Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepineapplekenny
Mushroom enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
Panaeolus Cinctulus Trip Report: 20 fresh grams
    #26731091 - 06/09/20 12:46 PM (24 days, 21 hours ago)

Tl;DR: Perhaps the best, most magical, loving, and fun trip of my life. Very different from cubensis. More like a hippie flip, mixing ecstasy with cubensis. The trip was crystal clear, and energizing. No drowsiness or body load. Come up and come down were gentle and smooth.

I had the recent good fortune of discovering a crop of Panaeolus Cinctulus growing in a raised garden bed. Standard raised bed soil mix, and topped with hemlock bark mulch. I can smell that the soil has fertilizer in it when I whiff a big handful.

Once I discovered these little beauties, I read everything I could about them. All the reports say that they are fairly weak compared to cubensis, which are the only mushrooms I have experience with. I have also never tried fresh mushrooms before.

With cubensis, I typically make a lemon-tek tea. 1 dried gram, powdered, soaked in lemon juice, then brewed with some kind of herbal tea is my go-to. At that dosage, I experience about a level 2-3 experience depending on the crop. So, due to that, I just make the guess that 20 fresh grams of Cinctulus should be in the ballpark. From this experience, it seems to me that Cubensis grown in coir, and Cinctulus grown in garden bed mix, have equivalent potency.

I dice up the freshly picked little fellas and begin simmering them with my tea mixture of choice.  Meanwhile I do a cacao ceremony to center myself in gratitude for this fortuitous discovery, and a free day to plant things in my garden and commune with the mushrooms.

Once the tea simmered for about 10 minutes, I removed it from the heat, and squirted lemon juice into the mixture and let that sit for another 10 minutes. I then went outside with a little toast and mentally prepared myself. Though I was confident in my ID, some part of my mind was a little nervous that I somehow fucked up and I made a tea of poisonous mushrooms (stupid fear-based mind). I drank half the tea and waited about 20 minutes, then drank the other half.

After drinking the tea, I started gardening. Planting some ferns and hostas.  After about an hour, I started to feel an incredible body high. You know that feeling in the tip of your penis when you have an orgasm? Well that was my whole body. It was incredible to say the least.

About 20 minutes after the body high, I start to notice slight visuals. I'm getting cold at this point, so I go inside to make some cinnamon tea to warm up. While the tea is steeping, I go upstairs to take a piss, and it kinda hits me. I sit down on my bed. I look at my hands, and I'm seeing a kaleidoscoping fireworks effect on my palms and fingers.

When I closed my eyes, I was instantly transported to what I call Rainbow Sherbet Land. A beautifully colored place filled with diffuse light, and moving fractal geometry. When I opened my eyes, there I was, back in my room. It had the distinct feeling of teleportation every time I repeated this. I took my piss, and my tea, and went back outside.

I put in my headphones, put on some reggae, and laid in my hammock. I started texting my mom and my friends. Though I was really far out, I was able to be very coherent and social at the same time. When I looked in the distance, depth would flatten out, and walls and floors would morph into each other. When I looked at the keyboard on my phone, it's as if my face and keyboard sorted of just mushed together, and I was typing the words with my thoughts rather than my fingers. None of this freaked me out at all. I'd frequently laugh out loud and smile so big it hurt!

When I'd look up at the sky, the clouds would twist off in some impossible geometry. I got this overwhelming feeling of peace and pure bliss. At this point, I got the message from the mushroom: life is a dance. Leave your burdens at the door, smile, and get out on the dance floor!

At this point, I'm coming down. Smooth and gently as can be. I have the most intensely crystal clear vision. It felt like I could see a gnat's ass from a mile a way. I was sticking my head into my rose bushes, and observing all the tiny little creatures all over the place. Little flying insects, crawling ones, tiny spiders. All smaller than a flea. The light pouring through the branches and over the leaves looked so magical. It's like I was born again, seeing life for the first time.

At this point, it's been about 5 hours and I'm fully sober. I don't feel cloudy or drained in the least. I felt extremely positive and energized. My mind was sharp and alert, and my awareness was right behind my eyes. I spent the rest of the evening playing soccer with my girlfriend's kids and just running around making everyone laugh and being silly.

It was probably one of the greatest days of my life.

A few more details for the more scientifically curious:

I have since dried the mushrooms and come to the conclusion they are 94-95% water. So 20 fresh grams is about 1 dry gram. This puts them fairly squarely in line with Cubensis potency in my experience. Tails of them being weak seem unfounded and strange to me. Perhaps if they are found in rotting hay they are not as potent, but it seems if they are found in horse pastures they should be potent enough. That being said, I don't really have any experience with Cubensis grown in manure, maybe they are much stronger.

It should also be said that I think I'm fairly sensitive, and don't need much for a good trip. About 1 dry gram of cubes/cinctulus in a tea and I'm good for a level 2-3 experience. 3-4 dried grams in tea, and I'm good for a level 4-5 experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAvvruk
Stranger
Male

Re: Panaeolus Cinctulus Trip Report: 20 fresh grams [Re: pineapplekenny]
    #26733964 - 06/10/20 11:56 AM (23 days, 22 hours ago)

Thanks for the trip report :thumbup:
I tripped off Cinctulus last summer and they felt different than Cubensis for some reason.

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus Cinctulus Trip Report: 20 fresh grams [Re: Avvruk]
    #26747800 - 06/15/20 11:39 PM (18 days, 10 hours ago)

That sounded like a wonderful trip, it was a fun read ~

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports