Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Hunting problem!
    #2672338 - 05/13/04 04:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guy's just thought I would share this with ya!

Ok,when I first found my field,I met one of the owners.He advised me that"He didnt care what I did",but,that"I needed to watch out for so and so,and as I was leaving,I found this man's wallet(no money,just his license and ss card).I kept it,thinking that if I saw him again I would return it.Well,I have been back several times and havent seen anybody,and I always carry his wallet with me-as added security in case I'm stopped by someone other than him.
Well,I attemtpted to go back to my field the other day and saw an ugly sight-two Sherrifs dept trucks and two wildlife management trucks and also the two trucks he told me to watch out for,were blocking the entrance to this field.I immediately assumed they had some not so intellegent shroomers cornered in there somewhere,so I left and havent been back yet!Fucking sucks!
Anyhow,I have attempted to contact this man via the internet and the local phonebook-to no avail.So that leaves me one option,go to his residence and attempt to return his belongings,but he no longer lives there.
Should I just keep it with me and go back to my field and pick,and if  he shows up,give it to him,but if I get caught by the "others"
I could use this as an advantage to pick,"Partial Permission"is better than "no permission" right?
I know this guy uses this property to camp and hunt but I havent been back since I saw the "law" there.
I really want to hunt this field,but I am at a dilema-risking getting caught and having to wait to verify my "permission".Or even something worse-like getting shot with rock salt or something(YES they do that shit for kicks here in Florida!")
Any one have any advice on what I should do?
Maybe I'll just take my chances-I dont hunt this field like shroomers without permission-I hunt it in braod-open daylight!I have permission(Partial).
I'm just trying to avoid a major situation.
Any Idea's,Hunters?

:confused:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: doc34]
    #2672675 - 05/13/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I would suggest that you don't hunt in the field.  There is a lot of unwanted attention that you don't need to be dealing with.  There would have to be a thousand  mushrooms there for me to even entertain the idea.  What kind of shrooms are you finding there?  Just curious.  Happy trails.  :smile:

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #2672706 - 05/13/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Such a disgusting waste of cops resources, busting people picking mushrooms - oh no what criminals...

Invisible1Badfish
 User Gallery
    #2672802 - 05/13/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You seem to be one of the more intelligent members of this site, mabye you could carry some back up evidence such as a list in your wallet of the guys info and attempts to contact such as his old adress marked out like you have been honestly searching for this guy. Mabye directions to his former residence? I don't know if that's a solution, just a suggestion as backup evidence. Good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2672856 - 05/13/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well.. as soon as i'd see the coppers i'd never go back to that field, basically..

On my way here to the library i noticed that a field i used to go to is finally producing Cubensis..i usually drive by it everyday and have been seeing little splotches of Panaeolus antillarum, and today the Cubensis have appeared before my very eyes as i drive by and see their Golden caps shining against the Sun and projecting their shape and color into my eyes..i spotted about 6, all in the open field, perfect shrooms, perfect weather, not even wet and rainy outside, just sunshine, strong caps, Gold caps, potent caps, too gold and too sunny for any bugs to be in those; open field shrooms, under the sun, no rain, no humidity, strong caps, perfect caps..inside of a field that is a high risk area to be trespassing; sure i used to pick that field, a beautiful pasture, a Cubensis pasture, i never found many Copelandia's in that field, just Cubes; i used to go there and pick it regularly, but then other shroomers (lots of young kids) found it to produce shrooms, and i bumped into a few of them there, stirring up trouble, they told me the farmer nailed a couple of their friends with a salt-pellet.. usually when i see other shroomers in a field, it's time for me to go to another field where nobody knows about (except me); i remember going back to that field a few weeks later after meeting those kids, and as i was picking along the treeline i saw two coppers in their cars along the adjacent highway, staring at me with binoculars..fking waiting for me..so :smile: i took a cool and slow walk into the tree cover, until i couldn't see the coppers anymore, and then fking booked as fast as i could through some tricky terrain (including a cow-slough up to my waist in water)..i got out, dropped my camera and shrooms in a good hiding spot that i could return to get them, and walked to my truck (in a medical building parking lot); a copper then drove by along the road, flashed his lights for a second, and kept driving.. i got off the hook i suppose; i never went back in there since, and the bag of shrooms i took home was definately not worth the world of trouble that copper could have possibly decided to put me in....... them Cubies i saw shining in the Sun on my way over here sure look tasty (even from a distance while driving 40mph along the road); i saw them though, and they brightened my day to see them, in my belly or not i still saw them, i've picked shroom fields enough to positively identify Cubensis and Panaeolus antillarum from a distance like that..the shape and size and color and vibrancy of those mushroom species is embedded into my head so well, and also the feeling i get in my stomach when i see a Cubensis from a distance.... be careful doc :sun: and i'll do the same :smile: i could really use a handful of nice fat and robust Golden juicy potent Cubensis caps man.. :smile: they (the Cubensis) call for me sometimes, they want me to pick them more than i want to pick them..they pull me into the field sometimes..like i'm dreaming a foggy dream, and the dream opens up into a clearer reason for me the second my foot lands on the other side of the fence..it always makes me smile, :chuckles: i'm halfway stubbornly addicted to trespassing also,, and i just can't figure out why.. i spotted those Cubes though, i know where they are, and i could find them no problem in the dark even..yeah,,i haven't done a nighthunt in a long time..i could grab at least 3 good fresh doses worth in under 3 minutes in that field in the dark..i'd really like to have just a few ounces of juicy large psilocybe caps in my hands, and take them home and share them with someone, tonight.

Keep shroomin

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #2673017 - 05/13/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Don't know if your aware of this, but anytime you find a wallet with ID in it, you can drop it in a post office box, and it will get delived to the address on the ID.
Peace~!
iluan

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2676922 - 05/14/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you will take a look at my first post-"I found some"-Then you will know why I still want to hunt this field!
But as of now,I'm not hunting it.

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: faslimy]
    #2676925 - 05/14/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: 1Badfish]
    #2676927 - 05/14/04 05:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for the compliment!
I carry this back-up!I did that the day I found it,as added insurance! :cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2676928 - 05/14/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

GG?
How did you read my mind?My thoughts exactly! :cool:

--------------------

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: iluan]
    #2676935 - 05/14/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I thought of that also,but,,,,,
I think that if I carry it with me along with the added insurance and if I did get caught in there,I think I would just get warned,I did have partial permission from him.
But if I went back to that field without that "insurance",I would not stand a chance of getting by with it,ya know?
So if I keep it and take it with me,I can try to explain to them that I was returning it.When I mean get caught,I dont mean get caught with a bag full of mushrooms,lol
I dont really know what to do,I havent been back to it since,but I may go this weekend,as I know he usually camps out there on weekends,and I may just return it and ask for full permission.I dont have anything to lose except pounds upon pounds of Psilocybe Cubensis! :cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDistrancia
Hermit of TheRiver

Loc: Orleans
Re: Hunting problem! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2681382 - 05/15/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
i took a cool and slow walk into the tree cover, until i couldn't see the coppers anymore, and then fking booked as fast as i could through some tricky terrain (including a cow-slough up to my waist in water)..i got out.

Fucking beautiful execution if I do say:D

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: Distrancia]
    #2717557 - 05/23/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well after contemplating giving back this guy's wallet,I decided to call the actual landowner.
I did,and I actually asked for permission to cross their property to get to a fishing pond and guess what?

I GOT PERMISSION!!!!!!!!

So now I will be posting my finds again from this field!

Sometimes it does pay to ask for permission.
As for the guy's wallet?I'll give it to him when I see him there,I have no use(insurance)for it now!

I now have permission to be in two fields,one is a cow field,and one is a horse pasture,so I should be posting some decent finds soon!!

:cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJoeyBond
 User Gallery

#2725079 - 05/24/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

damn how often have you asked for permission from people and what excuses do you use, are you a fellow mycologist? do you ask bluntly what kind of mood should you be in like a church boy lol? its funny thou cause i used to tresspass alot when i was a teenager but now since im 24 or so i think not 2 times but 3 times is it really worth it lol, any how hey i posted some stuff on this forum, but no one has answered it, would be nice to meet people on here that are smart and that could give me encouragement for this might be what i want to study in college

JoeyBond hey by the way how do you get to add a pict at the bottom of this and how do you put a pict to the side?

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: JoeyBond]
    #2725561 - 05/24/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

>damn how often have you asked for permission from people
Everytime something makes me paranoid and not wanting to go back to the field(trespassing anyway),lol
>what excuses do you use,
Well,you know about the one.
As for the horse pasture?It's a trail riding outfit that has free range horses(running loose),they have a sign out front(advertisement),with a phone number on it that say's "call for an appointment".So I called and  was greeted by a very nice lady.I was very well mannered in my approach(lol).I asked her,since I have a small garden behind my house,Would you be so kind to sell me some manure for fertilizer? She said they didnt sell their manure because the horses are free range and they dont make compost piles of the manure like most places do,but I was more than welcome to come on over and pick(Magic word)up all I needed.So I said thanks and made arrangements for me to get up there before she changed her mind,and I was in my truck(yes truck)and gone.When I got there we met,a rough looking woman but attractive none-the-less,cowboy boots,hat,and a big ol'chaw of "REDMAN" stuck off in her left cheek!lol!!
She showed me where they set the bails of hay and said that I could take all of this I wanted.THEN I moved in!!!I kinda looked stupified at her and scratched my head and said"well,Ma'am,if you don't mind,I reckon I could just pick up some of them fresh droppings,if'ins ya don't mind and all,I surely can use them much better in my garden as I makes my own compost to keeps out all them nasty critters ya see crawlin around on their(horse)droppings.lol
Then,my magic hit her hard,as she looked at me stupified and scratched her head and spit some kind of ungodly looking crap out of her mouth(it was jet black and thick)say's"To be a 'Country boy' you sure are cute.Help yourself,watch out for that electric fence on the south end,it'll nab ya,and make sure you close all the gates you open and hell close the ones you didn't,I might have forgotten one."she giggles a childish giggle,and say's "nice ta meet cha,and come on bak if'in ya needen anymore!"and she kicks that off with a wink and a tip of the hat and out comes that ungodly shit she has stored in her cheeks!Putooui!
That was my cue to get out of her 'spraying range' so I grabbed a bucket and went to pickin!I didn't pick any shrooms,I picked up fresh piles of manure to be used at a later date, but,I left all of the old manure,especially the ones that had some mycelia showing inside and under them.Remembered those spots with my photographic memory along with two frightening pictures of a farm womans projectile spewing rituals!Loaded up my freshly picked manure,got in my truck,backed up.closed my eyes and smiled and said "Thanks again Ma'am,I'll come back if'in ya don't mind,from time to time,and pick up another bucket or two,I appriciate your hospitality" She winked,and outcome that ungodly shit again!!!I just about exploded with laughter at this point,as she said"Have a goodern!" then she tossed up her hand and tipped her hat and out come that ungodly shit again,I waved and I was Gone!!!

I just had to share that.I'm going back after it rains,and if she asked how come I use so much,hehehehe,I'll tell her, "Yes'em Ma'am it works alot better if you get it after it rains." :blush:

She chewed REDMAN,was around early 30's,long black hair,awesome butt,legs,chest,face----omg outcomes that ungodly substance and as it hits the ground it takes the beauty with it-Splat!

I love this Hobby! :smile:
I wouldnt consider myself a mycologist,though.

--------------------

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #2725594 - 05/24/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, you met my mom, cool.
/runs away cackling like a madman

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: iluan]
    #2726902 - 05/25/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Awwww carn doc, surely you made that up, paaardner ?!?!? lmao

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunting problem! [Re: suboriginal]
    #2726938 - 05/25/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have no way of proven that story except that I give you my word that its 100% true,I might not have quoted it word for word,but,that's the way it happened and that's what was said(basically).I still laugh when I tell people too!

Hey if there was a 'spittin' contest,that Lady would win by a long shot!!!lol

I am originally from tennessee(28 years of it)so my accent played right in to the scenario.I think that's what made her act like that too! Ya recon?lol

She was a very attractive woman,

until she opened her mouth and out come that ungodly black funk!lmao

What a man has to go through just to get permission!

p.s. I just wonder,most people smoke after sex right(if you smoke),but man I don't think I could handle a woman reaching for a pouch of RedMan and a spit cup after having sex! :crazy:
:smile:

--------------------

Edited by doc34 (05/25/04 09:08 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate