Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >
OfflineRadsquatch
forestdweller
Male User Gallery

Something amiss? [Re: Kizzle]
    #26744792 - 06/14/20 07:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hello fellow shroomers!

I have an oat/coir monotub, that I spawned on june 4th. Today, some strange discoloration seems to have arrived, specifically on top of the mycelium that is directly on the exposed grains.

Is this the start of some contamination, and if so is there anything I can do to save my mushroom children?!

Thanks in advance. :smile:

--------------------
Discovery is just thinking God's thoughts after him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Something amiss? [Re: Radsquatch] * 1
    #26745246 - 06/14/20 11:32 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like a bit of matabolites or drying out, not that bad.:thumbup:

OfflineStickyBay
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Start of something...? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26745748 - 06/15/20 06:34 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

StickyBay said:
Hi all,

Just got my first rye mono going on the 8th June, I was always expecting it to flop (jumped in a bit early as is the all too classic noob way, I'm sorry, I've started properly now...) and its colonizing fine but has got some sporophore looking stuff on the hpoo/verm sub. It hasn't spread much if at all in 24hrs so feeling it can't be cobweb, but also doesn't look like the other myc there.

I couldn't get hold of and h2o2 today but have some coming tomorrow so will spray regularly in 12hr intervals. I've also hit it with some light and increased GE, after much reading and realization of mistakes at spawning.

All that said, do I just need to throw it out now, and how do I safely do that from the tub?

Sorry for the poor pictures, I didn't want to stick my head in the tub just in case it's something sinister...

All helped hugely appreciated as always.

LOOKS a little too fluffy to be myc, but because you have those other small breakthroughs around the edges, it COULD be. I'd take it away from your standard grow area and give it another week and if it doesn't get thicker and more solid white then I think it's pin/cob and at that point it may be fucked. You might be able to kill it off with a little peroxide, but again that's never a guarantee. Sorry, man.

Thanks rabbit, appreciate you taking the time.

It does look like its slowly getting thicker and maybe a touch more white too but I'm still assuming the worst and keeping a close eye on it, but it's really not "spreading" as such just looks to be growing slowly.

I'll blast it with peroxide just in case :thumbup:

Thanks again!

Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Microwave Flag
Re: Start of something...? [Re: StickyBay]
    #26746040 - 06/15/20 09:32 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

StickyBay said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

StickyBay said:
Hi all,

Just got my first rye mono going on the 8th June, I was always expecting it to flop (jumped in a bit early as is the all too classic noob way, I'm sorry, I've started properly now...) and its colonizing fine but has got some sporophore looking stuff on the hpoo/verm sub. It hasn't spread much if at all in 24hrs so feeling it can't be cobweb, but also doesn't look like the other myc there.

I couldn't get hold of and h2o2 today but have some coming tomorrow so will spray regularly in 12hr intervals. I've also hit it with some light and increased GE, after much reading and realization of mistakes at spawning.

All that said, do I just need to throw it out now, and how do I safely do that from the tub?

Sorry for the poor pictures, I didn't want to stick my head in the tub just in case it's something sinister...

All helped hugely appreciated as always.

LOOKS a little too fluffy to be myc, but because you have those other small breakthroughs around the edges, it COULD be. I'd take it away from your standard grow area and give it another week and if it doesn't get thicker and more solid white then I think it's pin/cob and at that point it may be fucked. You might be able to kill it off with a little peroxide, but again that's never a guarantee. Sorry, man.

Thanks rabbit, appreciate you taking the time.

It does look like its slowly getting thicker and maybe a touch more white too but I'm still assuming the worst and keeping a close eye on it, but it's really not "spreading" as such just looks to be growing slowly.

I'll blast it with peroxide just in case :thumbup:

Thanks again!

Don't hit it with peroxide until you've confirmed its not myc, because you don't want to harm good growth, but do keep an eye for about a week for so and check back with us. If you sprayed it already it's not the end of the world, but I'd only suggest peroxide in the case that you're sure it's cobweb mold.

--------------------

OfflineRadsquatch
forestdweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Something amiss? [Re: F. 3]
    #26746324 - 06/15/20 11:21 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks! The colonization seems to be somewhat subpar.. I didn't level the substrate as much as I should have. Oh well! First grow, many lessons learned already.

--------------------

Lapin Blanc

Re: Something amiss? [Re: Radsquatch]
    #26746583 - 06/15/20 01:16 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Radsquatch said:
Thanks! The colonization seems to be somewhat subpar.. I didn't level the substrate as much as I should have. Oh well! First grow, many lessons learned already.

How do you have your bin set up and what conditions for colonization?

--------------------

OfflineDracultivation
Probably Imaginary
I'm a teapot

Loc: Mountains. High Altitude.
Agar Attempt [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26746839 - 06/15/20 03:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Cheers all,

Novice grower, only a few runs under my belt, and with about 60% success. Not great. Needless to say I'm on my very first agar attempt. It's been a wonderful learning experience, but I am at a loss if what I am seeing has white mold growing, or if there is just regular white mycel. in my dishes. Having never done this method before, I'm overly paranoid.

Would anyone care to weigh in / advise? I can also take a moment to go get more detailed shots of any one plate.

Note: This was done with glob spores in a syringe, which can be seen on the closer image of plate 1.

--------------------
I live in the middle of nowhere, where nothing grows.

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Agar Attempt [Re: Dracultivation]
    #26746886 - 06/15/20 03:41 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Its myc dude:thumbup:

OfflineStickyBay
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Start of something...? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26746966 - 06/15/20 04:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

Don't hit it with peroxide until you've confirmed its not myc, because you don't want to harm good growth, but do keep an eye for about a week for so and check back with us. If you sprayed it already it's not the end of the world, but I'd only suggest peroxide in the case that you're sure it's cobweb mold.

Cool, I'll see whapppns and report back.

Thanks so much again, I've started on agar now too so I'm looking onwards in any case!

Cheers

OfflineRadsquatch
forestdweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Something amiss? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26747725 - 06/15/20 08:47 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

I have the bin set up in a room that gets fresh air from a window every day. Ive followed BOD's no-mod, monotub tek, light and all. The temp has been between 70 and 73 for the entire process. Is that enough info?

I made the mistake of letting too much FAE happen in the beginning of colonization, and also didn't mist, so the substrate surface has been running a little on the dry side.

Any tips? I really appreciate any and all wisdom I'm blessed enough to come across.

Good news is, I have my first pins popping up as of this morning!

--------------------

Edited by Radsquatch (06/15/20 10:09 PM)

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
    #26748373 - 06/16/20 07:09 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats, looks nice.
If it dried out a little bit, you can mist a tiny bit more, but not over the top. keep an eye on it and see what it is needed at the time.

the more evaporation happens the faster metabolic processes are.
I think same goes for leafy plants, maybe even human bodies.

Lapin Blanc

#26749253 - 06/16/20 02:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Radsquatch said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

I have the bin set up in a room that gets fresh air from a window every day. Ive followed BOD's no-mod, monotub tek, light and all. The temp has been between 70 and 73 for the entire process. Is that enough info?

I made the mistake of letting too much FAE happen in the beginning of colonization, and also didn't mist, so the substrate surface has been running a little on the dry side.

Any tips? I really appreciate any and all wisdom I'm blessed enough to come across.

Good news is, I have my first pins popping up as of this morning!

That's great, man and yeah that was likely the issue, because you want that CO2 build up for colonization and moisture for recurring flushes. Once this flush is done, give it a solid 24 hour float and it should recover fine. It looks fully colonized, if not a bit wispy, but It should survive. Let us know how it pans out :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinemigrant mutant
Stranger
Does it look alright to you? [Re: Kizzle]
    #26749268 - 06/16/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

These picture are from after harvesting my first ever monotub.

Unfortunately it started to pin before the bulk substrate was fully colonized, I assume because I provided too much fresh air exchange. After the harvest, there are some areas that worries me on these pics.

Does that look alright to you?

Also, the second flush is almost ready, does it look like it was negatively affected by a possible contamination?

Lapin Blanc

Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: migrant mutant]
    #26749287 - 06/16/20 03:03 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

No, the second flush pic looks fine. What's the humidity at in there though?

First pics the areas that are fuzzy are likely just still colonizing. You may have a slight bacterial issue, but that wouldn't stop it from fruiting. You may not get as nice a harvest as originally hoped, but it should still put off a decent amount before being completely done.

I typically recommend twisting your fruits out, over cutting if you are concerned about contams though, because leaving the stump behind can give grounds for them to attack.

Otherwise it looks healthy enough, albeit a little dry. Did you dunk after the first flush?

--------------------

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26749697 - 06/16/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

I typically recommend twisting your fruits out, over cutting if you are concerned about contams though, because leaving the stump behind can give grounds for them to attack.

I was thinking a bout this quite some time now, many growers tend to cut them at substrate level, I did too on my grows.
I would like to see a vid.
there are some pretty heavy clusters some times and it holds alot underneat itself.

Lapin Blanc

Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: F. 3] * 1
    #26750276 - 06/16/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

F. 3 said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:

I was thinking a bout this quite some time now, many growers tend to cut them at substrate level, I did too on my grows.
I would like to see a vid.
there are some pretty heavy clusters some times and it holds alot underneat itself.

There are two camps on this for sure. I know a lot of guys get away fine with cutting and I get why, but I've been able to successfully remove 105g clusters from a surface with the twist and pull in the first flush and still had 4 flushes off the cake. As long as you're gentle enough, there isn't much risk in pulling up the sub. It's not the prettiest to look at after, but still does it's job. I know that I'm losing up to 10% of my overall fruits though when cutting, because a lot of times the stump sits in deep to the sub and will only come away with uprooting.

I guess it just depends how much of it you want to keep and how much your willing to leave behind, but in some cases the stump will start to rot after a few days and can lead to contam, though that won't always be the case.

The cluster on the scale in this photo was pulled solid and cleaned up. I believe that one was just shy of 110g wet. It left a good size crater in the sub, but the hole recolonized and fruited a second time all around the rim.

Edit: Despite the good amount of sub pulled with every fruit, like you see there, the subs in question still put out 4 flushes, totaling 10.5oz dry weight, from about 20L of 1:1 sub/spawn.

--------------------

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
    #26750761 - 06/17/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
There are two camps on this for sure

Oh! News to meeee, LOL. I've got stumps and really crappy second flushes.
Of course there's prolly all sorts of reasons, but ya, I'll try pulling next one.

Speaking of camps, to dunk or not to dunk, 24hrs, 2 hrs,
To float for awhile...
My subs seems practically bone dry, I'm sure some kinda re-hydration is needed.

Stump city ya!

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Lapin Blanc

Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: Inthepit]
    #26751154 - 06/17/20 09:28 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
There are two camps on this for sure

Oh! News to meeee, LOL. I've got stumps and really crappy second flushes.
Of course there's prolly all sorts of reasons, but ya, I'll try pulling next one.

Speaking of camps, to dunk or not to dunk, 24hrs, 2 hrs,
To float for awhile...
My subs seems practically bone dry, I'm sure some kinda re-hydration is needed.

Stump city ya!

Well I do full submersion dunks for 24 hours with my cakes and again, they produced a stupid amount. I've always and only ever done full 16-24 hour dunks. You can go shorter, but I figure the longer they get to soak the better. I haven't tried the float method yet, but if you're concerned about contam then floating would likely be a good way to try avoid them, while still getting the moisture.

Like I said, my surface was jacked and I soaked all 10 of my shoeboxes in the same funky water and they came back like champs each time, so I suppose part of it is luck, part of it is the fact that the myc can't really be fucked with, once it's fully colonized.

--------------------

OfflineThegriz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26751188 - 06/17/20 09:41 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

so im new to this. Yes I decided to go with myco bags due to covid being a bitch on pressure cooker sales.

4 bags
1 bag contaminated realized I had a hole near inject port

Down to 3
These bags have been innoculating for roughly 20 days.

Day 17 I mixed up the mycelium to spread it around to hopefully obtain a more even growth in the bag[per reviews]

Day 20 today noticing 1 bag not so much growth
Another bag huge turnout of growth all over but concerning that it might not be mycelium anymore

Bag 3 mediocre growth but yellow piss everywhere

God I have a feeling that these are no good anymore.
Anyone Please help clarify tis

Sorry for the hijack!

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/20-25/240832061-inCollage_20200617_112502760.jpg][image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/20-25/240832061-

OfflineThegriz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does it look alright to you? [Re: Thegriz]
    #26751196 - 06/17/20 09:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Please look at the video

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate