Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Thank you John Kerry!
    #2669195 - 05/12/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

For once.... you did good.

Kerry a no-show when it counts
By Boston Herald editorial staff
Wednesday, May 12, 2004

We never thought we'd be grateful to have Sen. John Kerry [related, bio] too busy on the campaign trail to tend to his day job. But there's a first for everything.

A Democratic election-year favorite - extending federal unemployment benefits for six months - went down the drain yesterday by one vote.

And guess who wasn't in the Senate chamber to put the measure over the top?

Proponents needed 60 senators to support the procedural move to get the extension considered. It failed 59-40.

That's a very good thing. The unemployment rate dropped to 5.6 percent last month. Employers added nearly 300,000 new jobs. Almost 900,000 new jobs have been created so far this year. This is no time to discourage those on the unemployment rolls from looking for work.

The problem for John Kerry is you sure can't run against President Bush [related, bio] on the ``jobless recovery'' issue when the recovery is no longer jobless. And it's even harder to castigate Bush and the Republican Congress for blocking benefits for the unemployed when you're a no-show.

That didn't stop Kerry from trying, again, to have it both ways.

Kerry spokesman David Wade said, ``John Kerry has fought again and again to extend unemployment benefits for workers left behind in the Bush economy.

``The reason we haven't succeeded is because George Bush opposes extending unemployment insurance, and so do his allies in the Republican House of Representatives and 39 Republican senators,'' Wade added.

Come again? The Bush campaign debate prepsters couldn't have asked for a better comeback when Kerry starts pontificating about Bush being anti-worker. At least the president shows up for work.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Thank you John Kerry! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2669211 - 05/12/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"The Bush campaign debate prepsters couldn't have asked for a better comeback when Kerry starts pontificating about Bush being anti-worker. At least the president shows up for work."

When he isn't on "vacation" that is:lol:
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Thank you John Kerry! [Re: whiterasta]
    #2669255 - 05/12/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I guess your forgetting that even on vacation ANY president has full access and abilities to do his job.

Or are you suggesting that a president is ever truly "on vacation"?

And whereas a president can do his job from anywhere on the globe, a senator must be present to vote.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Thank you John Kerry! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2669308 - 05/12/04 05:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Come on luvvie loosen up that tight ass and laugh a bit! They are both uber-dolts who have no buisiness running the most powerful social entity on Earth.
WR
PS Geedub looks like he never came back from those coke snortin' days of yore,and Kerry seems as if the embalmers did a bit too good a job on him and he forgot he's dead.So let's share a laugh over these goons.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Thank you John Kerry! [Re: whiterasta]
    #2669367 - 05/12/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I laugh all the time. I've said often they are both asses.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion