Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSpicy
Symbiont

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: TheEschatologist]
    #26716922 - 06/03/20 02:03 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If you’re in close quarters for lockdown you can also order extract on fleabay. DIY is cheaper but I don’t always have the time and it’s not too steep.

--------------------
Everything has beauty, not everyone sees it.
Perfection is subjective!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Spicy] * 1
    #26716929 - 06/03/20 02:08 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah sure, pure harmalas are legal in most places, and easily to find online. :thumbup:

-

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Amanita86]
    #26718917 - 06/04/20 11:17 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
I didn’t use any acid, just poured a strong solution of sodium carbonate and everything fell out.  Then I would use acid/vinegar when I would dissolve the freebase to do a manske.

I would pour a splash of vinegar into the water when I originally boiled the seeds though but once you have it boiled and filtered you can go straight to basing it.

Ok this is good to know, many thanks. I'll probs just go the straight lye route in that case.

Quote:

Spicy said:
If you’re in close quarters for lockdown you can also order extract on fleabay. DIY is cheaper but I don’t always have the time and it’s not too steep.

Maybe I just have bad luck, but the last time I tried to order extract off ebay it didn't even make it out of the states :sad: They probably thought it was some kind of drug

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: TheEschatologist]
    #26718934 - 06/04/20 11:25 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Where are you located? There are shroomery sponsor vendors selling pure harmalas to the EU /US / UK, almost worldwide.

-

Edited by Pandemoon (06/04/20 11:25 AM)

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Pandemoon] * 1
    #26719112 - 06/04/20 12:38 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

South Africa :nyan:

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

#26719133 - 06/04/20 12:50 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Sadly the vendor I have in mind doesn't ship to South Africa.

-

OfflineSpicy
Symbiont

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Pandemoon]
    #26719259 - 06/04/20 01:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Apologies to sponsors we love and are thankful for.

Definitely should always check there first!

I don’t know why I didn’t think of it for Harmalas, thanks Pandemoon

--------------------
Everything has beauty, not everyone sees it.
Perfection is subjective!

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Pandemoon]
    #26719276 - 06/04/20 01:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Sadly the vendor I have in mind doesn't ship to South Africa.
-

Well damn, that's a pity :thumbdown:

I'll have to ship them to myself from my kitchen it seems

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26719943 - 06/04/20 06:27 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It may just be that I’m a nerd but I thought making it was pretty fun especially if you do the manske and grow out those crystals.  That sort of thing I just like doing to see it happen..:shrug:

For the record you probably saw you can use sodium carbonate instead of lye and keep it ‘food safe’.  I’ve done it both ways and with the carbonate it takes a little more volume.  Lye I think works better though, but they both get the job done.

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Where are you located? There are shroomery sponsor vendors selling pure harmalas to the EU /US / UK, almost worldwide.

-

Which vendors have extract?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #26719981 - 06/04/20 06:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Avalon Magic Plants. In the ayahuasca section.

-

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Pandemoon] * 2
    #26720009 - 06/04/20 07:04 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Geez.  The seeds are legal.  The extraction is fairly straightforward.  Here's some peganum harmala ("Syrian rue") seeds in the process of being extracted under blacklight demonstrating the harmalas in solution, followed by the pure, final harmala citrate product.  The procedure is set forth at the Nexus.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: Nature Boy]
    #26720946 - 06/05/20 05:11 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

First post, after a while of lurking lol

I definitely vote for extraction, the whole process is fairly straightforward though you do need to do plenty of waiting when things boil, settle or are being filtered. I got about a total of 7 grams of alkaloids out of 100 grams of seeds, using a method I found at dmt-nexus. There was just over 5 grams from the main procedures and almost 2 grams from all the "leftovers" from the main procedures, I was surprised there was that much left in all the collected rinse liquids etc.

The powder that was left in the end has very mild taste compared to tea made out of the seeds, and the amount you must consume is absolutely minuscule compared to a full cup of very unpleasant tea, something between 50...100mg for making mushie trip even nicer.

At higher quantities the taste of the powder is just as bad as the tea though, few days ago I tried to trip on 400mg of alks and that's something I'll never try again  :puke:

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: MindMeower]
    #26723582 - 06/06/20 08:22 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:

Very cool  :poast:

I'm considering buying a blacklight just to check out how rue glows in the dark...

Quote:

MindMeower said:
At higher quantities the taste of the powder is just as bad as the tea though, few days ago I tried to trip on 400mg of alks and that's something I'll never try again  :puke:

Looks good man! Isn't 400mg of harmala quite a hefty dose though? Like = 15-20g of seeds? Must of been quite an experience

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: MindMeower]
    #26725597 - 06/07/20 04:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Nice.  Put the powder in double O capsules!!!

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain

#26728186 - 06/08/20 06:08 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheEschatologist said:Looks good man! Isn't 400mg of harmala quite a hefty dose though? Like = 15-20g of seeds? Must of been quite an experience

I have read that you can get a trip from harmalas on their own but the quantity needs to be quite high, many quoted more than 10grams of seeds. Curious cat as I am I decided to go for it. The 400mg figure roughly corresponds to 6 grams of seeds from my extaction, I figured I'd start more gently and see how it goes and I'm pretty glad I did so.

I looked forward to some extreme traces that I had been reading about but they weren't as strong as I hoped (but still cool), and I also saw pretty nice closed eye visuals and I was sort of in semi dreaming state, but all came at cost of extreme nausea. Any significant movement resulted in involuntary desire to evacuate the stomach contents and it lasted for at least 4 hours, during which I lied in bed, perfectly still and listening music so as not to provoke any more discomfort.

I suppose I could get the insane tracers with even bigger dose but the nausea is totally not worth it. I'll just stick to just 50..100mg range to boost mushie power from now on only lol

--------------------

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

#26736840 - 06/11/20 01:15 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that rue nausea will get'cha :hellokitty:

It's not really recreational at all, but still an oddly rewarding medicine. Similar to what you said, i also found lying perfectly still in the dark with some chill music or chanting on is the best approach. Whatever you do, don't rock the boat haha. Highest I've tried was 8g seeds (in tea) which was OTT even for therapeutic purposes IME. I think Shulgin took like 20g raw seed at one point in his experiments, god that must've been awful haha

InvisibleItAintGotNoGasInIt
All Boredom Amused

#26750241 - 06/16/20 10:23 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The smell of my house when I started the extraction process by boiling 4oz of seed was horrendous. For a while the smell was just bad but it kept getting stronger and the effects of the smell kept compounding and started getting to me. I had to cover my face with my shirt and run out of the kitchen to avoid throwing up. I definitely recommend opening the windows and turning on a fan before you start.

--------------------
Good name is better than silver and gold
And no money can buy good name
I have a good name
And no money can buy my name
Do you have a good name?
Then no money should buy your name

Edited by ItAintGotNoGasInIt (06/18/20 01:25 AM)

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger

Re: Need help with masking the taste of Syrian rue, don’t know if I can take it anymore… [Re: ItAintGotNoGasInIt]
    #26751454 - 06/17/20 11:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for that tip, good to know especially since i don't live alone  :loudnoises:

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain

#26751488 - 06/17/20 11:55 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I actually didn't get any significant smell when I was doing the extraction, with the exception of vinegar smell. I did have a window open and also vent above the stove open so that probably made a difference also.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds