Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signatures
    #26698290 - 05/27/20 02:02 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

https://yesonip34.org/sign-the-petition-ads/

Here's the newsletter they just sent out.
Quote:

Friends,

We hit a big milestone on Friday: we turned in 135,573 signatures to the Secretary of State. She starts counting our signatures today.

It’s a big step towards qualification, but before you start doing a victory dance in your living room, listen: we know from recent history that we still need about 10,000 more signatures to make the ballot, and that means we still need your help.

If you haven’t signed the petition, please do so today: we only have one month to gather the final 10,000 signatures we’ll need to qualify for the November ballot.

If you’ve signed, but your roommate or family member hasn’t, request a petition and we’ll mail you a volunteer packet. Please email info@yesonip34.org with your name and preferred address and we will mail you a petition!

Turning in the signatures is a big deal. Of the 68 initiatives that applied to make the ballot in Oregon this November, only two turned in signatures on Friday. You can only submit if you have gathered a certain number and won a certain amount of support. The Psilocybin Therapy initiative did that, and it’s because of your help.

Interesting to think about. Idk what other petitions there were in oregon, but for this mushroom one to be one of only two that got significant support, I think that really says something about the future of this movement.

We can do this guys, or at least contribute to a final push. Who knows, maybe the state will make an exception and let it on the ballot anyway. if they get close. Share with anybody you know who lives in oregon, yada yada. Sorry, just had to try. I'm surprised that just because of the virus their ability to gather signatures dropped by that much, wheres the internet warriors when you need em eh?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26698325 - 05/27/20 02:32 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

I think public awareness of the potential medical and mental health benefits that could be associated with psilocybin, especially when used in a clinical evnviorment.

I think too many people have a misconceived notion of what exactly legalized psilocybin could mean and what exactly it would entail. The majority of people I've talked to about this were under the idea that the only benefit with this, would be people getting high.

--------------------
:goat: "1234go was the type of kid that eats a bananna with two hands."

OfflineBikerfool
Your Local Edgelord
Male

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: TNK]
    #26698599 - 05/27/20 07:04 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

I'm in Oregon, I'll gather a few signatures. When's the deadline?

--------------------
Just an angsty teen contributing to the pubs decline with contentless posts.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Bikerfool]
    #26698626 - 05/27/20 07:38 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

I believe its the end of june. Can't remember for certain

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26699508 - 05/27/20 03:32 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

July 2nd according to the Facebook page of the Oregon Psilocybin Society

https://www.facebook.com/opsbuzz/

I believe you can download the petition at

https://yesonip34.org/sign-the-petition/

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

#26700022 - 05/27/20 07:49 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

My brother has a place in Portland and spends most of his time there. Those that live there, sign it.  Just like I did for medical marijuana at a Denver library living there at the time over a decade ago and got the ball rolling. 

What is important in life?  Schedule one drugs and growing mushrooms being charged as manufacturing a controlled substance that is a fungus?  Tired of it.  Put violent people in prison.  The justice system needs a complete over hall and get rid of private/corp for profit prisons and county jails.  Sick of it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Barnaby]
    #26700890 - 05/28/20 06:34 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Not in Oregon but I wholly support this

I don’t think my state even does that kind of voting by public, it’s all through elected officials, maybe a poll

Fucking hate that

We’d have legalized a lot of shit if the public was even truly asked to vote

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Fractal420]
    #26700960 - 05/28/20 07:37 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

right? I could not believe it when I learned that. I feel blessed to live somewhere where citizen petitions are legal. Although we did have one citizen petition for a really stupid law thats really screwing with the budget for certain things but who knows maybe they'll find a way to get the money back some other way and it'll be better than it was before. Couldn't fucking believe that it actually got voted into law by the public. But the occasional bad law is an acceptable price for petitions. Sorry I'm rambling

Someone/you ought to start a fuss to change that in the states where you can't do it, I can't imagine there being a good argument against that. One of those core things that could make a real difference. And something that most everybody could probably agree on? :wtf: i thought nobody agreed on anything in politics. again sorry, been up way too long.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

#26701001 - 05/28/20 08:15 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

maybe just comb through facebook or somewhere else for a list of people that live in oregon you can message and just send the petition link to every random oregonian you can. If we all pitch in we can do it guyzzz

:sohigh:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #26701725 - 05/28/20 02:18 PM (1 month, 7 days ago)

Yup. Nobody asks the public. But they know the public, for example, overwhelmingly has been wanting Recreational MJ, and if it were put to a vote, it wouldn’t even be close. Legal, done.

It’s a clear sign that politicians wanna sidestep the wishes of the public

And pretend they’re listening/care. I used to send letters to politicians, I even got some answers, just not about voter referendums, and ultimately a bunch of liars

Update: did some digging and there’s a limited amount of action that can be taken at a local level. Gonna actually see if there’s anything I can do. I feel like no one else in my area would

However I still think politicians can stamp out ideas they don’t like in my state, that’s prolly how the system was designed

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (05/29/20 02:44 AM)

Offlinemeepins
Stranger

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: Fractal420]
    #26706855 - 05/30/20 12:17 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Lets freaking go...

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: meepins]
    #26706977 - 05/30/20 01:25 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Can always google it but it behind those in the know.  The locals.  Keep us updated if you choose.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: TNK]
    #26714879 - 06/02/20 08:58 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

Quote:

TNK said:
I think public awareness of the potential medical and mental health benefits that could be associated with psilocybin, especially when used in a clinical evnviorment.

I think too many people have a misconceived notion of what exactly legalized psilocybin could mean and what exactly it would entail. The majority of people I've talked to about this were under the idea that the only benefit with this, would be people getting high.

Very much agreed. I mean we can already get high without consequence as long as we're smart about it. What interests me in reference to this petition is the idea of professional trip facilitators treating people in a legitimized way and honing their craft.

From what I've seen the mental/medical health benefits are the main thing that generate interest in psychedelics from non drug users. People who are desperate to cure depression, or even migraines/spinal injuries, or just seeking to improve themselves etc. So if they've got experienced professionals they can trust it'll only spread from there.

What do you think it'll entail/mean?

OfflineO_DweedsS
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Under The Dome
    #26716435 - 06/03/20 12:49 PM (1 month, 1 day ago)

One good point to use with someone who is on the fence about fungus is we wouldn't have antibiotics without them. That alone should be a positive enough reason

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Burn Flowers Not Oil

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The petition to legalize psilocybin therapy in oregon has one more month to collect 10k signa... [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26793430 - 06/30/20 12:53 AM (6 days, 11 hours ago)

they got enough signatures guys! Posted a new headline but thought i'd tell you here in case you missed it

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service