Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Organized Life, I Guess...
    #2674769 - 05/13/04 06:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This started off as a reply but couldn't be bound by that topic alone, and it isn't worked out as well as I want because I'm so tired, but hell. :smirk:

Ja, that is what we want, perfect harmony. If we watch the way we as a race have evolved, a huge part of it is taking down the barriers between us. We've made a lot of progress in that regard. :wink:

When I look back, I see seperated people in different territories with their own beliefs and practices, and I see that we have opened up and started merging these different practices. I see us turning into one human race. This is the way it was intended to be, obviously. If it was meant to be any differently, it wouldn't have went this way.

I was in an airport today, waiting for some family to arrive. We are interconnected. For fucks sake. This network is finely meshed. This is what life is about. All you people come together! :grin:

I've watched lots of people come and go in the airport today, I traveled around a nexus known as a city today, I've been in specialized shops, I've interacted just by being in the presence of hundreds of people today, I've rode in a car imported from Germany, I've had discussions about trips to Dubyai, another from a ship from Italy to Morocco, I just had family arrive from a different continent on the other side of an ocean by a method of travel that only took a few hours, I'm listening to music recorded by Swedish artists in Sweden, who I've seen perform twice in the States, I'm riding on a ship this weekend that goes from Denmark and back, I'm talking to my girlfriend right n? who is in the Midwest of the States, who in just six days I am going to be with... and I'm currently communicating with dozens of people who live in quite the handful of different countries...

... and I'm from a land that just a few hundred years ago just didn't exist to people living anywhere else (although some voyagers of the country I am currently in knew of it way before that :lol:). When I think back on how much understanding just wasn't there, how hard it was to survive and have some ounce of well-being... just how fucking disconnected we were.... my mind is blown how interconnected and amazing this all is, and I see it as something that we should be out to protect and to allow to grow further, instead of trying to deconstruct it and make us go back to where we came....

Fuck, we have Kaiowas over here pouring this great valued knowledge into this thread, on how to fix the errors in our thinking and turn ourselves into truly wonderful, meaningful, experienced, peaceful beings... and at one time people were traveling on horses, taking weeks and even months to get places that we can travel to in mere minutes and hours... we have instant communication... at one time we were transporting elephants through mountains to try to war with another territory....

Life is an amazing, rich experience full of detail and meaning. And civilization is organized life... fucking nuts!  :shocked: :grin: :nut: Organized life. That is insane, organized life...

We are one people and we are meant to be interconnected. :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Organized Life, I Guess... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2674980 - 05/13/04 07:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Right on Fireworks.

One way of looking at the evolution of our technology is as the process of breaking down the barriers of time and space. The more it progresses, the more everywhere becomes the same place and all those inhabiting those spaces are brought together.

I had a similar experience a couple of months ago at an airport (on the shuttle bus to be exact). I was looking at all these diferent people from different parts of the world with different cultural viewpoints and yet there was a general feeling of goodwill among everyone. We were cooperating. I thought DAMN...We CAN all get along! We just need to bypass our 'leaders' and relate to eachother face to face, human to human. Then we realize that the differences are so small as to be laughable.

We all want the same things...food, shelter, clothing, freedom and a world that is at peace to explore and raise our children in. If every human being in the world had these simple things, I don't think we would have these wars. But maybe I'm being too simplistic here.

Anyway, again, right on man!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Organized Life, I Guess... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2676724 - 05/14/04 05:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

We are definitely interconnected. We're here for each other.

I posted a "WTF" thread a while back, talking about how it seems that people that have experience in what I am having difficulties are always around me. I was questioning if this was synchronicity or coincidence or what. Actually, I think it's God, the Universe, threads across the planetary realm, something....

But something today set my mind to thinking.

All of us are always running into people, but we don't always talk to them,, whether out of shyness, or arrogance, or ego, or whatever.

I talk to whomever I see. I have this gift/detriment that I talk to anyone about anything. This would produce the effect that in whatever area I was needing help, if I talk to someone nearby, more than likely, that person will be able to help me. I still think it's weird, though, that the first person from whom I seek help has experience in the area I need help.

But anyways, we are all so interconnected that we should each of us take more advantage of the way we are here to help each other. Talk to the person seated next to you on the bus, talk to anyone possible. If you need help, you will probably get it from the very next person with whom you speak.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology