Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRedWhiteSjy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Are these magic mushrooms?
    #26689637 - 05/23/20 04:00 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I went on a hike and found these mushrooms, does anyone know if they are magic mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male

Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: RedWhiteSjy]
    #26689665 - 05/23/20 04:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They are not.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26689667 - 05/23/20 04:57 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

There’s an ID forum with Trusted Identifiers a few clicks down..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineRedWhiteSjy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: Amanita86]
    #26689788 - 05/23/20 06:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

How can you tell if they are or not? I tried looking at photos and they looked very similar but I can’t tell the difference?

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
    #26689799 - 05/23/20 06:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They look like similar to the Biological Species/panaeolus- but it’s a look alike - and the ones in the picture aren’t a psilocybin containing  (aren’t active)
The gills and stem are a dead give away - also there is no dark blue-green  bruising anywhere and the caps are a bit different.  A spore sprint would likely reveal a rusty brown-orangish-yellow tinted color, and not the black-purple one most actives contain.

It all looks the same if you don’t know what to look for, and you need a trusted reliable field guide detailing the anatomical features of the fungi’s structure & a spore print to know for sure.  Using also getting a second opinion from a trusted ID’er is vital.

Always Use the Mushroom ID forum, especially when beginning to learn the way of it all!  Good luck, never eat an unidentified mushroom!

They way some of the look alike’s can kill you is a an awful, slow, agonizing, painful death.  Not something you want to be unsure of even slightly!

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/23/20 07:43 AM)

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26689879 - 05/23/20 07:38 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Those are agrocybe pediades. Not psychedelic. I reccomend studying a whole fucking lot more before you go scavenging wild mushrooms, just because it looks like one doesnt make it one. Next time post this in the appropriate forum where we identify every type of mushroom not just edible or psychedelic

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his
Fellow man is either a fool or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant
If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Are these magic mushrooms? (moved) [Re: RedWhiteSjy]
    #26691125 - 05/23/20 07:57 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
Belongs in MH&I.

OfflineRedWhiteSjy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: MentalPariah]
    #26694375 - 05/25/20 07:29 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I’m sorry daddy I’ll make sure I study a fucking lot more from now on 🥺

OfflineOrlandoPsychonaut
The Mischievous Mushie Lover
I'm a teapot
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: MentalPariah]
    #26694418 - 05/25/20 07:58 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Bahaha, unnecessary aggression much? I think people can scavenge for whatever fungi they want no matter their knowledge level. It's fun and exciting even if you don't know what youre finding. Not like he planned on eating them without professional input 😜.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26694805 - 05/25/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RedWhiteSjy said:

Welcome to the shroomery, I actually find it easier to learn how to identify mushrooms by having hands on interactions with the mushrooms I find.  Posting clear up close pictures of the Cap, gills and stem including the stem base and an in situ  photo of your observations on the Mushroom Hunting and identification forum and waiting for several people to identify the observations will help you become more familiar with the mushrooms in your area.

This is also a great resource for learning about mushrooms,  click on this link:
https://www.mushroomexpert.com/

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #26695255 - 05/25/20 03:52 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RedWhiteSjy said:

I think what he was suggesting is to look at what  actives grow in your  area, what they grow from, types of habitat they grow in, time of year they grow, and familiarizing oneself with what they look like via photos etc. When you find out this information you have much better chances than finding random mushrooms and asking if they are active.

Also reading how to post an ID request is a good idea.

Most people dont seem to study this information and it can get annoying.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

OfflineRedWhiteSjy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Are these magic mushrooms? [Re: OOISI]
    #26696011 - 05/26/20 12:32 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I get what he was saying it just the way he said it, sorry if you guys find it annoying but isn’t it better if someone feel comfortable to ask questions here if out being in fear of being put down, what if that fear of posting in here causes a person to eat the wrong mushroom and die. I’m sorry I posted my question in the wrong spot, it was my first post I didn’t know.

I took the first step to learning about mushroom, I went out and found some, I googled to see what they are, I came on here for a second opinion and got blasted that I dont know anything and I need to educate myself, isn't that the point of this forum so people can help other people?

OfflineContessa
QLD Sub Hunter
 User Gallery
    #26696028 - 05/26/20 12:44 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RedWhiteSjy said:
I get what he was saying it just the way he said it, sorry if you guys find it annoying but isn’t it better if someone feel comfortable to ask questions here if out being in fear of being put down, what if that fear of posting in here causes a person to eat the wrong mushroom and die. I’m sorry I posted my question in the wrong spot, it was my first post I didn’t know.

I took the first step to learning about mushroom, I went out and found some, I googled to see what they are, I came on here for a second opinion and got blasted that I dont know anything and I need to educate myself, isn't that the point of this forum so people can help other people?

We all started somewhere mate, hunting mushies is addicting, get addicted to researching the species endemic to your area, it helps if theres people who can point you in the right direction too. well anyway good luck in the future champ.

--------------------

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

#26696396 - 05/26/20 06:56 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RedWhiteSjy said:

Hey, I honestly meant 0 agression or hostility dude, nor was I annoyed!!!!!
I have trouble communicating with people and sometimes things i say come off as being an asshole, in real life and on here. I promise you I meant no bad blood, we all start from the bottom and we all make mistakes. Hopefully next time we have an interaction it will be a more positive one! :hi5:

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his
Fellow man is either a fool or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant
If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale