Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1632702 - 06/14/03 03:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit...wow.  It is awesome that you've experienced that, but it sounds sort of scary.  (hehe...maybe that is just because I'm a newbie! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: MOTH]
    #1633073 - 06/14/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

An ounce of dried shrooms would be... extremely... fun?

lol, the most I ever ate was 8.5 grams of dried P. cubensis. Could barely finish them even with orange juice.. The trip was INSANE.. my buddy was on 8.5 grams too, and we were fucking around with his tv (god knows why) and it almost fell off its stand onto the floor.. Anyway, my friend started to panic (he was on 8.5 :P ) and he said we had to go out somewhere and come back and fix his TV when we were more sober. Anyway, me being totally mangled stood up and walked up a flight of stairs. I forgot my shoes and walked back down, then I puked :/

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1633325 - 06/14/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I did around 8 grams of some very potent shrooms once... It was insanely divine and beautiful for a couple hours and then in an instant it turned into a living hell that took me weeks to recover from!

I think things began to get sketchy when I stopped believing in gravity and began throwing furniture at the ceiling...

Edited by Grav (06/14/03 02:56 PM)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Grav]
    #1633790 - 06/14/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I did around 8 grams of some very potent shrooms once... It was insanely divine and beautiful for a couple hours and then in an instant it turned into a living hell that took me weeks to recover from!

I think things began to get sketchy when I stopped believing in gravity and began throwing furniture at the ceiling...

That would do it. Lol. So how long did it tae you to realize gravity was real again?

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: shakta]
    #1633971 - 06/14/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The most I've dosed was 9.5 grams (dried) of cubensis (Mazatapec strain.)

It took over 3 hours for the trip to start but boy when it took off it really took off.  For the come-on phase I was just jamming to Goa...but about an hour into it...I started to get REALLY sick and skitzed out feeling.  So I ran into the bathroom to puke.  This was the only part of the trip that was unpleasant.  It got to the point where I was annoyed at how hard I was tripping without achieving ego loss.  After getting sick, however, I drew a bath and soaked in it for a few hours and I achieved ego loss and the remainder of the trip when I "returned" was absolute bliss and pure calm abiding.

Two cool things that helped me endure the intense nausea and chills while I was sick during the peak were visuals I kept having.  Right before I puked, I kept seeing a black shadow over everything in my field of vision (like the demons in the movie Ghost as a good reference).  Any time I'd shift my gaze/perception, the damned shadows would be dancing all over everything I would see.  As I was drawing the bath to soak in, the water kept changing colors; ie the entire tub's worth of water would first be clear, then it just became blue (translucent, like freezer pops), then green, then back to clear...as if someone was switching a light switch on and off to make the colors change.

The only other aspect of the trip I didn't like (because I had never encountered it on a psychedelic before...not even 20 drops of good LSD) was a bizarre sense of not recognizing anything in my perceptions.  I don't mean synesthesia (sp?)...but it was just a very demented detachment and loss of understanding that I had never before, nor since, encountered on shrooms.  It spooked me a little since it was a new experience.

As I layed in the tub I simply began to meditate to help calm my nerves down; I was quite upset at myself for getting sick (was home alone, and it was like 1am when I started peaking).  As I began my meditation, my consciousness literally squared itself.  (don't ask for a better description.  hehe)  In the past on ten-strips of LSD, I could entertain multiple trains/lines of though simultaneously...and in each case they would all retain their distinct realities...but on this high dose of cubensis, it was as if ALL meaning/metaphor from ALL possible trains of thought began to merge psychically/psychologically and instead of my perceptions being the ego that established the ownership of those perceptions, I began to simply BE all those realites at once but in four distinct "groups" of experience.  The last thing I remember before detaching into egoloss was a kaleidescopic mental image (my eyes were closed once I started meditating) of time and space simply dissolving into "the oneness of us."  (again, can't explain that any better either)

When I came back about an hour later, I was in such a beautiful state of calm abiding.  It was as close to the "clear light" that Tibetan meditation describes that I've ever come on a psychedelic drug.  Everything was simply in its purest form and I saw through the veils my mind was casting on all my perceptions.  It was at this point that I started an analytical meditation on some emotional issues I had with my Mother (she became very ill last summer) and without getting too personal, I'll just say that I finally came to accept my Mother for the wonderful person that she is; regardless that she doesn't fully accept me.

Once I could move my body again (whenever I experience egoloss with shrooms I always first lose the sense to move or connect with my physical body) I put on some Tibetan singing bowls I have on CD and simply enjoyed the rest of the trip until it was over.

It was a hellish peak; mainly cause I hate to get sick in the first place and to get that sick to your stomach while tripping that hard is just annoying to have to endure.  But once I puked and settled into the trip...it was simply amazing.

I don't know if I'd ever endure that type of peak again to get to the rest of the trip that was great...but I'm very glad I had the experience.  My best advice, especially if you're not experienced at dosing shrooms at high levels, is to definitely have a sober sitter with you.  Just to help you ground yourself if your perceptions get too scattered by the shrooms.  If you have experience in meditation and achieving single-point states of mind or egoloss, then high doses of shrooms will not be scary at all.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineCujllickduo
Male

Loc: England Flag
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Boppity604]
    #26724127 - 06/06/20 01:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

This is how I see magic mushrooms best.

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Cujllickduo]
    #26726325 - 06/07/20 11:25 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

There was an old story online about a dude who took 40g dried, I think. Couldn't find it just now though.

--------------------

OfflineInfraredRick
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Midwest, USA
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #26726578 - 06/07/20 12:59 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Seems disrespectful to abuse mushrooms. Incredible lessons can be learned in high doses but to double or triple breakthru, well, don't be surprised if you receive penalty for arrogance.

--------------------
Inspiration move me brightly.[gradient:#C7C7D4,#CFD4C7]y[/gradient]

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #26726991 - 06/07/20 04:23 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

You’re probably referring to Kilindhi Iyi. He passed away a couple of months back, bless his soul.

DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: InfraredRick]
    #26727001 - 06/07/20 04:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If you know what you’re getting into, yes, it would be ridiculous. But I started tripping pre-internet, when all the information available was Aldous Huxley The Doors of Perception, and peer pressure. We had no idea that a carrier bag full of wet liberty caps was too much :eek:

I suffere 30 years of existential distress afterwards though :eek:

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineBrotherDekatessera
Stranger
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26958168 - 09/27/20 11:53 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

deleted. glitch post

Edited by BrotherDekatessera (09/27/20 11:54 PM)

OfflineBrotherDekatessera
Stranger
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: InfraredRick]
    #26958169 - 09/27/20 11:55 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

InfraredRick said:
Seems disrespectful to abuse mushrooms. Incredible lessons can be learned in high doses but to double or triple breakthru, well, don't be surprised if you receive penalty for arrogance.

thats absurd.

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26958605 - 09/28/20 10:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
If you know what you’re getting into, yes, it would be ridiculous. But I started tripping pre-internet, when all the information available was Aldous Huxley The Doors of Perception, and peer pressure. We had no idea that a carrier bag full of wet liberty caps was too much :eek:

Those must have been fun times. For me taking drugs is like 50% reading about it on the internet. Harm reduction, expectation management.

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I suffere 30 years of existential distress afterwards though :eek:

Seriously? Do you think that trip had a detrimental impact on your life?

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Edited by funky123 (09/28/20 10:41 AM)

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Zone 5
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: funky123]
    #26958820 - 09/28/20 01:23 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

40+ P. Cyan in a quiet comfortable place. I'm still here. I still shit in the morning, pay bills, and get wrapped up in it. Looking forward to dying one day but not hasty about it at all.

Unforgettable for sure. I think that describing trips by "level" is good for beginners.

That was the most for me. Several great oz+ cube sessions that were also grand. These days I like about 10-12. It's a well rounded therapeutic experience.

--------------------
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” – Frances Hardinge

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Nichrome]
    #26958972 - 09/28/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Assuming you're talking about dried mushrooms, I feel like taking a whole ounce at once is kind of a waste of mushrooms.

Most psychonauts agree that 5 dried grams is a quite powerful experience.

An ounce is almost 30 grams. What would you rather have? One 30-gram experience that blows your mind, or six 5-gram experiences that all blow your mind?

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Nonagon Infinity]
    #26959050 - 09/28/20 04:19 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I tripped a whole day once by re dosing. I made a 2g tea then as I was coming down I made another 2g tea and I did another 1g tea and I tripped for a good portion of the day but I did puke at the end of it all lol

I couldn’t imagine doing that much but I’m a small person and I only really cultivate apes or pe variety

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020:mushroom2:

Edited by CrashTest (09/28/20 04:19 PM)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #26959328 - 09/28/20 07:19 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
There was an old story online about a dude who took 40g dried, I think. Couldn't find it just now though.

I think I read the report on erowid and the person was camping alone in the wilderness too. I read it a long time ago.

--------------------

InvisibleStaples
Stranger
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26959497 - 09/28/20 09:56 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I can't imagine a full ounce. My highest was 12 grams and it was absolutely mind shattering. I'm glad I had the experience but the intensity was somewhat traumatizing afterwards. The human brain is not equipped to deal with 6 months of emotional processing in a single day. Maybe I'll get brave and go back up there again eventually

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Staples]
    #26959832 - 09/29/20 07:43 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

5 grams is the 1st I've done, and only twice a few years apart. The 1st time it was from a grow I did in MS back in 2003. Then I did it again a couple of years later. I don't feel like I would ever do that much again. 2.5-3.5 grams seems like a real good place to me.

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Nonagon Infinity]
    #26959879 - 09/29/20 08:20 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Assuming you're talking about dried mushrooms, I feel like taking a whole ounce at once is kind of a waste of mushrooms.

Most psychonauts agree that 5 dried grams is a quite powerful experience.

An ounce is almost 30 grams. What would you rather have? One 30-gram experience that blows your mind, or six 5-gram experiences that all blow your mind?

Have to agree. After a certain point mushrooms would take a person to full-on hyperspace as DMT does which is infinity or light speed.

I doubt you would need to go anywhere near that high to break the light barrier. I would guess it would be around ten grams of good shrooms, though it might well be a lot lower than that especially in a sensitized individual who is already attuned to the spirit realm.

I think anyone wanting to experience the extremes of the psychedelic experience should stick to DMT/Anahuasca which is far safer psychologically than crazy doses of mushrooms (or LSD) for a number of reasons (one being that it leaves part of ones rational mind relatively intact) but the main one being a much shorter duration.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals