Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26711266 - 06/01/20 11:12 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I don't think it makes any difference what Trump's exact words were. Some of his followers literally follow him blindly, and this is a dangerous situation.

Opposing him blindly (TDS) can also be dangerous.  Listen to you right now, basically saying you don't care if the papers lied to you about what Trump actually said.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions surged by 2000% in a week after Trump said whatever he said. Obviously the doctors who wrote the scripts are culpable as well. France just outlawed the drug. Do you have an alternative explanation other than Trump caused a large number of people to experiment with a dangerous drug?

Yes, and I explained it.  The mainstream media misrepresented what Trump said and tried to make this a "gotcha" moment by turning this into fake news.  What Trump actually said would have gone completely under the radar if he were an establishment politician.

France did not ban HCQ, by the way, that's also fake news.  It's been approved since 1955.  They only banned it as a treatment against COVID-19 until the clinical trials are completed, which seems to me how things should work.  :shrug:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
You don't know if Scarborough is a murderer, but there is no reason to think he is other than Trump said so.

Of course I don't know if he's a murderer; in fact, I doubt he is.  What I said was I'm surprised this didn't get investigated.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Your link says the doctor who performed the autopsy was unfit. It suggests that somebody could be guilty but provides no information on who might be.

And that's why investigations are done.  :cookiemonster:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Trump's argument was that it was obvious that Scarborough killed her because of the timing of his leaving congress. It isn't even a good theory, but considering the source, that's not surprising.

Can you please provide a quote of what Trump actually said, so we can determine if the mainstream media is tricking you again?  To the best of my knowledge, Trump never said "it was obvious that Scarborough killed her", what he did was tweet that there should have been an investigation.  Perhaps I missed the quote that you can copy for us?

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
There does not seem to be anyone else who thinks he did it.  This is just one in a long line of lunatic conspiracy theories started by Trump.

Huh?  There was a large movement back in 2004 to perform an investigation.  Even Michael Moore thought so.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
From here to the election we are all going to get to watch him get progressively crazier.

Or we'll see readers of mainstream news get progressively crazier.  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26711295 - 06/01/20 11:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It would be SO EASY to criticize Trump for all the bad things he's done, and Trump would take criticism from BOTH sides.

I think the establishment media pumps out fake news on purpose so we dodge these important topics and instead argue about silly things.  They're pros at keeping the public divided.

It's how they knocked out Bernie (they'd rather have Trump than Bernie), and it's why they keep giving Biden a pass on everything (they'd rather have Biden than Trump).

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26711347 - 06/01/20 11:56 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Can you please post Trump's exact quote?  I seem to recall what he said was HIGHLY taken out of context by the establishment media.  If anything, the mainstream media should be censored (actually I don't believe in censorship at all) for claiming Trump said things he actually didn't

Trump literally told people to “try it.” And “What do you have to lose.”

He said “it won’t kill you.”

Do you think we should censor medical advice from people with no medical training? Its illegal to market drugs for unapproved uses. Is that censorship?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (06/01/20 11:58 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods] * 1
    #26711362 - 06/01/20 12:03 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Of course I don't know if he's a murderer; in fact, I doubt he is.  What I said was I'm surprised this didn't get investigated.

You keep saying it wasn’t investigated, but they did. They did an autopsy and determined there was no foul play. You’re suggesting Scarborough be investigated for a crime that did not occur.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26711374 - 06/01/20 12:09 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
It would be SO EASY to criticize Trump for all the bad things he's done, and Trump would take criticism from BOTH sides.

I think the establishment media pumps out fake news on purpose so we dodge these important topics and instead argue about silly things.  They're pros at keeping the public divided.

It's how they knocked out Bernie (they'd rather have Trump than Bernie), and it's why they keep giving Biden a pass on everything (they'd rather have Biden than Trump).

It's almost like Russiagate distracted from the most serious issues (health care, wages, income inequality, US  military actions) surrounding the working class today!!

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26711376 - 06/01/20 12:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

France did not ban HCQ, by the way, that's also fake news.  It's been approved since 1955.  They only banned it as a treatment against COVID-19 until the clinical trials are completed, which seems to me how things should work.

Nobody is claiming they banned it for all uses. We’re discussing covid in this thread. Do we have to be explicit in every sentence or you call it fake news?

If you think the drug should not be used until the clinical trials are complete then why the fuck do you put so much effort in defending trump telling people they have nothing to lose by trying it?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26711481 - 06/01/20 01:04 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I don't think it makes any difference what Trump's exact words were. Some of his followers literally follow him blindly, and this is a dangerous situation.

Opposing him blindly (TDS) can also be dangerous.  Listen to you right now, basically saying you don't care if the papers lied to you about what Trump actually said

Listen to you right now. He said NOTHING about “the papers.” He’s talking about trump’s tweets. You’re lying about what Brian is saying. It’s not really surprising you engage in the kind of behavior you falsely accuse others of. You do it a lot.

You don’t need to read a paper to understand what trump was saying about scarborough, you just need to read his Twitter posts. I think Brian’s point is trump doesn’t explicitly accuse Scarborough of murder, but that is exactly what is implied in his tweets. Trump uses implied language because he gets his message across just as effectively, while still being able deny that he actually said it.

I mean, you think Scarborough should be investigated for murder now. I doubt you ever had that thought before trumps tweet. Now, you’ll probably say “I never said he should be investigated for murder.” No you didn’t. But that’s what you have implied. Maybe you should be more explicit like you want us to be when talking about french hydroxychloroquine bans. So, what EXACTLY should Scarborough be investigated for?

As for your premise that the media makes trump look worse than he is, I think to appreciate how bad trump truly is, you have to listen to trump unfiltered. The media misses a lot of it.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (06/01/20 01:14 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods]
    #26713970 - 06/02/20 12:36 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

I see a bunch of clips with no context, which is EXACTLY what I was talking about.  His quotes often come across very differently when context is added in.

Quote:

koods said:
You keep saying it wasn’t investigated, but they did. They did an autopsy and determined there was no foul play. You’re suggesting Scarborough be investigated for a crime that did not occur.

It wasn't a "they" it was a "he" who did the autopsy.  And "he" was a guy who had already lost his license to practice in Georgia.  And "he" came up with one theory for what might have happened.  There are other possibilities, of course, but you seem to believe (as always) that since Trump mentioned it, then it must be false (while at the same time you believe anything about Trump that is bad must be true - you're the LAST person who cares about evidence).

Quote:

koods said:
Nobody is claiming they banned it for all uses. We’re discussing covid in this thread. Do we have to be explicit in every sentence or you call it fake news?

The statement was "France just outlawed the drug."  To me that's WAY different than "France outlawed it as a treatment against COVID-19 until the clinical trials are completed."

Quote:

koods said:
If you think the drug should not be used until the clinical trials are complete then why the fuck do you put so much effort in defending trump telling people they have nothing to lose by trying it?

Where did I say people have nothing to lose by trying it?  Source, or make believe?

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Listen to you right now, basically saying you don't care if the papers lied to you about what Trump actually said

Listen to you right now. He said NOTHING about “the papers.” He’s talking about trump’s tweets. You’re lying about what Brian is saying. It’s not really surprising you engage in the kind of behavior you falsely accuse others of. You do it a lot.

Since he was misrepresenting Trump's tweets, I assumed he got if from the mainstream media, like you.  Rather than actually following Trump.

Quote:

koods said:
You don’t need to read a paper to understand what trump was saying about scarborough, you just need to read his Twitter posts. I think Brian’s point is trump doesn’t explicitly accuse Scarborough of murder, but that is exactly what is implied in his tweets. Trump uses implied language because he gets his message across just as effectively, while still being able deny that he actually said it.

I agree; that's why Trump feels there should have been an investigation.

Quote:

koods said:
I mean, you think Scarborough should be investigated for murder now. I doubt you ever had that thought before trumps tweet. Now, you’ll probably say “I never said he should be investigated for murder.” No you didn’t. But that’s what you have implied. Maybe you should be more explicit like you want us to be when talking about french hydroxychloroquine bans. So, what EXACTLY should Scarborough be investigated for?

I think the death in general should have been investigated, not just Scarborough.

And you're right, I didn't know about this before Trump brought it to my attention.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26713985 - 06/02/20 12:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It was investigated by the medical examiner just like all deaths of an unknown cause.

You simply do not want to acknowledge facts because you took a position and are incapable of accepting you are wrong.

But no we should definitely do another autopsy on someone who’s been dead for 19 years because the dear leader posted a bunch of bullshit lies. You are really turning into a trump Brownshirt.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (06/02/20 12:50 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26714063 - 06/02/20 01:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
It was investigated by the medical examiner just like all deaths of an unknown cause.

Source, or make believe?  Or do you mean by the guy who lost his license?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26714072 - 06/02/20 01:13 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

We’re done here

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26714091 - 06/02/20 01:21 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

We're always done when I ask you for a source.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26715916 - 06/03/20 06:24 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Opposing him blindly (TDS) can also be dangerous.  Listen to you right now, basically saying you don't care if the papers lied to you about what Trump actually said.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions surged by 2000% in a week after Trump said whatever he said. Obviously the doctors who wrote the scripts are culpable as well. France just outlawed the drug. Do you have an alternative explanation other than Trump caused a large number of people to experiment with a dangerous drug?

Yes, and I explained it.  The mainstream media misrepresented what Trump said and tried to make this a "gotcha" moment by turning this into fake news.  What Trump actually said would have gone completely under the radar if he were an establishment politician.

France did not ban HCQ, by the way, that's also fake news.  It's been approved since 1955.  They only banned it as a treatment against COVID-19 until the clinical trials are completed, which seems to me how things should work.  :shrug:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
You don't know if Scarborough is a murderer, but there is no reason to think he is other than Trump said so.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Your link says the doctor who performed the autopsy was unfit. It suggests that somebody could be guilty but provides no information on who might be.

And that's why investigations are done.  :cookiemonster:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Trump's argument was that it was obvious that Scarborough killed her because of the timing of his leaving congress. It isn't even a good theory, but considering the source, that's not surprising.

Can you please provide a quote of what Trump actually said, so we can determine if the mainstream media is tricking you again?  To the best of my knowledge, Trump never said "it was obvious that Scarborough killed her", what he did was tweet that there should have been an investigation.  Perhaps I missed the quote that you can copy for us?

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
There does not seem to be anyone else who thinks he did it.  This is just one in a long line of lunatic conspiracy theories started by Trump.

Huh?  There was a large movement back in 2004 to perform an investigation.  Even Michael Moore thought so.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
From here to the election we are all going to get to watch him get progressively crazier.

Or we'll see readers of mainstream news get progressively crazier.  :shrug:

The papers didn't lie to me about what Trump said. I read Trump's exact quotes. I refused to recite them back to you because I think the Scarborough conspiracy theory is idiotic beyond belief. Do you really think there is something to this story and the President of the United States can't get an investigation going?

The MSM certainly has an agenda to promote the interests of economic elites. Why exactly are they supposed to be covering for Joe Scarborough, murderer?

The MSM gets the story right a lot more often than Trump does. So who's delusional?

I'll take my chances trying to figure out for myself what's accurate in the news before I'll listen to this guy. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26716216 - 06/03/20 09:14 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brain Jones said:
Do you really think there is something to this story and the President of the United States can't get an investigation going?

Trump is going to dominate! He'll send out the troops and they'll sort this out.

Edited by falcon (06/03/20 12:24 PM)

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26716662 - 06/03/20 12:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dore is entertaining but he throws out so many half-truths and conspiracies as fact that it's really hard to take him seriously.

He did spit on alex jones though...

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: feevers] * 1
    #26716947 - 06/03/20 02:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Dore is entertaining but he throws out so many half-truths and conspiracies as fact that it's really hard to take him seriously.

He did spit on alex jones though...

Get more specific if you can, because I don't hear it. In fact, he will admit if he's going down a conspiracy theory road. The MSM doesn't ever do that, so that's a credit to him.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26717108 - 06/03/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
The papers didn't lie to me about what Trump said. I read Trump's exact quotes. I refused to recite them back to you because I think the Scarborough conspiracy theory is idiotic beyond belief.

That's kood's game.  We should look at the quotes to deteremine the full context.  Often times we find Trump quotes are taken out of context.  :shrug:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Do you really think there is something to this story and the President of the United States can't get an investigation going?

I don't, but there certainly should have been an investigation.  It's too late now, I think.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
The MSM certainly has an agenda to promote the interests of economic elites. Why exactly are they supposed to be covering for Joe Scarborough, murderer?

Joe Scarborough was a protected establishment politician who worked for the elites (and still does).

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
The MSM gets the story right a lot more often than Trump does. So who's delusional?

I call out the fake stories from both sides.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I'll take my chances trying to figure out for myself what's accurate in the news before I'll listen to this guy. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

We covered ALL those points already.

One of those "conspiracy theories" was about the Assad gassings.  As I've already pointed out, Jimmy Dore was right about that.
Quote:

A fourth OPCW whistleblower came out and said the OPCW report blaming Syria for the Douma chemical attacks was bogus

I realize a lot of you hate him because Jimmy doesn't go along with fake news that supports his own side (left leaning), but that's what I like about him.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (06/03/20 11:28 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26730216 - 06/08/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

And now Chris Hedges comes out against the censorship that the left has been cheering for...

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26730226 - 06/08/20 11:02 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Somebody should put a Biden sign on your lawn and see if you still think private entities shouldn’t be permitted to decide what content they want to allow.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #26731059 - 06/09/20 10:32 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Jimmy Dore is a 9/11 truther, dude.  How do you get around that?

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom