Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find * 1
    #26710437 - 06/01/20 06:18 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

https://www.jpost.com/judaism/first-known-evidence-of-cannabis-used-in-early-judaic-ceremony-found-629699

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03344355.2020.1732046?fbclid=IwAR2UQPwApRH8kDAowaYSC5Xx03_-wJHi9WU-57pSpA46S4KJfjCPS3wIF0o&

Quote:

MAY 31, 2020

The first evidence of cannabis being used by ancient Israelites has been discovered after researchers found well-preserved cannaboid residue on an altar of a shrine in an ancient Israelite temple, according to a study published in the Journal of the Institute of Tel Aviv University.

The cannaboid residue is indicative that Israelites used cannabis for religious ceremonies. Researchers recently discovered this after analyzing "unidentified dark material" found on one of two altars of the Judahite shrine in the ancient temple of Tel Arad in the Negev.

On the smaller of the two altars, residues of cannaboids teterahydrocannabinol (THC); cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) were found, together with residues attributed to animal dung, suggesting that the cannabis resin had been mixed with the dung to enable heating.

The presence of animal fat also found in the material implies that it was mixed with the cannabis resin to facilitate evaporation. On the second, larger altar, derivatives of frankincense were found. Although frankincense is well known as one of the key components of biblical incense, it had not been scientifically identified in a Levantine archaeological context.

The fortress mound of Tel Arad was originally excavated by Yonahan Ahroni on behalf of the Department of Archaeology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the early 1960's. Excavations found fortresses that dated from the 9th to the early 6th centuries BCE that guarded the Judahite kingdom's southern border, the era when the Babylonians conquered Jerusalem and destroyed the First Temple.

While the excavation of the temple began in the 1960's, it wasn't until recently that one of the residues found on the smaller alter was re-analyzed and identified as cannabis. In the 1960's the dark material found on the altar was submitted to the Hebrew University's Biochemistry Department, but results remained inconclusive.
Gad Avigad, who analyzed the material during the initial discovery, suggested that the material contained animal fat, implying that the altars could have been used for small-animal sacrificing. Most scholars assumed that the altars were used for incense burning, though no positive evidence of incense was ever found.

When the Arad shrine was excavated in 1963-1965, it was transferred to the Israel Museum. In 2007-2010, the archaeology wing of the museum was renovated, sparking a renewed interest in the shrine. These changes encouraged the new analysis of the organic material found on the altars with the hope that improved techniques would give a greater understanding of the materials used, as well as perhaps the rituals performed at the time.

A very small sample from each shrine was taken and preserved in aluminum foil. To ensure true results and minimize the possibility of cross-contamination during the process, sampling was independently repeated and analyzed both at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram.
The well preserved residues shed new light on the use of the Arad altars and on offerings in Judah during the Iron Age.

Researchers were surprised to discover the cannabis found on the altars. Arad provides the earliest evidence for the use of cannabis in the Ancient Near East. Hallucinogenic substances are known from various neighboring cultures, but this is the first known evidence of a hallucinogenic substance found in the Kingdom of Judah. It seems likely that cannabis was used at Arad as a deliberate psychoactive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #26710640 - 06/01/20 08:21 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Firstly, cannabis use in Israel has been strongly suggested for a long time now (perhaps mostly hash)

Second:
On the smaller of the two altars, residues of cannaboids teterahydrocannabinol (THC); cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) were found, together with residues attributed to animal dung, suggesting that the cannabis resin had been mixed with the dung to enable heating.

^that’s the old school method, precursor to blunts and bongs. How does this poop method work. Obv there were no lighters but there was fire

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26710803 - 06/01/20 09:54 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I guess you could say that was some really good shit! :smirk::laugh::rimshot:

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

InvisibleInvisible_Woe
 User Gallery

Loc: The fictional Takaramachi
Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: Fractal420]
    #26711282 - 06/01/20 01:19 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

This is a total guess but perhaps the dung was used to hold an ember? It's not difficult to imagine a couple ways to burn/smoke  weed or weed products with a big ol burning cherry.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
DCLXVI

Loc: north america
Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26714950 - 06/02/20 09:23 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I guess you could say that was some really good shit! :smirk::laugh::rimshot:

:kittylaugh: perfect

--------------------
by demons..be driven..beckon the call

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: Invisible_Woe] * 1
    #26715681 - 06/03/20 04:38 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
This is a total guess but perhaps the dung was used to hold an ember? It's not difficult to imagine a couple ways to burn/smoke  weed or weed products with a big ol burning cherry.

Instead of smoking, or inhaling directly from the animal fat, dung and cannabis mixture- I imagine that they would likely light the mixture not much different from any other incense that would be burnt for a ritual of ceremony. I imagine if you burnt enough of the stuff in a tiny area such as a small shrine room dofor prayer, the smoke from the incense would fill the room and anybody sensitive to cannabis(which would basically be everyone), I can imagine that thks could create a euphoria and a sense of a spiritual energy; especially if your highly trusted religious elder, preiest or chief told you so.

bunch of men sitting in a room, inhaling weed shit and getting litty af talking to God, and shit.

--------------------
:goat: "1234go was the type of kid that eats a bananna with two hands."

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Cannabis was used in ancient Israelite ceremony, researchers find [Re: TNK] * 1
    #26719866 - 06/04/20 07:58 PM (1 month, 18 hours ago)

There's been theories linking Cannabis to biblical 'Kaneh-bosm' as an admixture to the Old testament Holy Anointing Oil so this new discovery makes perfect sense.

CANNABIS IS THE TREE OF LIFE.

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Incense

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service