Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: Need insight on panic attacks while sober [Re: CatsLoveHouseMusic]
    #26738713 - 06/12/20 05:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Like I said. I'm not sure what to classify it as. I just know its a panic attack. Shortness of breath, feeling light headed, feeling "off" like I'm not myself. Its a very strange thing when it hits. Now we probably have completely way two different ways of taking it in - but it really just sucks in general.

I was just sharing my experience with you as well. Because mine are extremely unfortunate and uncomfortable as well.

--------------------
:greyalien:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Need insight on panic attacks while sober [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26743695 - 06/14/20 09:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Re: CatsLoveHouseMusic's question, and others w similar experiences

This may sound, insensitive and counter intuitive, but if anyone having panic attacks, think the fear of death is partly at the root of the problem, It might be worth considering, that we will all die and when death comes, it will happen in the present moment, which we never leave.
Once we make peace with death, and are ok with what happens to us all regardless of our preferences, and regardless of whether we happen to feel ready for it, some anxiety may be reduced.
Perhaps one needs to ask oneself, what needs to change within me so that  I am ready to let go now ?

However past childhood, unresolved traumas, may also play a part.
And as others have mentioned physiology, drug use*, and breathing, may also play a part.
And as others have also mentioned, how one views such experiences can also, either intensify them, or turn them into a challenge or learning experience.
Both anxiety and panic attacks and paranoia are all definitely part of the spectrum of possible human experiences, whether we like it or not, but with sufficient attention to the problem they are often eventually overcome.

* Many drugs at times produce such effects: hash, pot, salvia, meth, and all sorts of withdrawals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]