Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry
    #26701262 - 05/28/20 08:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry

Ontario-based Red Light Holland plans to make "magic truffles" for the legal recreational market in the Netherlands
By Kate RobertsonMay 28, 2020

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-health/comedian-russell-peters-is-joining-the-psychedelics-industry

Canadian comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry as chief creative officer of Ontario-based company, Red Light Holland.

The company, traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange under TRIP, plans “to engage in the production, growth and sale of a premium brand of magic truffles to the legal, recreational market within the Netherlands,” reads the May 28 news release.

The company has been in the news a lot lately. Just two days ago, Red Light Holland announced the appointment of former Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton as the chair of the company’s advisory board.

According to the release, Peters will work to develop the company’s marketing strategy alongside CEO Todd Shapiro.

“I’ve enjoyed watching my buddy Theodore Shapiro’s evolution from a fearless radio show host to a family man, and now, the CEO of Red Light Holland, a publicly-traded company, in let’s face it — a kick-ass sector! I’m elated to be a part of this team. Seriously, I’m very happy… even if it means I have to start calling Todd by his real name now,” said Peters in the release.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: rider420]
    #26703072 - 05/29/20 12:33 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I really need to work on some stone producers, heard Tamp and Mex stones can be really, really awesome

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: Fractal420]
    #26704191 - 05/29/20 10:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

There's a very well established market there, so he must be planning on pushing those out of the market e.g with pricing which is a dick move, esp. since hes not even from the netherlands. So in that sense fuck this guy.

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: polaritymind]
    #26706428 - 05/30/20 05:06 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I know those magic truffle type companies and their products, feels dirty to order something that is already grown (psilo at least) lol

But I’ve never tried sclerotia, maybe it’s worth trying one pack sometime

But yeah it’s all business, a lot of people who get into drug policy type shit just want bank.

Speaking of which, perhaps the pandemic may have some positive effects in this regard (states need $, weed sales gone thru the roof even in just decrim states)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflinePeterPumpkinEater
Stranger

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: Fractal420]
    #26706744 - 05/30/20 09:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

what does harry potter have to say about all this?

--------------------
How Dare I?

=================== Donations: =================

1LWaph7vqgZVDJgYMKc2nmeSqA5xjxYUrY

=================== Donations: =================

Offlinemeepins
Stranger

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: PeterPumpkinEater]
    #26706853 - 05/30/20 10:16 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

As a Canadian, I support this.

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: PeterPumpkinEater]
    #26715686 - 06/03/20 02:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PeterPumpkinEater said:
what does harry potter have to say about all this?

What does he have to do with this?

--------------------
-Albert hofmann

Edited by polaritymind (06/03/20 02:46 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: polaritymind]
    #26715726 - 06/03/20 03:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It has to do with trolling

You know

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26803799 - 07/04/20 03:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So, uhhh, Russel Peters was just on JRE and mentioned his company.  He said it’s legal because they aren’t using the caps they’re using truffles you know, the stems.  So in Russel’s world truffles are the mushroom’s stem.

This man doesn’t know his business very well.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: rider420]
    #26804423 - 07/04/20 11:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rider420 said:

The company has been in the news a lot lately. Just two days ago, Red Light Holland announced the appointment of former Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton as the chair of the company’s advisory board.

So he can ruin psychedelics the way he ruined legal weed? No thanks, fuck anyone trying to make money of this. Legalization doesn't require suits who know nothing about the product they are selling.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Comedian Russell Peters is joining the psychedelics industry [Re: viraldrome]
    #26805195 - 07/05/20 12:41 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Lol @ sclerotia stems

In US it’s still technically illegal since psilo is the “issue”

I hate these damn posers

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

#26808475 - 07/07/20 08:17 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I never understood how everyone talks about the industry being so ruined. I mean its clear people are referring to high prices and profits that go to the wrong people, excluding marginalized people like the african american comunnity etc who might have been involved in the previous black market grow ops etc because they cant higher anyone who has any criminal record.
BUT
I never got why people dont just grow their own, I mean a problem is where this isnt allowed like in germany for example, where I come from.
But I really feel like it isnt that hard, and also why isnt there competitition that drive prices down? I always used to hear cannabis is only so expensice bc its illegal and in other countries like, funnily north korea, or other countries where its less repressed its more like 1-2 $ (equivalent) /g. And yeah I get taxes, but why cant the legal market even outcompete the black market price wise? I mean I get lights are expensice etc but for that the obvious thing might be legal outdoor grows. Sure then maybe you need more expensive security equipment otherwise you get a looot of thiefs as soon as word gets around but common it has to be possible. And lights arent that expensive, leds last forever and use little electricity, its a one time investment that tends to be paid back in 1 to two harvests in my experience.

--------------------
-Albert hofmann

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26812223 - 07/09/20 06:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Are you referring to just growing your own weed or psychedelics? Because whenever I’ve went to a psychedelics convention and I’ve been to many, up to when I got fed up and stopped going (volunteered for MAPS for a few years), I could tell the cause was not a good one, it’s usually basically a pitch for people to donate, and then give mdma and possibly psilo to big pharma.

Maybe there are some decent groups out there but I’ve yet to see any and I’ve talked to Rick Doblin in person (a nice guy, btw)

The scene I saw was full of people either new to psychs and they wanted to learn what lsd does etc (which is cool) or just complete snobs who basically don’t even respect psychedelics. If you say that you smoked dmt, they’ll say you did it wrong, you need a shaman and to go on a “real” ayahuasca retreat and until then you are not worthy.

And As I said, this isn’t just some group of friends, it’s a bunch of conventions and all these old psychologists show up to explain serotonin and lsd and whatever via PowerPoint, then they’d update on what MAPS is doing

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals