Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

pesticides...
    #2668345 - 05/12/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

While I know pesticides are sprayed on nursery grown plants,does anyone know if new growth or foliage would be safe to consume or if the new growth would still be affected by the pesticides?Also would the seed produced by the plant be affected by pesticides?

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: pesticides... [Re: HypnoToad]
    #2669717 - 05/12/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I know that they have those produce washing agents that are suposed to remove dirt and chemicals, personally thogh, I still don't like the sound of the idea.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

Re: pesticides... [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2669753 - 05/12/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

All plants sold commerically are exposed to pesticides even fruit and the various produce and fruit trees and nursery plants and every live plant matter sold unless labelled organic.

Most seeds are also sprayed with various chemicals directly like fungicides and what not unless labelled organic.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #2670259 - 05/12/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well that's why the sell those washing solutions.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2670287 - 05/12/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Alot of those dont work as well as they should and dont work as well as they're advertised to. lol

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: pesticides... [Re: HypnoToad]
    #2672925 - 05/13/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah that's why I still wouldn't fuck with it. I know the gardening center morning glories are treated wit ha fungicide. I will eat those after scrubbing them down (whole) in some rubbing alcohol and letting them dry. That probably doesn't get it all off, but you can tell a big difference for sure. I was 16 I believe the first time I dosed LSA. I was stupid enough not to do my homework and ate them treated. I'd say they stayed down, oh, maybe 5 min.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #2674507 - 05/13/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Some pesticides are taken up by plants as a foliar spray or drench the soil is most likey contamanied and the plant may have pesticides in it up to 3 weeks if it not sucking pesticides from the soil its in when you bought it.

As for stuff on the seeds is most likey a fungicide. To make the seeds non-eatibale and to keep the seeds fresh and viabile.

16 seeds is alot. for the frist time i had 4 (fresh) seeds and that was crazy enought.

--------------------
DO what I Would

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains