Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: Parasoul]
    #26714236 - 06/02/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I massively increased fae yesterday and cased mine pretty lightly with 5050 this morning.

I’ll give it til the weekend and if I don’t see any changes figure out a way to keep it cooler til it pins.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrMong

Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: A.k.a]
    #26716639 - 06/03/20 12:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Really interesting tubs AKA. I just ordered some king LI and am planning to do these in monotubs, so will following this thread!

--------------------
Flick and Nip

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: MrMong]
    #26728611 - 06/08/20 10:21 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So far nothing’s happening. It’s only been 13 days since I spawned though so I’m not sure if this is normal.

The myc hasn’t grown into the casing at all, I keep expecting pins each morning.

I’ve been keeping the temp in the 70s, I want to put it in the fridge to see if that helps but I also really want to know if it’ll pin as is.

I’ll probably wait another week or so before cold shocking it. Seems like that should be plenty of time if it was gonna pin without it.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26728766 - 06/08/20 11:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

G/L :thumbup:

I'm guessing it's gonna take a cold shock.  Will be interesting to see if it pins without one though.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineParasoul
Stranger

Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: Forrester]
    #26731598 - 06/09/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

When I came home last weekend, the small tub that I cased 5 days before and left outside in the shed looked as if first small pins are showing at the surface. There are also some sidepins visible - I hope they don't develop better than those on top...

And the large tub that was spawned at the same day as the samll one looked like that:

I cased it on sunday evening and put it in the shed for this week.

All other tubs are colonizing well, but until sunday evening the mycelium on the surface showed no thickening of the mycelium and was still whispy, but very even.

Still trying to keep my expectations under control, but optimism is definitely growing... :smile:

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26731606 - 06/09/20 02:24 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Nice!

I think I’m gonna need to drop my temps, mines been cased over a week I think.

I’m glad you posted cuz I’m not sure what exactly I’m looking for since it’s my first one.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (06/09/20 02:27 PM)

Offlinemarvins
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#26799765 - 07/02/20 04:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:rolleyes: Did it fruit?

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: marvins]
    #26799798 - 07/02/20 04:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Ehhh. Lol. Sorta.

After a few days in the fridge it started making these blob things so I took it out but it stopped again after a couple days. I’ll post a pic in a little.

I literally just split a quart of spawn in half into two jars, cased it with coir, let it colonize and put them in the fridge this morning. Gonna see if being cold the whole time helps.

I’m not even positive it’s king oyster since it’s never been fruited.

This is how it looked when I took it out of the fridge, it got way bigger but then stopped.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26799839 - 07/02/20 04:52 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

is it just me or does it look really dry?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26799845 - 07/02/20 04:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It could’ve been I eased up on mist while it was in the fridge since there’s no fae.

That was like a week and a half ago though.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26799857 - 07/02/20 05:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah it's hard to tell for sure but I think those were pins.  May have dried up.  You can always bury it and get a surprise in the fall!  Summer is a really bad time to try and fruit kings, at least for me in my area... nearly impossible to get it cold enough.  In the winter I just set the bags on the floor by our sliding glass door and they're full of pins in a couple days.

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26799862 - 07/02/20 05:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I wish I could throw stuff outside and have it fruit.

It’s 108 with 5% humidity right now.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26799919 - 07/02/20 05:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yikes no wonder you're having trouble!

--------------------
-------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #26800629 - 07/03/20 02:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

yeah. oysters like 50-60 for pin formation and 55-65 for fruiting

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
    #26800823 - 07/03/20 06:44 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Ehhh. Lol. Sorta.

After a few days in the fridge it started making these blob things so I took it out but it stopped again after a couple days. I’ll post a pic in a little.

I literally just split a quart of spawn in half into two jars, cased it with coir, let it colonize and put them in the fridge this morning.

I tried them in the fridge for 3 nights, nothing. And now tossed.
Sooo, I'm on T4 and scored Aspen chips from the pet store, cheap too!
shavings 2:1 to coir dry weight, even though it's 85F here.
Maybe have the shoeboxes live in the fridge!

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Offlinemarvins
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: King oyster shoebox [Re: Inthepit]
    #26801381 - 07/03/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Im gratefull i live in 75% humidity and the sea regulate the temps, its really not that cold now in winter and summers dont get high either.

I think my room oscillates between 63 at winter cold nights and to 74 at summer days because it never gets direct sunlight.

OfflineParasoul
Stranger

#26832095 - 07/19/20 07:50 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys!

My King Oyster Shoeboxes finally produced some pretty good fruits and I hope there are some more coming! But I've had some difficult times trying to get these to fruit.

As I wrote, I cased them after full colonization and then put them outside in the shed for cold shocking. It had about 10 - 14°C during the night back then. After one week in the shed I put the best looking tubs, which where showing some small pins at the time, back inside the greenhouse in my room. I left two tubs in the shed, which looked a bit suspicius - one of them was not cased at all, because it had a metabolite eruption in the middle of the tub that formed a crater-like hole and I was afraid I wouldn't recognize if its contaminating if i cased it.

After about 2 weeks of misting and fannig the tubs in my indoor-greenhouse nothing really developed - quite the oppisite happened: the pins stalled and some where even absorbed by the mycelium again.
But then I took a look at the pretty much neglected tubs in the shed and saw that they have developed much better than those inside and had pins all over the surface. So I took all tubs back in the shed again about two weeks ago. The first week I kept them closed and soon pins showed up and looked pretty promising again!

The last week I misted the tubs slightly two times a day. I kept them closed during the day to prevent them from drying out and open during the night so that they could get more fresh air. I live in central europe and the temperatures here were pretty cold for this time of the year. We've had approx. about 10°-12°C at night and around 20°-23°C during the days, with not much sun at all and occasional rainshowers at night- and daytime.

I don't think that it is due to any special "tek" that this seem to be a success, but that I was rather lucky with the temperature circumstances. The moral of the story seems to be: never give up a stalled but unconatminated grow - try to change the environment! King Oysters can be grown on nothing but coco coir/verm by pretty much any lucky noob out there - and I am a blessed one! :smile:

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26832460 - 07/19/20 12:23 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Those look great, that one younger tub has some monsters forming in that cluster.

Same thing happened for me, I put the shoebox in the fridge til it pinned then moved it and it stalled out. It’s actually still sitting on a shelf hasn’t changed lol.

I took a quart of spawn and split it into jars and added coir on top. I put them in the fridge til they pinned and then started putting them in the growroom under lights during the day and back in the fridge at night.

So far so good, I think this system works for summer. Really I’m just happy to finally confirm the culture is kings.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineParasoul
Stranger

#26836042 - 07/21/20 12:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

That looks very promising, dude! Keep up your scedule and I'm shure they will grow further!

My tubs are exploding at the moment - I'm sooooo f***in thankful and happy, I'm out of words!!
Also the bags I did on supplemented sawdust & woodchips as a control grow are doing excellent!
This is King Oyster's paradise!

:laugh: :smile: :laugh:

Edited by Parasoul (07/21/20 12:53 PM)

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26836052 - 07/21/20 12:53 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Nice!

Did you do some just coir too??

Which are which in the pictures?

Some of those look crazy, I’ve never seen them with the skinny stem and bigger caps. They almost look like regular mushrooms lol.

Mine are starting to get bigger and get some color in the caps now.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck