Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestara
addict

Mushrooms and diarrhea
    #2672764 - 05/13/04 10:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

As I eat freq mushrooms in small dosages like 2 gr wet a day to keep balance(sorry I know you'll say it's sth spiritual and must be taken in special times for enlightment,however that's my solution for my life,anyway...)so I realized it speeds up the functions of the human being and dependent on this your intestines work faster so you end up like a situation similar to diarrhea .Has anyone had any expriences on this topic to share?
Thanks! :wink:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Mushrooms and diarrhea [Re: stara]
    #2672772 - 05/13/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

mushrooms are very fibery, diarrhea is weird, usually should do the opposite like metameucil (sp?) that's what i thought by balanced at first actually you know to keep you "regular" :tongue: :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2672826 - 05/13/04 11:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You have serotonin (5HT) receptors in your GI-tract, which is why some people feel nauseous after ingesting mushrooms/LSD. It is also why some people have, upper and lower, GI-tract disturbances as a side-effect of SSRI use.

Everybody is slightly different in their neuro-protein make-up, and neuronal architecture, due to genetics, fetal development, and environmental factors, so my guess would be, that the 5HT receptors in your lower GI-tract are particularly sensitive to psilocin/psilocybin, and that is causing the situation.

--------------------

Offlinestara
addict

Re: Mushrooms and diarrhea [Re: Papaver]
    #2672847 - 05/13/04 11:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Actually I normally see psilocin/psilocybin as a wonder that regulates my mood in daily life .Even by small dosages like 2grs wet I can realize the change of my mood.I think junkys(opiate addicts) realize the change of mood better than normal people because they go down and they know better what's down and what's high.My normal friends don't know themselves whether they're high or down.It's like my mother I gave her a little piece of mushie and she didn't recognize the change of herself .I'm sure she knew sth happened but what and why.;.related with consciousness ...Mushies also speeds up the illness process related with opiates when quiting them.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2672880 - 05/13/04 11:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ah, well therein lies the issue...

Sparing my own personal stories, it is highly possible to screw up the opiate receptors in the lower GI-tract, as to induce a sort of long-term diarrhea, which can last many years after the discontinuation of opiates.

My guess would be that the alteration of the normal distribution and function of the opiate receptors in the lower GI-tract, has possibly made you hypersensitive to the activity of the 5HT receptors in the lower GI-tract.

Although, every individual will be different, it's not unheard of for ex-junkies to have some major, ongoing, regulatory issues south of the border, and to be hypersensitive to certain things because of long-term alteration of certain regulatory neuro-systems...

--------------------

Offlinestara
addict

Re: Mushrooms and diarrhea [Re: Papaver]
    #2673211 - 05/13/04 01:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wow!You're the man Papaver!:thumbup:That's exactly my case.Once I started playin with my mind very unconsciously but now I use these things to regulate my life by takin the usefull items off them;)I hope I do it right but we'll learn it better after a few decades.Well I can say I'm not regretful of anything I did in the past and now it looks like I do it right.Anyway,I keep usin codeine stimes to get into  my subconsciousness like the Middle Ages poets for artistic purposes (music,writing).And for diarrhea if necessary :cool:And I realized your Neil Young now for the first time :smile:isn't he Ian Anderson  in the picture  though?

Offlinestara
addict

#2673221 - 05/13/04 01:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Nope he really looks like Ian Anderson!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience