Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebromidemice
Stranger
I tried 8mg of Amanita Muscaria and woke up blind!
    #26708434 - 05/31/20 03:56 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I fucked up. As the story unfolds my idiocy will become apparent, but I am sharing this as a cautionary tale.

The curiosity of the amanita was becoming insatiable. A primarily GABA hitting mushroom with dissociative  and delirious properties. The prospect of delirium made me somewhat uneasy but the GABA effects I just had to try. I found some out in the forest and spore printed all the caps on black paper for reasurrance. I dried them crispy in the dehydrator to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol over the course of two days. The total weight was 15mg dried.

I had awoken with the intentions of having a pretty relaxed day with the amanita, as my preconceived notions were of a relaxed, somewhat drunk/sleepy effect. My first mistake was that without thinking, I had a 1mg dose of clonazepam which I take pretty regularly. About an hour later I blended up 8mg of the amanita in a magic bullet, then mixed the dust with water, mistake number 2. I should have dosed lower for a first attempt. It was palatable enough and I washed it down with a glass of milk.

Around 30 minutes had passed and I wasn't feeling much, so I decided to mow the front lawn. Things were going well until l mowed over the main waterline, covered in long grass. Water was now pissing out all over the court and I had no idea what the hell to do. All the neighbours were out checking the chaos. A wild plumber appeared from the right of the court with a bucket of tools, and was onto it straight away. He managed to subdue the gushing water to an internal puddle. I was so greatful for the wild plumbers efforts I offered him a case of beer. He declined and said this is today's good deed. What a legend of a human being. I ended up calling out the water company and they fixed it up. I was feeling kind of stressed and sleepy from all this, not really feeling the amanita all that much apart from the sleepiness, so I returned back inside.
Once inside I intended to just rest for about 20 minutes.

I wake up and I am blind! I cannot see and panic instantly sets in. I felt for my phone which was on the bedside table and pocketed it. I started to feel around to get out the front door so I can find someone to call an ambulance. I had heard the lady next door and screamed "help I'm blind can you call an ambulance?" Judging by her voice she was very freaked out and said "I have to go inside!" I proceed to walk to what felt like across the court to the other neighbours. At this point I was screaming out for help and I hear a man's voice. I explained that I couldn't see and I need an ambulance. I hand him my phone and he calls an ambulance. We wait for the ambulance to rock up.

It rocks up and I am guided into the back. Off to hospital I go!

At the hospital they run various brain scans, I get pumped with morphine and various encounters with nurses and doctors occur. Amazing people, they truly are. I was so thirsty but wasnt allowed water at that time. It was the next day and my vision starts to regain, but it's insanely hard to open my eyes, and it was like looking through a welding mask. More encounters with nurses and doctors, and lots of mentions of "trauma" to the face. I was also tested for amnesia by a nurse ie. Say the months of the year backwards from December etc.

After a few meals and some time passed I went out for a smoke. I had to go out the front and I didn't have any shoes, rocking around the hospital front in explorer socks, why not. My depth perception was all messed up so it was a one eye walk. At this point I was thankful I could see. Out the front of the hospital I pass a parked car and see my reflection in the window and I didnt recognise myself. It looked like I had been beaten up, my face was so swollen and I couldn't even make out a jawline. The white in my eyes were deep red. It was shocking. I understand now why the neighbour was freaked out. The cigarette was much needed.

It turned out i fractured my eye socket, along with various cuts and bruises to the face. I get a visit from the family and they couldn't recognize me. I stay in hospital for another day and am discharged with a stash of painkillers. I just had no recollection of how this happened, but I get driven home by the family to pick up a few things.

I walk into my house, and go into detective mode. there's no visible sign of forced entry at the front door, nor has anything been stolen in the house, so I can rule out the dreadful thought of a home invasion. The whole house looks fine, just as I left it, but then I walk into the bedroom...

Completely trashed. My bed has been moved across the room, the curtains have been torn down, there are things that were in the closet strewn across the place, there is a hole in the wall, and blood on the pillow, mattress and some of the walls. This was a scary moment, I had no recollection of any of this. I thank my lucky stars this was all self inflicted. But it's still a disturbing aftermath and I am not proud of the behaviour at all. My main theory as to what happened, and my initial thought when I walked into the room was "fuck, I wigged out pretty bad." I believe that the amanita being a GABA antagonist, along with the dose of benzodiazepine also being a GABA antagonist (however I believe benzos hit a different region of GABA) had caused an overload leading to a blackout, and in that state I had become highly delerious and manic from the amanita. That is a scary thought to me and as I remember waking up in the room I am glad this state was self contained to one room and no harm was done elsewhere.

Ultimately the take away from this experience is that I won't be going near amanita muscaria ever again and if you choose to do it, don't make the mistake I made and combine benzodiazepines on the same day.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: I tried 8mg of Amanita Muscaria and woke up blind! [Re: bromidemice]
    #26708471 - 05/31/20 05:03 AM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Thank you for sharing, good to know. I’m glad you’re Ok dude, take care.
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroomS
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: I tried 8mg of Amanita Muscaria and woke up blind! [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26708977 - 05/31/20 11:42 AM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Holy shit! Glad to hear you’re on your way to recovery, scary stuff.

Stay safe!

--------------------
“It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”

- Ram Dass

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I tried 8mg of Amanita Muscaria and woke up blind! [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26747963 - 06/15/20 11:31 PM (19 days, 4 hours ago)

Wow, this is scary ! I have had some desires to pick these mushrooms in a forest I know but now these thoughts are much subdued...

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports