Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
First time trip - got some questions
    #26689622 - 05/23/20 03:48 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hey there,

Bear with me, sorry it's a bit (lot) wordy - it's my first experience and I don't know anyone who has done mushrooms before so don't have anyone to debrief with!

I took my first trip on Thursday with one lonely sub I found while walking.  I decided to take it thinking it would be around a microdose (as that's what I'm interested in). 

It was 2g fresh, so although my scales couldn't register it's dry weight, I would imagine around 0.2g.  Because I can be sensitive, and I've heard subs can be pretty potent, I was half prepared to feel something, but not prepared to feel as much as I did.  I hadn't eaten since the night before, and took it at 11.30am.  By noon, I was moving around the house ruminating on why I don't use my body more.  I moved around my house, not ever really feeling 100% comfortable with where I was each time - always wanting to move.  I laid on my bed in the sunlight for a while which felt amazing.  I had some trippy visuals looking at the large painting in my room.  If I had to compare the experience to anything, it was like being insightfully stoned.  I had some realisations, some tears, didn't ever get giggly or have that 'oneness' feeling that people describe - but certainly felt very delightful at times and was, in general, having a good time (apart from being indecisive about where I wanted to be in the house, and not feeling sober enough to venture outside (i live on 5 acres, but really didn't want to run into a neighbour!))

This experience ended relatively abruptly at around 2.30pm after I found some chocolate in my fridge and ate it, followed by some toast (I was sooo hungry by that point).  I was SO BUMMED that the experience was over - I got pretty irritable and sad at that point.  I decided to take some weed pills that my friend makes - they don't have a high THC content and don't usually make me stoned at all - just chilled and relaxed. After about half an hour I began to feel better.  No more visuals, but a brighter mood and a bit more buzzed.  I ventured out for a walk and had a lovely time, with the colours singing to me and generally feeling very positive and happy.

That was pretty much the end of it.  I eventually came back in, I think I watched a movie and was quite tired so went to bed around 10pm.  That's when I started to feel anxious and a bit paranoid.  I found it really hard to sleep, my mind was racing.  I felt a dark 'entity' come into my room, so I had a chat with it before I fell asleep (led to a realisation that I won't bore you with). 

The next day I was out of sorts, to the point of not really wanting to see/talk to people.  I've felt disconnected since, had on and off anxiety/paranoia, and generally spaced.  I've noticed that when I talk to people I seem excited and happy, but it feels like I'm not fully present and it's freaking me out.  I've also felt another dark entity around - like an angry, violent man.

Conversely, I woke up this morning and felt freaking amazing - I dreamed of subs growing on my doormat and I was so delightfully happy.  I laid in bed in a lovely haze, but as soon as I got up I felt exhausted and demotivated again.  Consequently I have not really been able to do much for the last 48 hours.

Some background:

I can't smoke dope, it makes me quite paranoid and I generally do not like the feeling of being stoned.  I was surprised how much mushrooms were like being stoned, and it freaked me a little bit.

I had a scary encounter with a local 3 days before I took the mushroom.  I was so freaked out that I stayed at a friends place that night.  Turns out he is a super paranoid drug dealer and I walked too close to his house, which is why he threatened me.  I spoke to his neighbour and completely reassured myself that I was not in danger.  I felt safe in my home before I decided to dose, although it was still fresh in my mind.

I'm interested in the power of mushrooms generally. Lions Mane has been helping me a lot with mood and concentration - I'm interested in the power of microdosing to treat my PMDD (a severe form of PMT - think suicidal thoughts/bipolar-esque :frown: )

I kinda wanted to trip, but really did not expect to have visuals and the feelings that I got.  I used to take a lotta fun drugs a long time ago but never touched LSD or mushrooms because I was so worried about paranoia (due to my experience with weed).  It's only since doing more research lately that I felt comfortable taking this mushroom.

I have some questions about the whole experience, because it's left me quite confused:

I had a good trip, but my lingering feelings are very conflicting.  I certainly had insights that I am following up on (need to move more, need to cut out social media, some childhood stuff), but I'm a bit miffed on the anxiety/paranoia/dark entities that have ensued - especially given it was a pleasant experience.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Could the mushrooms have made the weed pills more psychoactive than they otherwise are? I'm wondering if I'm actually reacting to the weed pills, not the mushrooms (or a combination of the two).

I'm in a pretty good place in my life - I'm very connected to myself (regular meditation, big positive life changes, big reduction in anxiety and depression over the last few years).  I'm feeling a disconnection to, and a doubt about, all of those positive changes and progress right now.  It's extremely disconcerting to say the least!  I expected the mushroom experience to allow me to feel more connected, not less.  This is really baffling to me, and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it?

Thanks for reading (if anyone got this far!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSuperMario940
Stranger

Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: Nearwildheaven]
    #26690028 - 05/23/20 09:30 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

What are subs?

Anything over a microdose is definitely a big experience if you've never tried mushrooms before, there powerful little buggers!

Im not sure what the mushrooms would have done for your weed pills, but the entity's you speak of can be a source of concentration during a heavier dosed trip, face you fears kind of thing.

As for feeling connected or less connected as you say...

I feel more connected to myself, fellow trippers and the universe as a whole during and after a trip.
But also disconnected from other people to a degree, a trip can be a very meaningful experience as im sure you already know, trying to integrate back into a community can be quite hard, alot of people have never tried mushroom so you cant get the feedback you need or want when explaining what could have been the most amazing thing !

I struggle with my family in this way, if anything psychedelics has made me a bit more distant from them, but at same time i know my true self! 

I hope that may of helped in anyway.

Peace

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: SuperMario940]
    #26690046 - 05/23/20 09:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You had a micro dose. I don’t know if this would constitute a trip. Of course my definition of a trip may be different then others.  It’s great that you got you feet wet but I am a little concerned about you going further. Cannabis is a mild psychedelic. If you don’t like or can handle cannabis, there is a bad trip waiting for you if you want to dive deeper into tripping. If micro dosing works you you, party on and enjoy if you want to go deeper, go slow my friend.

--------------------

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: Antigov] * 1
    #26691635 - 05/24/20 02:24 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Also, in my experience, although lower doses can feel similar to smoking/consuming weed, the higher doses are on a completely different plane. There are similarities at every dose but the higher doses just peel away from the “high” feeling and are a whole other animal.

To answer your questions

1) Mushrooms can have pretty significant after effects on the psyche. There isn’t always a positive “after glow”. Sometimes it’s exhaustion and/or psychological stress (especially after a harder trip). Although I’ve felt and seen dark entities on a trip, that never carried over to after the trip. You may just be exhausted from the intensity of the trip. But, if you have a history of psychological illness, be careful. These are powerful substances that can be quite traumatic.
Some people say that to clear these negative after effects, one should dive back into an experience. I’m not sure of the efficacy of that method but it has helped me reset before.

2) Mushrooms and weed can be very synergistic. But not always in a good way. I no longer smoke so I can’t comment on that but plenty of people report negative effects when mixing the two. Others have largely positive experiences. So it’s not a mix for everyone and they do indeed change the overall experience.

3) Don’t be concerned, mushrooms can make you question everything, even the things you were convinced of. And if you aren’t naturally a skeptic in all fronts, it can be worrying. With that being said, mushrooms aren’t for everyone. If they are impacting you negatively, you don’t need to do them. Everyone must find their own road to self actualization and the method is different for everyone.
Now, if you’re exploring mushrooms out of curiosity, without the goal of “enlightenment”, that’s great too. Just be prepared to be confronted with many feelings and thoughts that will be peculiar and uncomfortable. You’ll need to work with and through those experiences to keep a level head.

The short version: Mushrooms are powerful substances that can make you think/feel ways you weren’t prepared for. Nothing wrong there, take it all in.

--------------------

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26691660 - 05/24/20 02:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

If you wan't to know what mushrooms and the psychedelic experience is all about, you need to take more. It will feel easier to be intoxicated by the substance as opposed to sober and feeling some effects, that is of course if you are okay with being intoxicated, being under the influence of the drug because that is what happens and where the magic lies. Don't worry about having a bad trip, just let everything come and go and let yourself be immersed in the experience. The come up is often rough 90-120 mins and then it settles. Be ready to have some good music on all the time. If  you don't take a high dose you can still do the same things you do sober.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: Nearwildheaven]
    #26691683 - 05/24/20 03:05 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

NWH, you have some great advice from the team here, especially Socrateshroom :thumbup:

Check out the shroomery dosage calculator: here.

According to the approximate figures given, P. subs you need 27g fresh for a heroic dose, a level 5. To get to level 1, you need 4.5g fresh. So the 2g fresh you took should not have even got you to level 1. A heroic dose of cubensis is 46g fresh.

So it does seem that you picked that unrewarding territory between a micro dose and a macro dose. The point with taking a micro dose, is that you will feel barely nothing. Anything you do feel tends to suggest you have taken too high a micro dose. Check some other advice, but I reckon most would advocate that you take a full blown macro dose before the micro dose regime would be effective. And considering your sensitivity, I would go for the equivalent of 3.5g cubensis, which for Psilocybe Suba.... is approx 20g fresh, not 2g fresh.

Whatever you decide is your preferred way forward, take care,and best of luck ❤️

DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26691744 - 05/24/20 04:06 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
:whathesaid:

Also, in my experience, although lower doses can feel similar to smoking/consuming weed, the higher doses are on a completely different plane. There are similarities at every dose but the higher doses just peel away from the “high” feeling and are a whole other animal.

To answer your questions

1) Mushrooms can have pretty significant after effects on the psyche. There isn’t always a positive “after glow”. Sometimes it’s exhaustion and/or psychological stress (especially after a harder trip). Although I’ve felt and seen dark entities on a trip, that never carried over to after the trip. You may just be exhausted from the intensity of the trip. But, if you have a history of psychological illness, be careful. These are powerful substances that can be quite traumatic.
Some people say that to clear these negative after effects, one should dive back into an experience. I’m not sure of the efficacy of that method but it has helped me reset before.

2) Mushrooms and weed can be very synergistic. But not always in a good way. I no longer smoke so I can’t comment on that but plenty of people report negative effects when mixing the two. Others have largely positive experiences. So it’s not a mix for everyone and they do indeed change the overall experience.

3) Don’t be concerned, mushrooms can make you question everything, even the things you were convinced of. And if you aren’t naturally a skeptic in all fronts, it can be worrying. With that being said, mushrooms aren’t for everyone. If they are impacting you negatively, you don’t need to do them. Everyone must find their own road to self actualization and the method is different for everyone.
Now, if you’re exploring mushrooms out of curiosity, without the goal of “enlightenment”, that’s great too. Just be prepared to be confronted with many feelings and thoughts that will be peculiar and uncomfortable. You’ll need to work with and through those experiences to keep a level head.

The short version: Mushrooms are powerful substances that can make you think/feel ways you weren’t prepared for. Nothing wrong there, take it all in.

Thank you, this was really helpful.  Today I realised that I had been judging my experience rather than simply working wth it.  As soon as I softened to it and asked what it was revealing to me, I got some answers around what childhood situations it was highlighting for me to look at.  As soon as I could offer myself some compassion and love for going through that, my whole outlook has changed.

I'm feeling much more peaceful, accepting and connected, and even feel perhaps that afterglow now.  I certainly feel clearer in my mind and am feeling upbeat :smile:

This has been a good experience to teach me how to move with it in future.

Thanks for your input everyone.

OfflineNearwildheaven
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First time trip - got some questions [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26693563 - 05/24/20 07:48 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
NWH, you have some great advice from the team here, especially Socrateshroom :thumbup:

Check out the shroomery dosage calculator: here.

According to the approximate figures given, P. subs you need 27g fresh for a heroic dose, a level 5. To get to level 1, you need 4.5g fresh. So the 2g fresh you took should not have even got you to level 1. A heroic dose of cubensis is 46g fresh.

So it does seem that you picked that unrewarding territory between a micro dose and a macro dose. The point with taking a micro dose, is that you will feel barely nothing. Anything you do feel tends to suggest you have taken too high a micro dose. Check some other advice, but I reckon most would advocate that you take a full blown macro dose before the micro dose regime would be effective. And considering your sensitivity, I would go for the equivalent of 3.5g cubensis, which for Psilocybe Suba.... is approx 20g fresh, not 2g fresh.

Whatever you decide is your preferred way forward, take care,and best of luck ❤️

DJ Ed

Thank you.  Yes, it appears that I did pick a somewhat middling dose!  It has been useful though - I did use the calculator before I took it just to understand what kind of dosage I was looking at.  I only found one sub (unexpectedly) and didn't have a dehydrator - so was faced with taking it or watching it possibly rot (it actually dried out pretty well simply stored in the fridge).  Anyway, I went for the former :smile:

I am quite sensitive to a lot of things, including foods and supplements, so I suspect it was a good way to test my tolerance and I can take that into account with my next dose for sure.

I'm glad to say that the fear and paranoia have now dissipated and I'm looking forward to my next journey - whatever that ends up looking like!  I think I'll go slow and steady though - get used to the feelings and sensations and be mindful of what it brings up.

Thanks for your input :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale