Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >
OfflineFunkyDung
Fat Old ☀️
Male

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: ToMP]
    #26689837 - 05/23/20 07:09 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Tomp 😄
Long time mate 🤗

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: FunkyDung] * 1
    #26689965 - 05/23/20 08:36 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Not necessarily, depending on conditions among other variables. Yes I know of patches which behave the same way especially those which fruit earlier in the season while conditions are less than ideal. Any part of the mycelial network which is not fully hydrated is essentially dormant.
I find those patches which are slow to fruit starting in June/July or as the season approaches its peak often have spectacular first and second flushes before tapering taper off in subsequent flushes.

OfflineBundles12
Stranger
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 1
    #26691223 - 05/23/20 08:46 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Glad I kept at it after having no luck I tried a different spot and finally found my first actives! Didn’t get a photo before I picked them as I was too excited :laugh: Do you more experienced guys think we are still pretty early in the season or are we getting towards the peak now? Cheers!

http://

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: MetatronThought] * 2
    #26691306 - 05/23/20 09:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MetatronThought said:
Does that mean if i come back here in a week is there going to be more around?

Not necessarily. They can grow solitary but definitely give the whole area a good check because where theres one you know there will be more

Went out yesterday - south but still in the hills, didn't go to the peninsula. Checked a spot Ive known for years and found one only. Then we checked a different spot but in the same area and success!

Found just enough for me and the gf to have a fun night last night. We dont take enough for a pyschadelic experience just enough to get visuals, laughing, dancing, body stone, etc. Way more fun then having a full on psychadelic trip. that last photo wasnt the total haul just one cluster. We found about 3 clusters and had 10g each fresh in a tea. Comes on so quick I'm used to having them dry but fresh they are way more potent.

Edited by tryptonite (05/23/20 10:04 PM)

InvisibleParti
searching for subs
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: tryptonite] * 3
    #26691529 - 05/24/20 12:54 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

http://http://http:// tried a new spot today with some good success. The best thing was that I saw heaps of pins coming up. For every one I picked today there was multiple pins.

OfflineMcJonnerz
Stranger
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: tryptonite]
    #26691544 - 05/24/20 01:11 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Is there any sort of distance from the CBD  that's thought you need to go? First time hunter and have been sussing some "easy" accessed areas in the foothills both north n south and trying to take In the type of area/foliage and water sources... but not sure if I'm wasting my time

Edited by McJonnerz (05/24/20 01:14 AM)

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

Loc: SA Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: McJonnerz] * 4
    #26692151 - 05/24/20 08:57 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So glad the season is in full swing! It truly feels like coming home every time the season begins. My soul is forever grateful for the forests.

Recently I took a whole week completely alone, camping by the coast. Spent my last two days in the forest. Its been very interesting to note the impact of my mindfulness practice on my experience of being in the forest. For example while inside the forest these last two days I've seen 3 different families of deer, come within metres of roos and at one point literally got myself on top of a rabbit warren from which 3 anxious bunnies darted. These were all firsts. For having picked in this forest for almost 5 years, I never noticed how much life was around me there before, I have never been so quiet and simply aware when I'm picking and adventuring as I am now. It truly brings the brilliant art of nature to the foreground of my experience.

Anyway, I would love to share my pictures here since its nice to share with like minds and hearts.

The muscaria with my hand for size reference was quite impressive, as my hands aren't small. And the two largest of those gyms were even bigger still than that in diameter, I wish the photo gave a better sense of their size. Definitely the biggest I've ever seen. There is certainly some remarkable mycological activity happening in response to the weather. By the way, the photo including my shoe contains 4 subs if you can spot em all.

Happy hunting family!❤️

--------------------
Define me as a spirited harmony, sung out by a pirate band of atoms,
stirred up in a dance of gravity and abandon,
and dropped into the minds eye of velvet skies

Edited by AsanaLion (05/24/20 09:11 AM)

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion]
    #26693152 - 05/24/20 05:11 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It's amazing the thing we can see and hear when we focus our senses and shut up for a while.

Great shots.:leocheers:

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: McJonnerz] * 1
    #26693163 - 05/24/20 05:15 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

McJonnerz said:
Is there any sort of distance from the CBD  that's thought you need to go? First time hunter and have been sussing some "easy" accessed areas in the foothills both north n south and trying to take In the type of area/foliage and water sources... but not sure if I'm wasting my time

It's only a waste of time if you don't enjoy getting out and seeing the things that the above post stated.

The more time you spend out there the more in tune you become the more in tune you become the more you will find.

The less dense and sparsely populated areas I would expect to be more diverse and hold more options.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineHunterSMushroom
Stranger
Loc: Adelaide
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: pineninja]
    #26693340 - 05/24/20 06:16 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

First finds and attempt to upload photos :smile: Well known location central Adelaide Hills.

Offlinestjimi
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: HunterSMushroom] * 2
    #26693790 - 05/24/20 09:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hi all,

I just realized that I started looking at these threads nearly 10 years ago.

I was a clueless forager trying desperately to find my first one. Over 10 years, these amazing friends have gone from an experience I was keen to have to a medicine that has brought real and lasting healing.

If you are new to this, keep searching. You will eventually find 'your spot' and with responsible use, it will be life-changing.

Quick question to the hive mind. Is it too early to start looking in the northern hills? North of Marble hill?

OfflineBundles12
Stranger
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: stjimi]
    #26693795 - 05/24/20 09:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Do you guys have more success around pine trees or eucalyptus trees?

OfflineNobodyYouKnow
Someone else
 User Gallery

Loc: To your south Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion] * 1
    #26694086 - 05/25/20 02:21 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AlexanderLion said:
For having picked in this forest for almost 5 years, I never noticed how much life was around me there before, I have never been so quiet and simply aware when I'm picking and adventuring as I am now. It truly brings the brilliant art of nature to the foreground of my experience.

:thumbup:
We spend way too much time with our heads down out there.....

Although it could be to subconsciously try and avoid the weird stuff you find sometimes...

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

#26694092 - 05/25/20 02:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stjimi said:
Hi all,

I was a clueless forager trying desperately to find my first one. Over 10 years, these amazing friends have gone from an experience I was keen to have to a medicine that has brought real and lasting healing.

If you are new to this, keep searching. You will eventually find 'your spot' and with responsible use, it will be life-changing.

The sentiment behind these words echoes in my experience also. Truly plant teacher medicines. I believe we are inside the inflection point of a really powerful psychedelic renaissance.

Its a beautiful world.

--------------------

OfflineMetatronThought
Stranger
    #26694100 - 05/25/20 02:41 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stjimi said:
Hi all,

Quick question to the hive mind. Is it too early to start looking in the northern hills? North of Marble hill?

Damn dude I was feeling so down about having to go back to work this week without any success so far, but this made me feel good.

Also the photos in this thread are incredible!

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26694197 - 05/25/20 04:54 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

stjimi said:

:dogyawn: The hive answers your call!

No, now is the perfect time to look!

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Bundles12] * 1
    #26694347 - 05/25/20 07:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bundles12 said:
Do you guys have more success around pine trees or eucalyptus trees?

I have a small spot in eucalyptus trees that produces at least 200 subs in a single flush.
I've never seen them produced in this number in such a small area in pine trees. Of course throughout a day or few days foraging I can have the same success in pines, but over a way further spread out area. But for an area of like, less than 50 by 50 metres, possibly getting well over 500 or so subs over a season seems miraculous to me.

However! This is also my only patch that gives woodlovers paralysis. And in doses of say 25-50 subs its pretty severe.

Also, this season the entire patch is suffering from black rot and almost every sub I saw there today (200) was being eaten by multiple critters. Some of the stems were being hollowed out by a small mite like creature, and other caps were full of a seriously tiny spider like insect. Even brand new pins were being eaten or rotting, and showed pock marks in the top of their caps. It was a sad day. But, I discovered two new spots in the afternoon that had healthy subs growing so I can't complain. Nature is gonna nature.

I wonder, these subs in a more native habitat, are subject to their native predators where as in a pine forest they perhaps are not??

I haven't experienced woodlovers paralysis from pine forest subs, nor have I seen these creatures eating them, nor have I seen black rot on those subs. Its over all very interesting to me, if anyone knows anything about it I'd love to talk.

Here are examples of today's very sad subs:

You can see on the third pic there the little guy living inside the stipe. And in the others you can observe the other tiny things. The sub in the 4th picture is most representative of the subs in that area, each varying in severity but nearly all featuring the same pock marks and beginning sign of what looks like rot?

Strange feeling to wander among hundreds of ostensibly inedible subaeruginosa.
I picked maybe 20 or so that seemed healthy, and were mature, simply so I can spore print them and spread spore water in other locations tomorrow. Also from today is this, a mushroom hunting bag I made from a laundry bag and some old shoe laces, its so much better than a paper bag and hopefully lets more spores drop while I hunt:

--------------------

OfflineKidzer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion] * 2
    #26696146 - 05/26/20 02:54 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Offlineswampy

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 2
    #26696148 - 05/26/20 02:58 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Found this the other day and it blew my mind a bit, I've seen subs growing in wood before but never this many. Counted 40+ pins inside this sacred log.

I'm going back tomorrow to check on it so I'll try to get better pics

Edited by swampy (05/26/20 03:04 AM)

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: swampy]
    #26696247 - 05/26/20 05:03 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

swampy said:
Found this the other day and it blew my mind a bit, I've seen subs growing in wood before but never this many. Counted 40+ pins inside this sacred log.

I'm going back tomorrow to check on it so I'll try to get better pics

Haha log of the heavens, thats insane!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale