Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineloalife222
Friendly
Using Petri dishes, Agar, and Rye grain?
    #26691586 - 05/24/20 02:46 AM (5 months, 2 days ago)

Hi guys,

Was a member on here a few years ago I think, but can't remember my account info..so started a new one. ๐Ÿ‘

Anyway, ready to cultivate again, but don't want to use 'grow kits' anymore, as they're not the best way of getting quality & consistency.

So I'm looking into Agar & rye grain. Need a bit of help though. Any particular places to get these items in the UK? And what jars/containers/bags should I be using to cultivate?

Will also be after a bit of advice on how best to prepare the grain in due course.

That will do for now though.

Look forward to speaking with you all.

TIA, A ๐Ÿ™‚

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSiggNature
Fun Gi
Re: Using Petri dishes, Agar, and Rye grain? [Re: loalife222]
    #26691624 - 05/24/20 03:13 AM (5 months, 2 days ago)

As far as a place to buy the stuff, check out the list of sponsors. As for the other stuff, this helped me tremendously.
Getting Started Stickies

Offlineloalife222
Friendly
Re: Using Petri dishes, Agar, and Rye grain? [Re: SiggNature]
    #26691690 - 05/24/20 04:14 AM (5 months, 2 days ago)

That's great, cheers bud. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26691794 - 05/24/20 05:49 AM (5 months, 2 days ago)

I don't know about availability in the UK, but whole oats are incredibly cheap compared to rye berries.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Offlineloalife222
Friendly
Re: Using Petri dishes, Agar, and Rye grain? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26693772 - 05/24/20 10:11 PM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I don't know about availability in the UK, but whole oats are incredibly cheap compared to rye berries.

Yeah thinking I'll probably try brown rice now tbh. Heard that should be a good enough option if sterilised thoroughly.

Also going to get Calcium Sulphite, Manure, and Vermiculite. Thinking this will be a simple yet decent combo to me started. ๐Ÿ˜‰

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #26694097 - 05/25/20 03:35 AM (5 months, 1 day ago)

Check out BODโ€™s Easy AF Unmodified Tub Tek: here.

It contains all you need to know for the easiest grow you could do. Doesnโ€™t use manure; rye grain jars (or oats - but I find oats contaminate easier than rye) spawned into partially sterilised coir straight into fruiting conditions; harvest in just over 3 weeks from spawning. Minimal misting and fanning required. I get around 1kg per flush per 60Litre monotub; 1x 650g coir brick, 7 quart jars rye grain spawn, 3.2L water to field capacity. Boom, job done.

--------------------
โ€œItโ€™s like when you see a mountain lion,โ€ he suggested. โ€œIf you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.โ€
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

โ€œThe problem is not to find the answer, itโ€™s to face the answer.โ€
Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
138 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.