Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Injection Ports, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinededa_mraz
Stranger

Loc: Siberia
Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Root454]
    #26682750 - 05/20/20 07:40 AM (2 months, 16 days ago)

This guy inoculated in his kitchen, after cleaning it for hours :smile:,
and it worked. Read it if you still want to go that route:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18099483

But he used liquid culture, which colonizes much faster than spore syringe. Spore syringe will have more problems with contaminations. It's always a race with time... But it should be possible outside a glovebox.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIzzamagic
Stranger
Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Pdub] * 1
    #26683522 - 05/20/20 02:50 PM (2 months, 16 days ago)

I think you will at least have limited success if you clean a bathroom to work in and flame sterilize the needle right before poking the injection ports. I would expect a couple jars out of every 5 to squeeze it depending on the cleanliness of the spore syringe! Definitely preferable to work in a SAB and start on agar though. All depends on how invested you are and if you plan to do it again in the future

OfflinePdub
Stranger
Male

Loc: pluto
Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Izzamagic]
    #26689336 - 05/22/20 10:44 PM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Just made some agar and poured 20 petri dishes for the first time.... correction, bout 13 because i couldnt see very well and kept lifting up and pour on top of next lid instead of inside dish!!!  Waiting for it to cool and harden, got spore syringe waiting.  Will wash up again and go back into sab and noc them up.  Will finish up by cling wrapping them and mark with tape.  Storing in a rather warm house for a couple of days while gone.. maybe 80 degrees... when i get back in 3 days it will be back to 74 degrees f.  Hope i was as clean as possible... had hard time opening petri dish bag and created a bit of a stir in SAB... crossing fingers :smile:

OfflinePdub
Stranger
Male

Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Pdub]
    #26689346 - 05/22/20 10:49 PM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Should I store the inoculated petri dishes in the fridge or at room temp?
EDIT: nvm easy search, will store at room temp

Edited by Pdub (05/23/20 12:45 AM)

OfflineIzzamagic
Stranger
Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Pdub]
    #26689723 - 05/23/20 05:58 AM (2 months, 13 days ago)

you may see contams pouring in a sab. consider no pour methods like pasty plates

OfflinePdub
Stranger
Male

Re: new member/first time cultivator [Re: Izzamagic]
    #26720424 - 06/04/20 10:12 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

so it has been 14 days since making dishes and inoculating with ms syringe.  3 of the 20 dishes definitely have some contam growing, rest of the dishes have nothing.  no mycelium on all 20.  Also inoculated 1 grain jar with same syringe 4 days prior.  the rye berry jar has finally shown growth but has barely grown since when I first saw 5 days ago.  my agar recipe is 10g agar agar and 10 g LME per a little over 400ml distilled water (PCed of course).  I ordered the smaller petri dishes by accident 60mm, 500 of them lol.  Just poured 40 more dishes.  I used the streak method with a loop, didn't let agar solidify enough and loop was swimming through the media as I zigged and zagged.  Walked away and waited a bit. washed up and went back inside SAB.  took a spore print to 3 more plates.  A gaming friend that has never done a spore print, sent me one in the mail!  Went back with MS syringe on 10 more plates and carefully dropped solution on them. hoping to see growth, maybe I can add yeast to my recipe to inhibit growth?  I have 6 sterilized jars that I preordered. after these are expired/used whatever comes first, I will be using grain soak water for my agar recipe.  This takes patience but happy to at least see some mycelium in grain jar, really cool to look at in person!  Also im in desert climate(super dry)- am afraid when I get to fruiting process and also these jars I have now if they are drying out and going bad.  if anyone has experience cultivating in desert climate, would love to hear some feedback/tips. Thanks!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Injection Ports, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started