Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleYellow Pants
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26705396 - 05/29/20 06:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

Yellow Pants said:
Middle Ages would be pretty dope.  Less hectic more straightforward.  It’s a wide span but one of the ancient East Asian dynasties might not be bad.  Samurai man.

I don't think the serfs slaving on the plots, nor the constant warfare, would have been what I would call "interesting." The East Asian dynasties involved a lot of yucky stuff, too, like a huge peasant class and more brutal warfare. Most people have it better today when it comes to those things, but there are more destitute people in the world than ever before. Irrespective of that, I think the twentieth century was a lot more interesting than the eleventh, probably.

Ok I shouldn’t of included the “samurai” word, more an appeal to that Tom Cruise movie.  Side note.

At any rate I know they weren’t subjected to the grotesque fabrications of our time.  Just look at everybody running around screaming things happening hundreds and hundreds of miles away nothing to do with them whatsoever.  Meanwhile we’re led into epidemics of mental health and all other problems.  But we’re supposed to have great technology and know how, how could this be?  And even if it all is correctable it still is living ideally not realistically which only re-emphasizes the dominion of fabrication.  My two cents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26705405 - 05/29/20 06:23 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
a lot of yucky stuff, too, like a huge peasant class and more brutal warfare.

Sounds eerily similar to umm... today.  :lol:

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Forrester]
    #26705444 - 05/29/20 06:45 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

On the first point, yes. However there is relatively little warfare compared to past periods. Fwiw.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#26705516 - 05/29/20 07:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I guess the overall picture was more interesting when I was younger. It get's old after so many years but science and art have had a fantastic/most interesting century.

How humans use science and art seems more synonymous with human nature. Patterns become less interesting over time, especially when humanity seems to be perpetually locked into an intellectual stupor of base instincts. 6000 years of the same monkey business and it's more interesting now than ever? Get's old.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Rahz] * 1
    #26705547 - 05/29/20 07:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. Let me put it another way. Perhaps interesting is too loaded. I think I might substitute the word "complex." With all of the advances of the twentieth century, the internet, the incipient state of A.I., nanotechnology, etc., there seems to be a sort of link between complexity and a quality of being interesting. Now, when it comes to geopolitics, habitat destruction, pollution, climate change, corruption, social and cultural dysfunction -- these are some of the most complex situations ever, but perhaps on a day-to-day, lived basis, they are not actively interesting.

So complexity may be a better way of saying it.

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #26705585 - 05/29/20 07:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Somehow it seems it's always been way above our heads.:wink:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisiblechronotope999
Explorer
 User Gallery

Loc: Ribbon World
    #26706191 - 05/30/20 01:32 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I get the feeling that this level of complexity might be a net negative (haha) for human brains like ours.

Ideally you'd want useful complexity... but maybe unless you're a scientist in one of these fields that you mention, there's a lot of distraction from the things we need to give our attention to.

Just my 0.02p. :laugh:

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Rahz]
    #26706641 - 05/30/20 08:17 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Somehow it seems it's always been way above our heads.

Absolutely.

--------------------

InvisibleYellow Pants
Male User Gallery

#26706838 - 05/30/20 10:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I thought somebody would say that religion was a great illusion back in the day.  One that we may now be cleansed of?  Although that seems fairly innocent compared to present times.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Yellow Pants] * 1
    #26706875 - 05/30/20 10:25 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

you are your own religion
your own god

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleYellow Pants
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26706903 - 05/30/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Eh I doubt it.  More like an interpreter.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #26708365 - 05/31/20 02:42 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yellow Pants said:
Eh I doubt it.  More like an interpreter.

:thumbup:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDolanduck
Esquire

Loc: Nu Zulund
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26708415 - 05/31/20 03:32 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If we don’t destroy ourselves we could very soon see the evolution of our species into part android beings, otherwise we will be overrun by a sentient AI.

In terms of the state of the world, it doesn’t get better than where we are now statistically for standard of living. Work needs to be done on true equality for all, instead of economy over all.

I think if you could experience the past as a traveller, taking over a host body so that if when you die you would return to you’re original body then you could have a different viewpoint on experiencing the past. I think if you look at it in terms of being born into a time period, anything before penicillin would be shit.

--------------------

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - Hunter S Thompson

Offlinelostintimenspc
Stranger
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Dolanduck]
    #26709656 - 05/31/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I think this whole thing is going to level up.

It's close and it's going to be unbelievable.

The rioting in U.S. shows that we are at the end of history.

--------------------
LSD, mushrooms and DMT are different structural levels within the same magically simulated mystery sometimes blandly called 'life'

Your life, your call.

Offlinelostintimenspc
Stranger
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: lostintimenspc]
    #26709665 - 05/31/20 05:47 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

You know when you think about white genocide... who else was going to do the guilt of history? Civilization has primarily been in Europe.

Furthermore, don't you think if an ecosystem finds a particular genetic marker or archetype standing out, that it's going to enact some kind of emphasis on that marker's reproductive behaviour? Like make its reproduction spiritual.

Just an idea.

White people aren't going to go anywhere by the way. A big mob numbering in the millions controls most of the information and attitudes you have socially.

Unfortunately in full effect it's a kind of hysteria. I think they want to stop war, but it's turned into an hysteria since for a while now. It seems to have the same markers as religious hysteria. The rioting resembles Middle East crowds.

But Nature is not imperfect. It's not. We're going to level up.

--------------------
LSD, mushrooms and DMT are different structural levels within the same magically simulated mystery sometimes blandly called 'life'

Your life, your call.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: lostintimenspc]
    #26709679 - 05/31/20 05:54 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Civs pop up wherever they were able to whenever the right confluence of conditions and variables blah blah occurred.  Niche.

Plus - EU was not the only one - but as a landmass it was a place that had multiple iterations of societies come and go through it, and the various cultures from it and around the world interchanged various parts with each other while they both simultaneously built up & destroyed each other over time.

Also,  we can’t forget about Convergent evolution.  Anyways! Fun reads bois.

The great perfection - baby!

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlinejcby
Stranger
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26711509 - 06/01/20 01:15 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

We are definitely living in an incredible time of history. Sometimes I worry about what the next several decades will have to offer. Hopefully not war.

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

#26736824 - 06/11/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Right now is, to me, without a doubt the most interesting time in the last four billion years to be alive. So there’s that. Personally, it gives me no special satisfaction to live through and observe this. I generally tune out as much of it as I can. And, try as I might, I can see no way for it to go, or to end, well.

There is no shortage of tragedy and travesty and death and destruction and habitat loss and poisoning and meddling and corruption and dysfunction and lies and you just have to let it wash over you at this point. The catastrophe is so overwhelming that you just have to grow numb. One must simply understand that these seem to be the long-awaited end times – they really do – and that the only consolation we can get from being alive right now is that it’s fabulously interesting.

Is that a consolation for you? Do you feel things will grow better or worse? Or are they somehow okay? There are over 3.5 billion people living on less than $5.50 per day (adjusted) who might disagree if you answered in the affirmative.

i think the current time absolutely is, but i may have some bias based on only experiencing this current time.

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: Tulipslave]
    #26738007 - 06/11/20 09:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Right now many people are saying these are very "uncertain times".

Isn't life always uncertain, but we forget (or choose to ignore) that fact?

Is tomorrow less "certain" than the tomorrow of a year ago or a decade ago?

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Do you think we are living in the most interesting times ever? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26738068 - 06/11/20 09:48 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Right now many people are saying these are very "uncertain times".

Isn't life always uncertain, but we forget (or choose to ignore) that fact?

Is tomorrow less "certain" than the tomorrow of a year ago or a decade ago?

:bigyesnod:

(How’d ya like that for a philosophical contribution?)

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale