Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: koods] * 1
    #26689643 - 05/23/20 04:15 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
A crowd of Karens attacking a man verbally and physically FOR WEARING A MASK.

A group of Karens is called a privilege.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26689651 - 05/23/20 04:29 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
This is a truly disturbing video. A crowd of Karens attacking a man verbally and physically FOR WEARING A MASK. This country is so fucked. One of the Karens is hacking up a lung in the background

https://twitter.com/paulblume_fox9/status/1263970505482067968?s=21

Been a rash of people dying after being spat on by whiny scum bags. The guy in that video should press assault xharges on that woman with the rose who grabbed him.

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Brian Jones] * 2
    #26689670 - 05/23/20 05:09 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Trump has no working knowledge of what per capita means

Says who?

Sarah Cooper is my new favorite NYC comedienne.  :loveeyes:
Here's some more of her for anyone not familiar.

:lolz0rz:  . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Asante]
    #26689677 - 05/23/20 05:18 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
No one knows how paracetamol works.

Quote:

AM404, also known as N-arachidonoylaminophenol,[1] is an active metabolite of paracetamol (acetaminophen), responsible for all or part of its analgesic action[2] and anticonvulsant effects.[3] Chemically, it is the amide formed from 4-aminophenol and arachidonic acid.

Do you only have 30-40 year old books in your library?

Cool how does it work. That's what its metabolized into. Big deal.

Quote:

Despite its common use, the mechanism of action of paracetamol is not completely understood. Unlike NSAIDs such as aspirin, paracetamol does not appear to inhibit the function of any cyclooxygenase (COX) enzyme outside the central nervous system, and this appears to be the reason why it is not useful as an anti-inflammatory.[24] It does appear to selectively inhibit COX activities in the brain, which may contribute to its ability to treat fever and pain.[24] This activity does not appear to be direct inhibition by blocking an active site, but rather by reducing COX, which must be oxidized in order to function.[24]

Paracetamol apparently might modulate the endogenous cannabinoid system in the brain through its metabolite, AM404, which appears to inhibit the reuptake of the endogenous cannabinoid/vanilloid anandamide by neurons, making it more available to reduce pain. AM404 also appears to be able to directly activate the TRPV1 (older name: vanilloid receptor), which also inhibits pain signals in the brain.[24]

It's one of the biggest long standing questions to be solved in pharmacology.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #26689810 - 05/23/20 06:56 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
This is a truly disturbing video. A crowd of Karens attacking a man verbally and physically FOR WEARING A MASK. This country is so fucked. One of the Karens is hacking up a lung in the background

https://twitter.com/paulblume_fox9/status/1263970505482067968?s=21

There is something surreal about seeing Karens publicly yelling at a man to "take it off"

o.o

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Tantrika]
    #26689851 - 05/23/20 07:15 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I find it hilarious that the party that tends to support the idea of denying services to anyone based on religion, and sometimes race, get their panties in a twist over stores refuaing service to people not wearing masks.

--------------------

Offlinemandrin13
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Socal
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #26689922 - 05/23/20 08:02 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You can patent drug treatments in the United States. You have no clue what you’re talking about do you?

Well, I am no expert, so please help me understand.  My understanding is that A CURRENT patent can be approved under a new indication and get an extension.  Once the patent is EXPIRED the drug is available to generic manufacturers.  A new patent can be issued on a drug combination, or a formulation change for HQC, neither of which will change HQC status as a generic drug. 

Quote:

koods said:That’s literally what prophylactic means. Jesus fucking Christ

This is a multi-use drug, prophylactic HQC would be great news, but who said it was the only solution?  They use HQC for Lupus, who new Lupus was cured, hooray!!

Quote:

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Preventing and effectively treating the infection both involve killing the virus. If it can't prevent it, why would anyone think it can effectively treat it? What would be beneficial about a drug that both suppresses your immune system and isnt effective in killing the virus?

You do not have to cure COVID to treat it, slow it, or reduce symptoms, as I mention above HQC is APPROVED for Lupus, which is not necessarily preventable, or curable.  Preventing the virus would be best case sure, so that is one of the reasons we are studying the drug as a prophylactic, but that doesn't mean it stops there. 

When it comes to HQC and COVID there may be no correct dosage, there may be no magic combination of drugs, but these studies are how we determine that.  The point being, we should look into all options during this time of crisis, especially an APPROVED drug that has been used safely for DECADES.  1 Study with extremely sick patients does not prove, or disprove anything.

--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

Edited by mandrin13 (05/23/20 08:08 AM)

Offlinemandrin13
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: mandrin13]
    #26689933 - 05/23/20 08:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mandrin13 said:
Quote:

koods said:
You can patent drug treatments in the United States. You have no clue what you’re talking about do you?

Well, I am no expert, so please help me understand.  My understanding is that A CURRENT patent can be approved under a new indication and get an extension.  Once the patent is EXPIRED the drug is available to generic manufacturers.  A new patent can be issued on a drug combination, or a formulation change for HQC, neither of which will change HQC status as a generic drug and it's current formulation. 

Quote:

koods said:That’s literally what prophylactic means. Jesus fucking Christ

This is a multi-use drug, prophylactic HQC would be great news, but who said it was the only solution?  They use HQC for Lupus, who new Lupus was cured, hooray!!

Quote:

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Preventing and effectively treating the infection both involve killing the virus. If it can't prevent it, why would anyone think it can effectively treat it? What would be beneficial about a drug that both suppresses your immune system and isnt effective in killing the virus?

You do not have to cure COVID to treat it, slow it, or reduce symptoms, as I mention above HQC is APPROVED for Lupus, which is not necessarily preventable, or curable.  Preventing the virus would be best case sure, so that is one of the reasons we are studying the drug as a prophylactic, but that doesn't mean it stops there. 

When it comes to HQC and COVID there may be no correct dosage, there may be no magic combination of drugs, but these studies are how we determine that.  The point being, we should look into all options during this time of crisis, especially an APPROVED drug that has been used safely for DECADES.  1 Study with extremely sick patients does not prove, or disprove anything.

--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

InvisibleGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
 User Gallery

Loc: CoSmoS
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: mandrin13] * 1
    #26689972 - 05/23/20 08:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck the corana virus we should be more worried about this

Edited by Ganja420Boy (05/23/20 08:47 AM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #26690077 - 05/23/20 10:02 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You do not have to cure COVID to treat it, slow it, or reduce symptoms

And that doesn’t work. You are more likely to die.

This is beating a dead horse. Take the fucking HCQ is you’re so gay for it. Nobody else should be.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #26690082 - 05/23/20 10:05 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Wait a second, is that the purposed solution to the problem at hand?
Great investment, cant wait to see the returns on that!
Guess he is making america great again. I stand corrected. :astonishedmustache:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: koods]
    #26690085 - 05/23/20 10:05 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

does this bitch know english?

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26690120 - 05/23/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You can treat the symptoms with OTC medicine. Of youre going to take an antibiotic for something I would think the mode of action youre looking for is the active ingredient killing the virus. And hydroxychloroquine isnt good at that.

There is evidence that the class of antibiotics hqc falls under caused gulf war syndrome in soldiers who were taking them as a pofelactic for anthrax. They all have a black box warning, and are only suggested to be uses for and i shit you not, bubonic plague, severe pneumonia and one other ailment I cant remember off the top of my head. 

This article doesnt even list half the shit I read on the black box warning when I was on cipro.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-updates-warnings-fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-risks-mental-health-and-low-blood-sugar-adverse

That whole class of antibiotics is just plain dangerous. They were developed as chemo therapy drugs, they really have no buainess being prescribed for viruses or bacterial infections. Killing microbes was just a coincidental side effect of quinolones/fluoroquinolones.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #26690219 - 05/23/20 11:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

So hawt

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26690606 - 05/23/20 02:58 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

243 pounds at 6 foot 3. I don't think so.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#26690623 - 05/23/20 03:04 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
So hawt

To be fair, that looks obese but not MORBIDLY obese.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinemandrin13
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26690783 - 05/23/20 04:36 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

You do not have to cure COVID to treat it, slow it, or reduce symptoms

And that doesn’t work. You are more likely to die.

This is beating a dead horse. Take the fucking HCQ is you’re so gay for it. Nobody else should be.

So, you are wrong about the patents?

--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #26691184 - 05/23/20 08:24 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure how relevant this is to the question about patients, and I'm getting way off topic,
but my understanding is that this previously generic med
is now patented and distributed by only one company at hundreds of times the price that it used to be.

All I know is that my insurance doesn't cover the cost, there's no generic available and it costs me
over 5 dollars per pill to buy this shit for my gout flair ups.:gc:
https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/why-is-colchicine-so-expensive-now

Does that make sense? :justdontknow:

Anyway, back on topic:
President Donald Trump's 2020 reelection campaign will fly "Keep American Great" banners over at least
eight reopened beaches during peak hours on Memorial Day weekend as some states struggle with
containing overcrowded coastal locations amid the pandemic.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-campaign-fly-keep-america-great-banners-over-8-beaches-memorial-day-states-struggle-1506214

:popcorn: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #26691920 - 05/24/20 06:42 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

By declaration, Trump has opened the churches by saying they are essential.

I can see them being important to many people, particularly now, but then there are the physical crowding issues.

Trump says if any Governors oppose this, he will overrule them. He actually has no power to do this. I think he will get away with it, because going against Christianity is not a smart political move in this country.

Some church leaders are saying it's too soon. I think we would all agree that some variants of Christianity are saner than others. I think this could work out by culling the worst of the herd.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: PLUMP 2020 [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26691931 - 05/24/20 06:50 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
By declaration, Trump has opened the churches by saying they are essential.

I can see them being important to many people, particularly now, but then there are the physical crowding issues.

Trump says if any Governors oppose this, he will overrule them. He actually has no power to do this. I think he will get away with it, because going against Christianity is not a smart political move in this country.

Some church leaders are saying it's too soon. I think we would all agree that some variants of Christianity are saner than others. I think this could work out by culling the worst of the herd.

Hang out on the official Fallout forums,
and there was a complaint there that all the churches in the game were filled with ghouls
and the player was upset that the company must have been making fun of people who attend church
by implying they are all zombies

personally took a moment to point out to the user
that the more likely reasoning for the churches having ghouls, and notably skeletons dead in the pews
is because in times of crisis, like the ongoing war in Fallout universe that lead to the nukes launching
people will crowd to churches for a sense of spiritual comfort

so do recognize the idea that this is somehow just "culling the herd" to let a stereotypically disliked group of citizens increase risk of exposure
but also recognize that there are probably perceptions at play that will also motivate some more usually sound-minded people to give in and attend as well

difficult to say where my position is with regards to people who want to attend
but pushing through an order to make them open up and put those people at risk is not the right decision, in my opinion

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals