Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerob87p
Stranger
 User Gallery
Galerina Marginata
    #26694029 - 05/25/20 02:10 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Hey Shroomies!
Im a noob and this site has proven fantastic.I have learnt so much already thanks to you guys. I have have taken shrooms before but first time I've picked this week. Got some subs which is great but along the way i came to get to know of the dreaded Galerina Marginata..Jesus! scary stuff. My main questions for you guys is once the galerina's dry out are they still Deadly, do they ever turn Blue? and do you trip on them? Im guessing no as they would have to have Psilocybe. Anyways thanks for all the help so far!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

Re: Galerina Marginata [Re: rob87p]
    #26694038 - 05/25/20 02:20 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Never eat them- period

Offlinerob87p
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Galerina Marginata [Re: Apples in Mono]
    #26694059 - 05/25/20 02:38 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

I wouldn't ever eat them intentionally, The reason i ask is because I was curious as to if you were to accidentally mistake them for subs. I am 99% sure they are subs (did spore print test and complete ID check) just got me thinking if they were. Hence the questions.Anyways thanks for the reply man definitely staying clear of them hahaha, to the point of  actually being scared of picking now :frown:

InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

Re: Galerina Marginata [Re: rob87p]
    #26694101 - 05/25/20 03:44 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Oh, I got you now. Yeah, sorry, I thought you were saying that you were considering eating dried Galerinas- lol. Yeah, personally I wouldn't eat without a positive ID from an experienced identifier  with a stellar reputation. That said, the Mushroom Hunting and Identification section on this site is a fantastic place to get advice from such individuals. I'm not one. If you have a spore print and photos of fresh fruits, you should be able to get a positive ID that I'd consider reliable. Odds are you're correct and they're safe if they have the dark spore print, and bruise blue, and no veil attached to the stem, and whatever else is on the list. Certainly isn't among the most difficult call to make as far as mushrooms go. But even still, you certainly won't ever see me suggesting that anyone inexperienced ever make their own ID based off of pictures or descriptions written online or in a book. Check with the guys over in Mushroom Hunting and Identification and an actual expert can probably help you out.

Good luck. Be careful. Have fun

Edited by Apples in Mono (05/25/20 04:02 AM)

InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

#26694108 - 05/25/20 03:58 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Here's a very recent thread with someone else getting a positive Sub ID from multiple trusted identifiers over in the Mushroom Hunting and ID forum:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26691713

Offlinerob87p
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26694279 - 05/25/20 07:10 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

excellent! thanks again

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started