Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: OZZ] * 1
    #26741144 - 06/13/20 08:29 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

They make good snacks for “Henry” the flowerhorn though :grin:

Edited by OZZ (06/13/20 08:30 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAllium
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: OZZ]
    #26741948 - 06/13/20 04:33 PM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Quote:

OZZ said:
Nice Allium!

These are the little red wiggler Composting worms, so they will probably just stay in that soil until  I’m ready to reuse it lol

Exactly!

InvisibleAllium
 User Gallery

#26741952 - 06/13/20 04:35 PM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Quote:

OZZ said:
They make good snacks for “Henry” the flowerhorn though :grin:

I love Cichlids what kind is that?

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: Allium]
    #26747042 - 06/15/20 06:47 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Lol ya they are pretty badass. He is a flowerhorn :thumbup:

InvisibleAllium
 User Gallery

#26747056 - 06/15/20 06:53 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Right on! I used to catch all kinds of Cichlids when I lived in Florida!
He's super cool :cool:

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26780431 - 06/24/20 11:13 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Day 46 11/13

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: Funkytown
    #26780823 - 06/25/20 02:18 AM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Stacking up real nice! Probably going to be a 90 days of flower time?

--------------------

follow your dreams and stay asleep.
Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26781494 - 06/25/20 10:20 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I’m not entirely sure.... possibly 90 although I’ve seen growlogs that have taken them to 100-110 days even. It depends on the pheno type of which there are four in this line:

“In Killer A5 Haze we find 4 phenotypes:

- Haze dominant pheno: This phenotype is the one that shows the greatest Colombian sativa influence from the Haze A male, producing huge and beautiful colas with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, which mature with elegant and delicate reflowerings. Woody and incensed aromas of pure Haze. The resin production of this pheno is good, but not as extreme as in the following 3 phenotypes. Flowering time: 75-90 days.

- NL/Haze pheno: This pheno shows a greater indica influence from the Northern Lights, and therefore a smaller size, faster flowering and lower flower/leaf ratio. It is also the most faithful to the characteristics of the original A5 Haze mother, producing rounded and very resinous flowers with a silver appearance, which produces characteristic horn-shaped reflowerings at the end of flowering. Incensed, meaty (liver) and organic (petals of decaying flowers) aromas. Flowering time: 66-80 days.

- Haze/Malawi pheno: Sativa dominant and well balanced pheno in terms of displaying characteristics from both Haze A and Malawi parents. It produces huge, very dense colas, with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, with the gleaming resin coverage of our Malawi. It produces slight reflowerings in its final stages, although not as pronounced as in the first 2 phenos. Incense and woody Haze aromas, with the oily and resinous background of Malawi. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

- Silverish Malawi pheno: Monstrous sativa phenotype with a greater Malawi influence. Incredibly high flower to leaf ratio, very high production, with the classic huge trichomes and ovaries of our Malawi, and with a prodigious resin production that lends it an aggressive silverish appearance when mature, bringing the characteristics of Malawi Killer phenotypes to very extreme levels that have rarely been reached before. Flowering time: 75-85 days.“

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26781650 - 06/25/20 11:31 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

How's the smell coming along? Sure as shit that's no indica Dom pheno that bitch looks way hazy! Let her ride till she tells you she's done. I'm loving the results so far from that little led.

--------------------

InvisibleAllium
 User Gallery

#26782169 - 06/25/20 03:45 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Really nice looking plants for sure brother :thumbup: You look to be halfway there!

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26805318 - 07/05/20 03:43 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Allium said:
Really nice looking plants for sure brother :thumbup: You look to be halfway there!

Thank you friend! She’s doing good, starting to eat up her lower leaves a bit heading into final flowering stages. I’ll get some pics posted up soon enough :wink:

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26812936 - 07/09/20 03:29 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Day 60

Shortly after my last update I disassembled a solsheet I had lying around and fastened the 3500k solstrip X2s to the sides of the support beams in my tent. I bought a wattage meter and adjusted the 120w driver down to 50 watts, also I adjusted the SF1000 up just a hair to 110 watts For a total of 160w now, or 40w/sqft.

About a week ago I gave her a small top dressing of a 2-4-6 granular and started hitting her hard with fish/seaweed as she immediately started eating up her lower leaves as soon as o added the extra lighting, signaling she needed more feed. She’s reported to be a heavy eater.

I’m now seeing a touch of burn so I’m going to back off a bit. Next watering will be straight RO. After that I’m going to switch to bio bizz Bloom at a lighter 2ml/L. She responded well to the extra light and extra feed and has started bulking up accordingly.

Also I should update, her scent has picked up a little and changed as well. Previously she was not throwing out much scent at all but stem rubs where giving off a lemony soda pop effervescence type smell. That has changed to a very distinct pure pine smell... with maybe a hint of eucalyptus. Only on the stem rub though or brushing your hands in direct contact with the flowers. I was assuming the low scent has to be coming from the NL genealogy and now with the profile changing to predominantly pine that supports that opinion, she seems like a very A5 leaning phenotype more so than malawi.

Edited by OZZ (07/09/20 03:30 PM)

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26813360 - 07/09/20 07:23 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

damn dude looking good!

--------------------

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26813800 - 07/09/20 11:07 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
damn dude looking good!

Thank you kind sir! Looking forward to the finish. So are the runners up I have a bunch of DJs Flo and Blueberry up next. Probably do 5-6 plants in 1 gallon pots instead of one plant in a 15 gallon lol. Mostly because I’m doing a mini pheno hunt on the next round, possibly a bit of pollen chucking too. Maybe I’ll update here on them too.

They are a bit beat up right now because the got ravaged by a bunch of aphids but I’ve got them eliminated now I believe and we should be good to go. Hopefully.

I’ll try to get some pics up soon. What about you? Have a grow log anywhere I can follow?

Edited by OZZ (07/09/20 11:11 PM)

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26814102 - 07/10/20 03:10 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Sounds like a good plan especially since the led may not be able to provide enough light for that many plants in 3 or 5 gallon. Probably best to take it slow.

Yeah man bugs are a bitch. The old addage "prevention is the best cure" can't be under emphasized with those bastards. I may have some pics over on the growery still. I went commercial and tried to stay real down low. If I can dig up my old phones I may post up some pics since I'm no longer in that game. Just came back to the shroomery a few months ago.

--------------------

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26814392 - 07/10/20 08:13 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Definitely. I kept saying that we needed a mint plant indoors so we could have some fresh mint around, and my girl being thoughtful went and got a mint plant from one of the neighbors, but it was an outdoor plant. Number one rule don’t bring outside plants inside, it’s just not worth it lol.

Anyway I moved it into a quarantine area but she had set it right next to my little veg cab and apparently it was to late they had already spread. Oh well she knows now and it’s the thought that counts.

I have them all eradicated now I believe, this weekend I’ll give the plants another azamax watering for good measure but they should be good to go after that.

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26832131 - 07/19/20 10:20 AM (23 days, 22 hours ago)

Day 70 .... 10 weeks on the dot. Pushing new pistils in what seems to be a slight reflowering

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26832258 - 07/19/20 12:06 PM (23 days, 20 hours ago)

Super wierd. What's in that Dr earth fertilizer? If she's pushing fresh pistils she may be getting too much nitro from somewhere. Or maybe she's just a 100 day plant. That foliage does suggest it's ripening though.

--------------------

Edited by GreenHorns (07/19/20 12:08 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26832374 - 07/19/20 01:30 PM (23 days, 18 hours ago)

Late reflowerings are common with this strain, depending on phenotype some will push out massive reflowerings at the end. It’s common with pure Sativas and even though this cross has a touch of Northern lights in it the amount is very small. Maybe 10%. It’s Nevills A5 haze x Malawi.

The organic ammendments used in the soil we’re getting mostly used up and she was dropping her lower fan leaves too quickly, so I have been hitting her with Bio bizz BioBloom at low strength, about 2ml/liter. She responded almost immediately by pushing new white pistils and fattening up the buds significantly. I had to stake her up a few days ago as one night after work I came in and she was completely leaning up against the side of the tent from the weight of her own buds.

Many grows of this strain go 100-110 days, 14-15 weeks.

I checked the trichs yesterday and I’m just starting to see some amber on some of the buds but a very low amount, less than 5% probably more around 1-2%. Personally I’m eyeing 3 more weeks /13 weeks as a potential chop date. One more week of light feed then two weeks straight RO water to finish the fade. Unless she keeps pumping out the reflowerings. There’s four main phenos that come out of this strain and a few of them will reflower massively towards the end, one of them .... the haze/Malawi pheno only shows light reflowering and that’s what I have here so far, unless she decides to go gangbusters on me in the next week or so.

This is supposed to be a heavy hitting psychedelic Sativa dominant cross , so I don’t mind giving her the extra time she needs to ripen properly :wink:

It’s named Killer A5 Haze for a reason :smile:

Thanks for joining me in on the show! :smile:

Edited by OZZ (07/19/20 01:30 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26839996 - 07/23/20 10:37 AM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

Day 74..... continuing to swell and continuing to fade. This pheno looks to be a little bit earlier than some of the others I’ve seen. So I decided to stop feeding and start watering her with straight RO only to let her fade out and finish. Looking to chop her in about two weeks. Trichomes are about 5% amber, 5% clear with the rest cloudy

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden