Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrailermonkey
Stranger
51-year-olds first trip * 1
    #26737171 - 06/11/20 06:20 PM (22 days, 17 hours ago)

This is my first post ever. Sorry it will be short. Yesterday I decided to do psychedelics for the first time. I am 51. I have had anxiety\panic attacks since I was 17. I have always been terrified of psychedelics. I have drank and drugged here and there but never psychedelics or pot. I wanted my brain to shut down. 6 years ago I quit all drininking and drugs. I decided to try some marijuana as it became legal in my state. It changed everything. I started to want to think. The last 2 years I have been so fascinated with psychs but still too scared. I finally aquired some mushroom tea from a Colorado company that was awesome. Yesterday I made the first cup of tea with a bag of 2mg mushrooms. After an hour there were lights around things and some insight but...eh. So I drank a second cup but from the same bag. Another hour and...eh. Feeling a bit frustrated I made a third cup with a second 2 mg bag. Oh...I did dribble some lemon in each cup. I read that helps but I am a complete novice. So I drank the third cup (with the new 2 mg bag). After around 45 mins there were a few more lights and colors but still kind of just ok. I pretty much gave up. I decided to smoke a little pot. I smoke alot but this time I just took a few hits to calm down the frustration. I came back inside. Sat down to talk to my wife...and...BOOM! I entered a different world. I became so in love with my wife I just balled like a baby. The kitchen behind her became what seemed endless. I had never experienced any visuals that were not there. Ever. I have been messed up on all sorts of stuff. This was a different world. Then I leaned back in the chair and every thought came at me. This sounds terrifying but it was too...I am struggling for the words here...it was the way things are. I really feel like the psychedelic world is always there and I just peaked through the door. I am so glad there are others (probably you) who have the will and strenth to explore this place. This was easily the most profound experience I have had. I wish I could describe it. Words are frustrating now. I have no interest in tripping again for a long time. I don't know how to say this but it didn't feel like a drug. It felt more like going through a door. I wanted to listen to music. I put on the Grateful Dead (I am an old punk but I love the Dead). 2 minutes of The Race is On (a great but very safe country tune by George Jones if you are unaware) and I had to stop. I was sobbing and felt that I was not worthy of music. I was wondering if I would get into music high cuz it is so important to me. Music was so exhalted I couldn't listen. The music SHINED and it was too bright for me. Music is like blood to me now. The upstairs of the apartment taught me stuff for what seemed like years. Oh yeah...time? Time was irrelevant. Years, minutes? I had no idea. I stood at the bottom of the stairs at one point. It seemed like forever. My wife said it was minutes at most. I couldn't go up because stairs didn't mean anything then "up" became ridiculous. Up, down, pine cone? That's where I was at. I can honestly say I was not scared ever. I was very, very concerned a lot. No matter where I went the energy from my wife was like a perfect, black hole of love. That sounds dirty but I mean that her love kept everything going. When I was away from her there was always a magnetic pull towards her. I tried writing about it while high. I wrote the single word "cat". I had to because the cat was full of energy. I really wanted to write my wife's name but...and this sounds weird...I was not worthy to dumb her amazing existence down to a word or words. It couldn't be done...so..."cat". Living things (and even things that lived or lesser) had an amazing energy. Life is amazing...just in case you forgot. I don't want to cheapen the experience. I still feel like a caveman trying to explain an automobile. Just a few more things. Visuals. Nothing grew a mouth and spoke to me BUT I feel like a heard from everything. There was a ton of stretching, twisted everything. I pulled the bookshelf with my mind or body or energy. What do you call it? I yanked that thing like silly putty. I walked down huge corridors which was a hallway or room I think. After what seemed like days or weeks (at some point I might say years) I was kind of back. Then I would step back into it. Just...um...huh, I don't have words here. I sat with the cat (CAT) and finally felt I was worthy of music again. Food? No thanks except I ate a strawberry. I actually wept. It cannot be described. I was really excited about nature. What was weird is I love and respect nature so much that it didn't shock me. I looked at a tomato plant and instead of thinking "Wow!" like everything else, I was like "YEP!" Confirming what I was well aware of. Nature was there and ruling as always. I was worried about my relationships with family. I expected a huge reaction from my brain but it said "That stuff is all cool." It was exactly what I needed. I am also a confirmed atheist and believe religion is poison. That all totally checked out. I was scared I would end up worshiping a God of some kind. Worship seems insane now. Life and nature seem to be the only true things. The thought of magic seems absurd. There doesnt need to be Gods and magic. This existence is more amazing than words can describe. Ok ok ok. This was going to be short. That didn't happen. Sorry. Anyway there is volumes more but there are probably so many better first trip stories. I can say it did teach me there is no answer. I was looking for one and instead had the realization that there doesn't seem to be a question. That sounded cliche huh? Ok I am stopping. I just want to thank the experience and thank you for putting up with this. Thanks so much!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMr Solo Dolo

Loc: U.S
Re: 51-year-olds first trip [Re: Trailermonkey]
    #26737183 - 06/11/20 06:24 PM (22 days, 17 hours ago)

:fuckinawesome:

--------------------
:mushroom2::dancingbear::mushroom2: LIFE'S A TRIP.. :mushroom2::dancingbear::mushroom2:

OnlineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #26739141 - 06/12/20 11:36 AM (21 days, 23 hours ago)

Nice first trip, thank you for sharing. I’ve had trips that didn’t kick start until I have smoked cannabis. But other times, it can send you too far, so you have to be careful.

I would disagree with one thing though; that there is no magic. I think there is, and we have temporary access to, visibility of said magic while in the peak of a psychedlic experience.

As you said, it’s always there, but it was the first chance you got to experience it.

If you could clarify your dose though, I’m a bit slow! What is a 2mg tea?

Cheers
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineTrailermonkey
Stranger
Re: 51-year-olds first trip [Re: DJ Ed] * 1
    #26739461 - 06/12/20 02:03 PM (21 days, 21 hours ago)

Oh yeah. It was 2 milligrams of psilocybe mushrooms per bag of tea. I drank a cup with one bag then another cup with the same bag then a third cup with a new bag. So 2 bags overall...three cups. Sounds confusing. The magic thing? I am still so raw and taking it all in days later. I just didn't feel there was "magic" but I would never want to belittle any beliefs. Especially after this experience. Thanks so much for the message. Take care. ✌

OfflineTrailermonkey
Stranger
Re: 51-year-olds first trip [Re: Trailermonkey] * 1
    #26739651 - 06/12/20 03:44 PM (21 days, 19 hours ago)

Also...I just need everyone to know that it has been days and I am still taking it in. Words are failing me. Any belie. I am sorry for trying to use words to explain it. Words cannot do it. Words are amazing though. Everything is. I wanted to say take care but I really want to say "you are...but you also are not". WORDS!

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
    #26739669 - 06/12/20 03:52 PM (21 days, 19 hours ago)

Cat.:freewilly:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineTrailermonkey
Stranger
Re: 51-year-olds first trip [Re: pineninja]
    #26740586 - 06/12/20 10:51 PM (21 days, 12 hours ago)

I feel like the fool on the hill. What a great song!

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

#26740590 - 06/12/20 10:53 PM (21 days, 12 hours ago)

There will be a lot of songs that you may look at in a whole new light.:wink:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineTrailermonkey
Stranger
Re: 51-year-olds first trip [Re: pineninja]
    #26740683 - 06/12/20 11:49 PM (21 days, 11 hours ago)

Music was always so important to me. I have been LOVING music! I still think it was so amazing that while I was on mushrooms music was SO good I couldn't listen to it. I have been crying alot out of (words are too hard still) wonder. That's not the word but it is awesome!

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

#26740804 - 06/13/20 12:36 AM (21 days, 10 hours ago)

Words are but blunt instruments.

I find music and poetry in their nuance more adequately explain....Cat.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist

Loc: Polygondwanaland
    #26748607 - 06/16/20 11:32 AM (18 days, 1 minute ago)

Quote:

Trailermonkey said:I still feel like a caveman trying to explain an automobile.

I think one of my favorite things about the psychedelic experience is how difficult it is to put it into words. Describing the psychedelic experience to someone who has never tripped is like trying to describe what the color red looks like to a person blind from birth. It's really something that has to be experienced firsthand - words will never do it justice.

Sounds like it was a nice experience for you!

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Grateful Dead

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports