Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! * 1
    #26705986 - 05/29/20 10:46 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Big fan of Jimmy.  Need more people who are level headed about all the things happening nowadays.
Everyone is so extreme in their viewpoints for invalid reasons.  Take a load off and enjoy a more understandable perspective with Jimmy!

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: meltdowner] * 2
    #26706060 - 05/29/20 11:24 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

He’s a fucking idiot and tool of the right wing. He’s just another Dave Rubin.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods] * 4
    #26706203 - 05/30/20 01:48 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have an actual criticism of the Jimmy Dore video above, or is name calling the best you can do?

If you think he's a tool of the right wing, you obviously don't know ANYTHING about the guy.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26706476 - 05/30/20 06:00 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Do you people not understand that if these platforms are treated like a publisher then they will censor far more content.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods] * 1
    #26706841 - 05/30/20 10:04 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
He’s a fucking idiot and tool of the right wing. He’s just another Dave Rubin.

He's a fucking liberal progressive who despises Trump. He also has called out the sellout "progressives" in Congress, that includes Bernie, AOC and others.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: qman]
    #26706920 - 05/30/20 10:43 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

lol he probably thinks any politician that gets elected is a sellout

Idk you guys post a lot of videos where he’s siding with trump and there’s really not much on which any true progressive would side with trump

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods]
    #26707678 - 05/30/20 06:16 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Do you people not understand that if these platforms are treated like a publisher then they will censor far more content.

That was Jimmy Dore's point.  He's saying if Twitter censors content, then they will be treated like a publisher and Trump will take away their liability shield, making them subject to lawsuits if they don't censor correctly.

Quote:

koods said:
...you guys post a lot of videos where he’s siding with trump and there’s really not much on which any true progressive would side with trump

In this case (for example), he sided with Trump because Trump is against censorship.  I'm against censorship myself, I don't see how more censorship is progressive.  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26707685 - 05/30/20 06:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Trump isn’t against censorship. He said he would shut down Twitter if they didn’t do what he wants. He’s the most anti-free speech president in my life time

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: koods]
    #26707715 - 05/30/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Trump isn’t against censorship. He said he would shut down Twitter if they didn’t do what he wants. He’s the most anti-free speech president in my life time

And what is it Trump wants?  Large, powerful social media companies not to censor content.  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26707763 - 05/30/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
lol he probably thinks any politician that gets elected is a sellout

Idk you guys post a lot of videos where he’s siding with trump and there’s really not much on which any true progressive would side with trump

He doesn't side with Trump on any social or economic issue. Does he call out people that improperly criticize Trump. You know, focusing on Russiagate while ignoring the real serious issues for 4 years.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26707841 - 05/30/20 07:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The only thing Trump cares about is Twitter censoring him, i.e. calling him out on the bullshit that he spews every day. I doubt he even has an opinion on censorship other than that. Everything he says and everything he does is narrowly focused on him alone.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26707860 - 05/30/20 08:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Even if you are correct, Trump is attempting to reduce censorship on giant media platforms.  I can get behind that regardless of his motivation.  :shrug:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26707945 - 05/30/20 09:07 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

twitter needs to do what any business does with troublemakers, and stop serving them. Trump has no right to a twitter account

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26707956 - 05/30/20 09:15 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
twitter needs to do what any business does with troublemakers, and stop serving them. Trump has no right to a twitter account

Trump would probably suicide himself without his twitter.

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: qman] * 1
    #26708098 - 05/30/20 10:56 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Just ignore Koods.  He hates everyone who isn't trying to live in his fantasy world.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#26708107 - 05/30/20 11:02 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Even if you are correct, Trump is attempting to reduce censorship on giant media platforms.  I can get behind that regardless of his motivation.  :shrug:

OK so he did something right by accident. I just don't think this is the way public policy should be created.

Should platforms have any right to provide a sane response when the President starts talking about unorthodox or deadly medical "options" like hydroxychloroquine, bleach, lysol or insulin? Would that constitute censorship? Those suggestions may not have been offered on Twitter. Maybe those were all from press conferences, but my question is still worth asking.

Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions increased by 2000% in March after he talked about it. He suggests Joe Scarborough is a murderer. He's going to get people killed. (My personal opinion is he has already got a lot of people killed). Is censorship/neutrality the only issue here?

I'm no lawyer, but doesn't the concept of "yelling fire in a crowded building" have some applicability here? Is stopping that kind of behavior censorship?

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: Jimmy Dore Love! Funny and moderate! [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26708112 - 05/30/20 11:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

another good one.

Jimmy is spot on most of the time.  I don't agree with him on Nuclear energy but we're close.

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

#26708113 - 05/30/20 11:07 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

OK so he did something right by accident. I just don't think this is the way public policy should be created.

Should platforms have any right to provide a sane response when the President starts talking about unorthodox or deadly medical "options" like hydroxychloroquine, bleach, lysol or insulin? Would that constitute censorship? Those suggestions may not have been offered on Twitter. Maybe those were all from press conferences, but my question is still worth asking.

Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions increased by 2000% in March after he talked about it. He suggests Joe Scarborough is a murderer. He's going to get people killed. (My personal opinion is he has already got a lot of people killed). Is censorship/neutrality the only issue here?

I'm no lawyer, but doesn't the concept of "yelling fire in a crowded building" have some applicability here? Is stopping that kind of behavior censorship?

Brian Brian Brian.  don't let your hate cloud your vision.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26708166 - 05/31/20 12:12 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

I don't think anyone should fight Trump on the things he's right about, even if he's right by accident.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions increased by 2000% in March after he talked about it.

Can you please post Trump's exact quote?  I seem to recall what he said was HIGHLY taken out of context by the establishment media.  If anything, the mainstream media should be censored (actually I don't believe in censorship at all) for claiming Trump said things he actually didn't.  :shrug:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
He suggests Joe Scarborough is a murderer.

I don't know if Scarborough is a murderer, but did you read the article I posted that the establishment media completely ignored?  I definitely think an investigation should have been done.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Let's see a quote of what Trump actually said and then analyze that.  I suspect it's another case of the mainstream media blowing things out of proportion as they often do, but prove me wrong.

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (05/31/20 01:43 AM)

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#26710969 - 06/01/20 09:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

I don't think anyone should fight Trump on the things he's right about, even if he's right by accident.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions increased by 2000% in March after he talked about it.

Can you please post Trump's exact quote?  I seem to recall what he said was HIGHLY taken out of context by the establishment media.  If anything, the mainstream media should be censored (actually I don't believe in censorship at all) for claiming Trump said things he actually didn't.  :shrug:

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
He suggests Joe Scarborough is a murderer.

I don't know if Scarborough is a murderer, but did you read the article I posted that the establishment media completely ignored?  I definitely think an investigation should have been done.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Let's see a quote of what Trump actually said and then analyze that.  I suspect it's another case of the mainstream media blowing things out of proportion as they often do, but prove me wrong.

I don't think it makes any difference what Trump's exact words were. Some of his followers literally follow him blindly, and this is a dangerous situation. I'm not trying to sue him in court. I'm trying to demonstrate how big of an asshole he is. Hydroxychloroquine prescriptions surged by 2000% in a week after Trump said whatever he said. Obviously the doctors who wrote the scripts are culpable as well. France just outlawed the drug. Do you have an alternative explanation other than Trump caused a large number of people to experiment with a dangerous drug?

You don't know if Scarborough is a murderer, but there is no reason to think he is other than Trump said so. Your link says the doctor who performed the autopsy was unfit. It suggests that somebody could be guilty but provides no information on who might be. Trump's argument was that it was obvious that Scarborough killed her because of the timing of his leaving congress. It isn't even a good theory, but considering the source, that's not surprising. Scarborough announced his resignation months before her death. He was not in the same part of the country when she died. There does not seem to be anyone else who thinks he did it.  This is just one in a long line of lunatic conspiracy theories started by Trump.

From here to the election we are all going to get to watch him get progressively crazier.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom