
LAGM 2020
Trade List

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

#26759664 - 06/20/20 11:22 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

One of Us said:
Yes, that is the exact giveaway I received my swab in. I guess I must've really lucked out because these, along with Avery's Albino and ps. Cyan, were the first spores I ever put to agar. It was really straightforward for me with no hiccups.

APE, on the other hand is giving me huge problems currently. Been wrestling with it for about a month and a half now. Right when I thought I finally got clean myc, a small satellite of sporulating mold showed up... I'm still gonna try to clean it as it is my last hope.

Really? You've been around for a good amount of time I figured agar was second nature to you by now lmao. Not talking shit at all was just saying but glad you're first run went well.

So we got the same genetics and mine came out regular yours came out like it should lmao weird. Maybe I just suck at growing. I really think I just got unlucky when I cloned that single fruit hopefully when I return to spores I see what I'm looking for.

APE can be a little bit of a pain I'm thinking. I have a culture that is supposedly very clean on agar and pins like crazy on plates. Put it to grain and it acts all weird and gets slow and sketchy. AKA finally got this culture to fruit but I'm still trying on mine lmao.

Anyone know where I can read up on the revival of homestead PE? Most of what I read was just talking about how old it was and where it came from.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

InvisibleAnastomosis
Stranger

#26759708 - 06/20/20 11:47 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

APE is always just like you described. Fast and vigorous on agar. Slow on grain and when spawned. Well worth the hassle though.

--------------------
"120mph with a trailer full of dogs and a truck full of drug addicts."

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: Anastomosis]
    #26759723 - 06/20/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Speaking of that ape culture. Took around three weeks to pin but I did case it which seemed to prolong things for some reason.

I was a little worried at first cuz there were like two weird pins but now it seems to be filling out.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

#26759736 - 06/20/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Anastomosis said:
APE is always just like you described. Fast and vigorous on agar. Slow on grain and when spawned. Well worth the hassle though.

It's not the speed that gets me it's that anytime it's on grain it immediately starts looking bacterial AF. Like if I saw it I would never 2nd guess it being bacterial. Other cultures on the same batch of grain will look great while it just looks sketchy. I have done alot of extra transfers to make sure it's clean have cloned from plate pins in an attemt to leave bad stuff behind and also posted pics to get confirmation that it's clean. Also I got it from a TC who I trust I don't think they would have sent me a dirty culture to begin with. It just acts weird AF.
However this thread is about melmac. I will try to refrain from derailing it with talk of APE.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: Buddaking]
    #26760065 - 06/20/20 02:55 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Buddaking said:
Willing to bet a few get close to 1/4 lb cracker dry from a single bag & 1 micology quart spawn.

Are those bags 1:2?

InvisibleBuddaking
Genetics
Male User Gallery

Loc: No Mans Land
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #26762638 - 06/21/20 10:05 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Been in my own little world lately..
Easily done when .5 sends ya to the moon.

I spawn out at about a 1 to 2.75 ratio.
None hit a QP dry but quite a few blew past 100g dry in 2 flushes. Honestly the substrate was basically sawdust & had little to give past the 1st flush on The TP. The 118 hit a a little softer on the 1st go round & picked up all slack & was dusted after the 2nd flush.

Got another round on grain of the 118 & The TP in masters to expand soon so more to come. I scraped the OG project as I found the yeild less than impressive & the fruit quite brittle with all hallow stems. Did not even find anything worth cloning honestly. Got a few swabs & might revisit it once time allows.

--------------------

AMU Q & A

InvisibleBuddaking
Genetics
Male User Gallery

Loc: No Mans Land
Trusted Cultivator
    #26762681 - 06/21/20 10:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Looked at my notes.. 1 to 3 spawn ratio actually.

5 FULL quarts spawn in a Unicorn 3T
95% Wheat 5 % Millet

To

Basic bucket tek @ 150%

1000 grams dry coco
300  grams dry verm
6 quarts hot water from my hot water heater cranked all the way up

Mix it all up in a cheap concrete mixer & devide it between 6 Unicorn XLS-A grow bags with tops rolled to just above the filter & paper clipped at the top.

--------------------

AMU Q & A

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26763056 - 06/21/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

:pipesmoke2:

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

#26763122 - 06/21/20 01:38 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I think quart is usually quart measurement  unless you say myco quart.
Have a double standard for quarts does suck though.

This is my last tub I'll run from this culture of not so melmac. I put spores to dish today to start fresh.

Hopefully the new ones are more penisy.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26764150 - 06/21/20 04:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That is certainly disappointing. I've got some tubs and a few bags going, hopefully they're gtg.

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

#26774914 - 06/22/20 05:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Swabbed some gills a broke rhe swabs off in some fresh grain jars.
Also swiped spores to 2 plates.

Got some weird ass stems on a couple fruits???

Cloned a cluster and printed a few caps.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

InvisibleAnastomosis
Stranger

#26775228 - 06/22/20 07:27 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gizmo1 said:

Swabbed some gills a broke rhe swabs off in some fresh grain jars.
Also swiped spores to 2 plates.

Got some weird ass stems on a couple fruits???

Cloned a cluster and printed a few caps.

Did you have others from the same spores that looked like pe?
I've had random pe look like that, but never a full tub.

--------------------
"120mph with a trailer full of dogs and a truck full of drug addicts."

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Trusted Cultivator
    #26775276 - 06/22/20 07:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Y'all are bringin' me down. Hope mine don't end up some quasi stuff that may as well be GT.

--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:

I'm a fungal white supremacist.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: Smartattack]
    #26775281 - 06/22/20 07:54 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I have two tubs about to pin, I feel ya on that.

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

#26775294 - 06/22/20 08:00 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Did you have others from the same spores that looked like pe?
I've had random pe look like that, but never a full tub.

Not on this tub no but I did on a few of the others. Idk if it's melmac that has weird genetics or just this clone in particular, but I do know there is alot of genetic variation here especially for a clone. It was a untested clone from a abort on a very bacterial tub. Starting fresh to see if maybe it was just unlucky clone.

Aka had similar results from MS grow but then had PE pheno after he cloned from the MS fruits.

One Of Us got giant PE fruits from his first grow and we got the same spores from the same giveaway.

I'm thinking I just got unlucky but I will keep updating in this thread of that's ok with everyone.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Re: Melmak / Homestead Only [Re: Smartattack]
    #26775310 - 06/22/20 08:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
Y'all are bringin' me down. Hope mine don't end up some quasi stuff that may as well be GT.

:nono:
You got this bro you too P9.
The gentics are there I just had to narrow it down unfortunately to get a clean culture I almost lost the culture altogether and ended up with a shit clone. I'll get real Melmac PE if it's the last thing I do lmao. Also I will say even though these are regular looking fruits they do have some legendary potency.

--------------------
Trade List
πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
6 hole Mini Monos

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds