Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: What is wealth? [Re: Moses_Davidson] * 1
    #26698629 - 05/27/20 05:40 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'd argue wealth is the ability to both derive and project abundance in ways that transcend material need, yet ironically allow for their synchronistic induction just as needed.

Most would call this the "unconditional love" vibe/wavelength.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is wealth? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26699003 - 05/27/20 09:04 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
I'd argue wealth is the ability to both derive and project abundance in ways that transcend material need, yet ironically allow for their synchronistic induction just as needed.

Most would call this the "unconditional love" vibe/wavelength.

this is a great teacher type whose wealth is in the category of wisdom, I think I would like such people.

What I mostly dislike about rich people is that they do not think for themselves, but operate like lemmings, checking what the other people of their class are doing.

to the degree that people are like lemmings (all classes), I find  them disappointing automatons, but I suppose I should develop some compassion for lemmings, we all one day fall from a great height and die.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: NEED HELP IDENTIFYING. Are they Psilocybin?? [Re: Jackboy10] * 1
    #26699811 - 05/27/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Listen up newbie: Do you want to die? Horribly? Read carefully I am not taking the time here just to be mean:

(1) If your mom or a guardian never told you as a little child NOT to ever put LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms) in your mouth, then here is your warning.

(2) There isn't a reputable, ethical mycologist alive who would tell anyone that a mushroom is safe to eat by looking at the pictures you provided!

(3) Mushroom macro-structure is insufficient to determine the exact identity. One has to look at:
    a) spore color in the first place and then
    b) spore shape 
    c) spore size
    d) substrate (what is is growing from: bovine dung, rotten wood, dead animal, etc.).

(4) THIS forum is not a mushroom identification forum, but even if you go there, do not trust random opinions. Do not trust your life to anyone's forum opinion on any site based on your pictures alone! Your life may depend on this.

I have seen a picture of Psilocybes growing alongside of a deadly Galerina autumnalis/marginata. They LOOK pretty much the same but if one did not sort the Galerina from the Psilocybe, liver failure would result over the next few days resulting in an agonizing death unless a liver transplant could be performed ASAP. That is, assuming a donor liver that matched you was available, you were jumped to the top of the waiting list for the emergency, and you had the insurance and/or $300,000+ to pay for the operation.

Since you are asking this question of strangers, on a forum which has nothing to do with mushroom identification, my advice to you on record is:  Do not eat ANY mushroom you find at this time until you learn a good deal more about them. At this point, this includes dung-loving mushrooms too. You will be far less likely to make yourself sick or kill yourself. This is world-renowned mycologist Paul Stamets with a warning:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male

Re: NEED HELP IDENTIFYING. Are they Psilocybin?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26699860 - 05/27/20 04:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Nice write up.

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What is wealth? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26700175 - 05/27/20 07:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:

What I mostly dislike about rich people is that they do not think for themselves, but operate like lemmings, checking what the other people of their class are doing.

And the poor and middle class don't?  Notice the herd-like mob mentality of the current riots. 

I'm fascinated how people only protest certain types of hatred - but the rich deserve to be hated!

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: What is wealth? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26700390 - 05/27/20 08:30 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

You raise a good point. It behooves us to remember that rich people, in the majority of cases, are ordinary people with a lot of money. Raw intelligence factors into it a lot less than is commonly supposed. Of course certain other traits, like ruthlessness, factor in a lot more than is commonly supposed.

As far as this thread, etymologically "wealth" just means being well, a state of physical, mental and spiritual wellness. In twentieth century America, all it really came to mean was having gobs of cash. A particularly American evolution, one must say.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: What is wealth? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26700461 - 05/27/20 09:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I like this idea..: to understand the true value of money you need unconditional love..

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#26701002 - 05/28/20 06:16 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

Buster_Brown said:
There's karmic wealth and proprietorship wealth. Proprietorship wealth can avoid karmic debt. Karmic wealth can side-step proprietorship shenanigans.

I really tried to wrap my mind around karma and all I get is a cross between, luck and self worth, such that you may treat yourself to experience you feel you deserve.

otherwise I think it is superstition.

how can you explain what you mean other than that?

"Time will tell"- Compassion accedes the necessity of time to bring out the flavors of the soup as it were that will sustain us thru time.

The expression "power corrupts" might be a harsh perception of the change that occurs as forces in the soup brings out the flavor thru time.

Cory quotes Diogenes as saying that there is no virtue in advantage and LS argues that advantage is the panacea in all occasions.

That brings us back to the competition between us and the powers that be. It takes time and self-evaluation to present a case on the merits of ingredients in soup. We all have our preferences, and those with 'Advantage' aint gonna let some Texan throw Salsa in when it aint desired. But compassion allows that a period can be appointed for the salsa experiment.

'Advantage' then is key, as is the recognition that advantage will resort to silencing opposition (Booting the Texan and his salsa out of the kitchen). But altho this exists in all forms of State, compassion accedes the airing of the case.

Some authority then has to determine the Form in which the proceedings will proceed. Why not You? Let's try making soup your way then my way then his way then her's; that's compassionate. The Texan gets to serve his salsa to the bench who agree that time is of the essence in the appreciation of his dish and that habit can dictate a preference that may not stand up to the test of time.

The judges then, you me him & her, are held to a standard over time, that we attempt to change to our own preference.

Over time we might glimpse the forces that would govern the soup to their own taste, and we might perceive an undercurrent of logic that can defy derailment

If the State is a product of the character of the wise men who formed it, then 'Character' is under scrutiny. Sure, their is a carrying capacity that determines a culling of the excess, but it's the character of those who decide the culling that is open to inspection. Can the end justify the means if the characters involved are prone to dishonesty as a defense? The answer is 'Yes' if everybody is prone to dishonesty as a defense and time will tell if this condition is a common ingredient to be factored in; if it isn't then we can exclude it from the decision making process.

Karma then factors in your ingredients that forms the soup enjoyed. One day I expect to say "Let's enjoy a bottle of RGV over dinner" to which someone may reply "I much prefer the OrgoneConclusion, it's so much smoother"...

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is wealth? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26701007 - 05/28/20 06:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:

And the poor and middle class don't?  Notice the herd-like mob mentality of the current riots. 

I'm fascinated how people only protest certain types of hatred - but the rich deserve to be hated!

if I  were to tell you that what I hate about all people is that they act like lemmings, then you would not appreciate that rich people are as hopeless as a group as poor people.

obviously we are in "agreeance", and I don't hate any group, I just find the lemming aspect of humans (groups of humans) disappointing.

the unexamined life and all that

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is wealth? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #26701025 - 05/28/20 06:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I agree that advantage means more than wealth(/potential), but karma soup as a metaphor needs a bit more work (has potential), and if rgv could be a drink, additive, spice or flavor, get in line, I got a list of people that want to smoke my ashes when I croak.

--------------------

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#26701055 - 05/28/20 06:49 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Well, perhaps I earned a ribbon for my performance in our dance around the Maypole.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#26701586 - 05/28/20 11:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I really tried to wrap my mind around karma and all I get is a cross between, luck and self worth, such that you may treat yourself to experience you feel you deserve.

otherwise I think it is superstition.

A thorough study of the subject would include individual cases and not just those who profess that freedom is not free because you must do your National service and then be prepared to serve when called or else be undeserving of the perks a country can provide her loyal followers (and indeed many would prefer not to forgo those perks)

One might profess then that one must die in the service of your country and be born again (reincarnated) to enjoy a higher standing in the community, and examining a statement like this would require maybe more time than you have, so perhaps it is true (1 Corinthians 15:26) that we must first abolish your death before the subject can be given the attention it deserves.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26701786 - 05/28/20 12:50 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I do not agree that you should get away with proposing something intentionally hard to follow, and then assume that it lets you establish the alternative by quoting 1 Corinthians x:y.

It is a brutal way to schmear bible memes.

is it about wealth?
what does it mean by "abolish"?
and why does the subject of a yet to occur eventuality (your death) need attention in this context?

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
    #26701816 - 05/28/20 01:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Karma is more or less the chain of cause & effect .
Ex.

We may be on a train, people are sitting next to us, the scenery is constantly changing, why is this one person sitting next to me? Why is this other person standing in front of me? We do not know one another, if we think about it, it is rather strange. It may be predestined, which is the law of an imaginary god, yet in zen there is not imagined god existing. This is where Ryokan puts it well. This imaginary god is called the law of karmic connection in zen.

There is a cause for our encounter which is connected by invisible strings to the outcome. Ryokan says, we naturally follow the universal way. Ryokan does not leave it at an encounter coming about curiously, but says it depends on our karmic connections.

-  (semi-out of context) copy pasta from one drop’s site.

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/28/20 01:19 PM)

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What is wealth? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26701839 - 05/28/20 01:19 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:

As far as this thread, etymologically "wealth" just means being well, a state of physical, mental and spiritual wellness. In twentieth century America, all it really came to mean was having gobs of cash.

I think the common use of the word "wealthy" is the cause of that.

In the US, "The Wealthy" are seen as a class, with monetary wealth.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#26702106 - 05/28/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I do not agree that you should get away with proposing something intentionally hard to follow...

I agree, it stinks but there it is "an intuitive conceptual alternative to rationalist...philosophy" link

Quote:

…and then assume that it lets you establish the alternative by quoting 1 Corinthians

I assumed you were practically dead by the manner in which you've been conversing and required a life extension in order to manage any serious research.

Quote:

is it about wealth?

Uh-huh.

Offlinejcby
Stranger
    #26711507 - 06/01/20 01:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

What is wealth when you can have happiness?

OnlineCory Duchesne
tabernacle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia
Re: What is wealth? [Re: jcby]
    #26732592 - 06/09/20 08:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Wealth is awareness, intelligence and wisdom.  I uploaded a webpage demonstrating the essence of wealth.

http://www.okpinethen.com/activeLearningTutor/soil.php

--------------------
C.G. Jung: "Please remember, it is what you are that heals, not what you know."

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - Carl Jung

Krishna, as his friends called him, freely admitted his compulsive lying. He blamed it on simple fear of having his deceptions detected." NOTES OF A FRINGE-WATCHER MARTIN GARDNER on J Krishnamurti

"All your questions are born out of the answers you already have. Any answer anybody gives should put an end to your questions. But it does not." [UG-K]

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What is wealth? [Re: jcby]
    #26733590 - 06/10/20 06:30 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jcby said:
What is wealth when you can have happiness?

good idea,
point the way!

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26740459 - 06/12/20 08:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Re the Op's question: What is wealth?

'you don't appreciate your water,
till your well run dry"

when the planet warms a little more,
what real wealth is (or was) will become,
more apparent.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags