Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSweetzz93
Curious Nature Lover
 User Gallery

Loc: East Central FL
Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? * 4
    #26723933 - 06/06/20 01:39 PM (27 days, 22 hours ago)

I am trying to process this trip so I will write it out in hopes that someone with more experience can comment further..

I have taken mushrooms a little over 10 times.
70% of those were all during concerts (1-3g in chocolates)
The other 30% were all small doses under 2g and I just had a great body high and mellow mood.

Short version:
The other night I took 2.6 g penis envy with lemon tek tea. Took 7-10 minutes to start feeling it. Very different from the usual hour it takes to start feeling it. The first hour was pretty intense but felt pretty much like any  other trips.

Throughout the next hour It intensified and I realized I was TRIPPING BALLS. My sister and I (she was sober) were watching The Midnight Gospel for the first hour and a half. I think that I didn’t realize I was tripping so hard because I was watching a cartoon, so when my sister switched the. Tv to The Office, I was able to grasp how gone I was.

I have never had open eye visuals/hallucinations like this before. I have had the usual breathing effect and bright colors, but this time I was seeing things that were not reality. It was like every single persons face was in a constant Snapchat filter, all the same one, making their eyes huge, googly, and cartoon like. I was watching the office and every character was the same, weird big eyed faces with smaller face features. (Hard to explain other than a Snapchat filter)

Also during this, time slowed down drastically. I was able to think 100 things while the tv was going, like I could hear the characters speak but I was able to think inbetween all of it. I found this cool and felt like I was living “in the moment”.

I sat there for about an hour just thinking about what I was seeing and realizing how weird it was. I have read a lot about shrooms but I have never heard of seeing things like this so I was weirded out. I know LSD and high doses of shrooms can make you trip like this but I wasn’t expecting it on 2.6g.

After the first 2 hours it started to go down hill because I just wanted it to be over. I couldn’t open my eyes without everything being “different” than it should be. I kept reminding myself I took mushrooms and was sort of able to calm down but i kept having repeating thoughts and just wanted it to be over already.

The rest of the trip is sort of a blur, but i was having some weird thoughts about being the only person on earth, like everyone else is just my imaginary, everything being fake, being like this forever, etc. not so fun. 

Is this all normal? Was I stuck in an inbetween state? Like being conscious that I was seeing weird ass shit that isn’t “normal”? or did I just not let myself relax and enjoy it because I was taken back from the OEV? Or Am I just dumb for not realizing that my reality could drastically alter from 2.6g penis envy? Lol.

Any advice or knowledge would be awesome.

Longer version/more details:

I hadn’t taken a higher dose of  shrooms in about 4 years until this year. And even then my highest dose was prob only a couple of g’s at a music festival.

After my dog/best friend passed away this March I got into mushroom hunting as I wanted a hobby to keep up my long hikes we used to do together. In a way; I I feel as if the mushrooms found me after his passing and I have been thankful for them.

Anyways,
I have been pretty successful in my hunting now and it’s been a fun hobby however I have been only taking small doses of them since finding them. .8, 1g etc
Until last night...

Before I had been successful finding them in the wild I had asked my sister if she knew where to find any and after a couple of weeks she was  able to get her hands on an 8th of Penis Envy for me. I knew PE is known to be stronger, but I didn’t know what to expect.

3 nights prior to this trip, I had eaten 1g of wild cubes, with a disappointing trip as it was super mild,, had a slight body high and it dissipated after 2 or so hours, so I wanted to try again  to get a stronger trip. I knew 3 days wasn’t much time to wait, so the 2.6 g in my mind wasn’t going to be that strong. Well I was wrong.

8:40pm
I boiled up some water, while it cooled I ground up 2.6 g of penis envy, poured some lemon juice over it, and after about 5-10 min I mixed in the hot water and let it sit for 10 or so more minutes and then drank it all..

Literally 10 minutes later:
I’m starting to feel it come on. I start to get a little anxious because it always took an hour before i ever felt anything. I realize the lemon tek tea is DEFF working as it’s supposed to.

I am trying to just ride it and relax. I knew what I signed up for by ingesting the mushrooms. (Although I didn’t expect what was about to happen)

I won’t rewrite what happened, it is in the short version, but here are some more things that happened. Not in specific order:

I expected to go for a walk about 45 min after drinking the tea, that was the plan, but after 15 min I told my sister that I wasn’t gonna want to walk bc I wasn’t sure how hard it would hit.

I got super quiet, I was probably too much in my own head.

I got a little paranoid when I heard some loud noises outside and then again in front of my house. I was concerned because my rabbit was making weird noises, but I am sure I was just paranoid.

I kept pacing. I wasn’t thinking “wow I’m having a “bad” trip” but i also was not able to enjoy myself.
I felt out of control.

For some time I thought I was for sure going to stay like this forever, I was gonna be a mental patient because I had taken some shrooms and would never come back to normal, I told myself that this is what alll people who trip start to think and I need to relax. But when it’s happening you really believe it.

I had some weird moments at the end while listening to “here comes the sun” it felt like I was in a nursing home and 90 and had dementia and was just about to wake up from a weird dream.

Over all, the first 2 hours were trippy, I was in awe of the OEV, but the next 4 hours I was just over it and wanted to go to bed.

I would deff say I prob had my first “ bad trip” but I am still trying to sort it out.

I think it comes down to me not expecting to see what I saw, and that’s what made me uncomfortable.

Did I not do enough research about trip reports? Probably.

I just want to know that other people see things like I did on that night when they take shrooms? Because I have read a lot and usually it’s just breathing effects and geometric patterns, not full on disfigured faces for hours straight.

Edited by Sweetzz93 (06/06/20 02:57 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: Sweetzz93]
    #26723967 - 06/06/20 01:52 PM (27 days, 22 hours ago)

First off very good trip report, I like you did the short and long version. In my opinion PEs are the best cubes. Not the easiest to grow but for the most part very strong. I have read that they are 1.5 stronger then regular cube. So that 2.6 grams you did was a strong dose and if those PEs were potent you were tripping pretty hard. Your experience was pretty normal for tripping balls.  If you have anymore of theses PEs left, cut your dose back to 2 grams and I think you will have a better trip.

InvisibleSweetzz93
Curious Nature Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: Antigov] * 1
    #26724087 - 06/06/20 02:44 PM (27 days, 21 hours ago)

Hey Antigov, thanks for the response.

I was gonna type it out like a normal TR  but I know how rambly these can get lol. And even my short version didn’t turn out very short. Whoops.

Thanks for your input about this being a pretty typical strong dose trip.. I just didn’t feel like it was normal when it was happening and that freaked me out.

You really don’t know what tripping is like until you do... lol
:peace:

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

#26725296 - 06/07/20 02:21 AM (27 days, 9 hours ago)

gotta love good ole lemon teks notching down the come up from a 40-60 minute come up, to a 5-10 minute one. Really grabs ya by the boo boo dont it? :super:

Only way I dose mushrooms anymore :awecid:

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
-We are all computer data in a materialistic world-
|Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything|

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #26725375 - 06/07/20 03:08 AM (27 days, 9 hours ago)

First off, great trip report Sweetzz, thanks for sharing.

Yes you’ve described pretty typical reactions and experiences, nothing to worry about. And get this thought now stuck in your head: you did NOT stay in that condition forever, and you DID come back to reality. The thing with tripping is that people can tell you all there is to know about it, and you can read all the trip reports you lie; but this will mean basically nothing until you actually EXPERIENCE it yourself.

After 35 years of this, I still get anxious. People talk about “ego death”, that common experience on higher doses where the DMN turns off effectively “killing your ego”. You can prepare nd prepare for this, but no matter how experienced you are, when you start to think you’re dying, it does feel real.

Accept it and let go! Easier said than done, dude.

From what you describe, nd noting PE can be 1.5x stronger than a typical cubensis, you’ve described a 4g trip. As suggested, try again with 2g PE, and be aware of how the trip will proceed.

Clear your diary, clear your head, prepare your trip space for no interruptions, and when it is quiet, get your sister along again for morale support, then take the 2g. If the intensity wasn’t the problem, use the lemon tek again. Note dude there is no reason to drink the mushroom solid: simply break up the dried mushrooms into a pan, pour over boiling water, bring back to the boil, boiled rapidly for ONE MINUTE, turn down heat and simmer for UP TO TEN MINUTES.  Allow to cool, strain the mushrooms out, drink the tea. I had some dried Golden Teachers a couple of weeks back made in this way; they were dated March 2017,  and were super potent.

Keep us all in the loop; it would be great to hear how you get on with the 2g.

Or now you know why 2.6g of PE feels like, try it again. Try not to panic nd think that for you, the mushrooms are bad, and try to enjoy the experience, knowing you will come back, and it is only transient (noting also that in the psychedelic headspace a minute can feel like half an hour LOL).

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Rational Philosophy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26725662 - 06/07/20 07:22 AM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

:kenthumbup:

DAMN solid and insightful trip report, OP! Thank you for sharing this! :sunny:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26728508 - 06/08/20 11:34 AM (26 days, 38 minutes ago)

I see no problem with this experience, you grow by making space in yourself for all the things you experience. Distortions included.

One day you may suddenly understand why the office had snapchat filter eyes, one day you may understand why you felt anxious when you did. in the meantime make space for those odd things which really happened in your mind, eventually you will be better off if you are not anxious or try to suppress the ideas and events.

--------------------

InvisibleSweetzz93
Curious Nature Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26729069 - 06/08/20 04:16 PM (25 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
First off, great trip report Sweetzz, thanks for sharing.

Yes you’ve described pretty typical reactions and experiences, nothing to worry about. And get this thought now stuck in your head: you did NOT stay in that condition forever, and you DID come back to reality. The thing with tripping is that people can tell you all there is to know about it, and you can read all the trip reports you lie; but this will mean basically nothing until you actually EXPERIENCE it yourself.

After 35 years of this, I still get anxious. People talk about “ego death”, that common experience on higher doses where the DMN turns off effectively “killing your ego”. You can prepare nd prepare for this, but no matter how experienced you are, when you start to think you’re dying, it does feel real.

Accept it and let go! Easier said than done, dude.

From what you describe, nd noting PE can be 1.5x stronger than a typical cubensis, you’ve described a 4g trip. As suggested, try again with 2g PE, and be aware of how the trip will proceed.

Clear your diary, clear your head, prepare your trip space for no interruptions, and when it is quiet, get your sister along again for morale support, then take the 2g. If the intensity wasn’t the problem, use the lemon tek again. Note dude there is no reason to drink the mushroom solid: simply break up the dried mushrooms into a pan, pour over boiling water, bring back to the boil, boiled rapidly for ONE MINUTE, turn down heat and simmer for UP TO TEN MINUTES.  Allow to cool, strain the mushrooms out, drink the tea. I had some dried Golden Teachers a couple of weeks back made in this way; they were dated March 2017,  and were super potent.

Keep us all in the loop; it would be great to hear how you get on with the 2g.

Or now you know why 2.6g of PE feels like, try it again. Try not to panic nd think that for you, the mushrooms are bad, and try to enjoy the experience, knowing you will come back, and it is only transient (noting also that in the psychedelic headspace a minute can feel like half an hour LOL).

Take care
DJ Ed

Big thank you for this response DJ Ed.

I no longer have any of the PE mushrooms so I will not be able to try for the 2g but I am perfectly okay with that lol. I don’t think I’m at a headspace  where I want such a strong experience at this time.

I forgot to mention that during the trip  I had repeating thoughts about how I didn’t want to eat any more mushrooms after this trip. Well when I woke up the next day I did not feel as strongly about that thought but I do think i am gonna take some time off and work on some self goals and self happiness as I know mindset is a huge factor in how a trip can go.

The last thing, is that I did in fact strain out all of the mushroom bits from the tea, (I apologize that  my trip report doesn’t state that clearly) and I had it in a little shot glass that I was going to eat about an hour after drinking the tea. Well one thing obviously led to another and I was in no state to ingest the mushroom bits lol.

I will write up another report when I do get around to shroomytown again.

Until then,

Thank you and take care :peace: :love:

InvisibleSweetzz93
Curious Nature Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26729077 - 06/08/20 04:23 PM (25 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
:kenthumbup:

DAMN solid and insightful trip report, OP! Thank you for sharing this! :sunny:

thank you, thank you, kind LS.

I thoroughly enjoyed the link in your signature... no not that one, the trip report one lol.
You have some really good points and its a nice read into your thoughts about what goes on in the mind.

Take care always,
Sweetzz
:peace:

InvisibleSweetzz93
Curious Nature Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Intense open eye visuals from 2.6g penis envy...? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26729086 - 06/08/20 04:28 PM (25 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I see no problem with this experience, you grow by making space in yourself for all the things you experience. Distortions included.

One day you may suddenly understand why the office had snapchat filter eyes, one day you may understand why you felt anxious when you did. in the meantime make space for those odd things which really happened in your mind, eventually you will be better off if you are not anxious or try to suppress the ideas and events.

Thank you for this. This response is making me see the trip in another light.

I have always believed  myself to be very open to all things but when confronted with distorted reality I  recognize that I have some more learning and growing to do.

Thanks again, :peace:

Sweetzz

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports