Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShaeroni
Fungus Fanatic
Male User Gallery

Lions Mane - WBS or Rye berries
    #21362287 - 03/04/15 07:07 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

So ive been looking into lions mane with alot of difficulty finding the right answers i need to start off. I have about 5 jars of WBS inoculated right now. At first i saw no growth and i thought nothing was happening but now im seeing very wispy thin mycelium starting to grow. Witch im hoping is the lions mane taking its course. But my question is. Does lions mane like WBS or Rye berries better. And i was planing on using a wood pellet, alfalfa pellet and wheat grain recipe that i have found to use my grain spawn on in sterilized myco bags. Is this a good idea. If anyone has alot of knowledge on Lions mane. Please Private message me if your ok with me asking you a ton of questions!! It would be wonderful to have a friend to talk to about mushrooms. Im the only one in my town that knows anything or is even interested it them!!

--------------------
“I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” ~ by Rumi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHumbled
Seeking Truth
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lions Mane - WBS or Rye berries [Re: Shaeroni]
    #21362378 - 03/04/15 07:33 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I suppose the specific strain of Lion's Mane that you have will tell you which grain it likes better. I dont believe there is much of a difference between WBS and Rye grains in general though.

Personally I use Rye grain now for all my grain spawn but to each his own.... you know what I mean?

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Lions Mane - WBS or Rye berries [Re: Humbled]
    #21363600 - 03/04/15 11:12 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Your plan sounds good. Lions mane is very wispy so that looks right.

I think psilocelium is correct, all grain are basically equal but each will have it's little nuances. I use wheat for everything because it's what's available for cheap. Maybe i was high but I found wbs very messy :lol:

OfflineWillowHarvest
LC Fan Club President

Re: Lions Mane - WBS or Rye berries [Re: deadmandave]
    #21364901 - 03/05/15 09:46 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I use wheat berries as well for all my edibles spawn and love them as they're cheap in my area and work just as well as rye.  You have to devote more attention to Hericium grain spawn though no matter what type of grain you use.  Many strains will start to form primordia well before full colonization.  I usually do 2 shakes on my spawn jars about 1 and 2 weeks after inoculation to keep the mycelium running and delay primordial formation.

OfflineTrippyMomp
Male

Re: Lions Mane - WBS or Rye berries [Re: Shaeroni]
    #26704260 - 05/29/20 12:52 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Shaeroni said:
So ive been looking into lions mane with alot of difficulty finding the right answers i need to start off. I have about 5 jars of WBS inoculated right now. At first i saw no growth and i thought nothing was happening but now im seeing very wispy thin mycelium starting to grow. Witch im hoping is the lions mane taking its course. But my question is. Does lions mane like WBS or Rye berries better. And i was planing on using a wood pellet, alfalfa pellet and wheat grain recipe that i have found to use my grain spawn on in sterilized myco bags. Is this a good idea. If anyone has alot of knowledge on Lions mane. Please Private message me if your ok with me asking you a ton of questions!! It would be wonderful to have a friend to talk to about mushrooms. Im the only one in my town that knows anything or is even interested it them!!

Digging this one out of the grave but how did your lions mane end up I'm about to do some live mycelium to wbs then not sure what I want to do as far as wood to feed em. But just wanted to see if yours ended up good

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms