Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Dehydrator, Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWorkingmansfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Should I harvest
    #26693108 - 05/24/20 06:56 PM (4 months, 30 days ago)

Should I harvest these or give them some more time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Should I harvest [Re: Workingmansfungus]
    #26693116 - 05/24/20 06:59 PM (4 months, 30 days ago)

The ones in the background of the first pic could go a little while longer. Harvest the ones in the forground and all the ones with broken veils. Some people harvest them before the veils break but i think its just personal preference.

--------------------

Offline2Ape2
Master of Learning from Error

Loc: Geo-diverse
Re: Should I harvest [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #26693207 - 05/24/20 07:31 PM (4 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Ovoidhunter said:
The ones in the background of the first pic could go a little while longer. Harvest the ones in the foreground and all the ones with broken veils. Some people harvest them before the veils break but i think its just personal preference.

Agreed

--------------------
If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.
Sir Charles Darwin

OfflineWorkingmansfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Should I harvest [Re: 2Ape2]
    #26693228 - 05/24/20 07:36 PM (4 months, 30 days ago)

Thanks. Also I'm a new grower and was planning on dehydrating them but my dehydrator hasnt showed up yet should I just go get some damp raid or something in the meantime

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Should I harvest [Re: Workingmansfungus]
    #26693240 - 05/24/20 07:40 PM (4 months, 30 days ago)

Nothing works for getting your shrooms cracker dry like a dehydrater. I have fan dried before but could never manage to get them dry enough. The smallest amount of moisture left in em can make em mold.

I used a small heater once and set them in front of it and it worked pretty good tho. Just dont sit them too close and cook them.

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Should I harvest [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #26694153 - 05/25/20 06:02 AM (4 months, 30 days ago)

These days I have a dehydrator, and cracker dry is just that! I can powder the dried mushrooms into small pieces between my fingers. But before I got posh, I used to air dry in racks in front of a fan, curtains closed, for about 5 days; I would then transfer to a large desiccant chamber, which according to my hygrometer, would get down to between 10 and 15% RH. I would then seal them in airtight bags, with a desiccant pouch on each bag, then freeze. I made tea from some of these air dried mushrooms on Saturday night; I had dried them in March 2017; they were still super super potent...

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Dehydrator, Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started