Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTecidoNaoTecido
Stranger
Contamination?
    #26689786 - 05/23/20 06:40 AM (14 days, 57 minutes ago)

Hello everyone,

So I have ordered a grow kit and followed the instructions. I have never ever grown mushrooms before and therefore thought this would be a good start.

After a couple of weeks of starting some caps started appearing a few days ago which made me thoroughly happy for some moments.

Soon I saw that there was something off though. They seem to be having mold on top of them and they all look pretty different from one another. I can only suppose some sort of contamination?

I did do a bunch of research here on the forum and internet on possible contamination. I just can´t seem to find anything that matches what I see here in my little container. I might also not be looking at the right things.

I hope someone can tell me a little bit more about what is going on and if this is the end of my grow?

Thank you very much for your time.

Have a nice weekend,

Tcnt

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJimmycapstem
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination? [Re: TecidoNaoTecido]
    #26691005 - 05/23/20 06:58 PM (13 days, 12 hours ago)

What’s the temperature in there and/or have there been fluctuations??? Any gnats?

I have something like this goin on in one of my last monos and also lost 6 other tubs to trich :frown: bad week.

Offlinecatmambell
Stranger
Re: Contamination? [Re: Jimmycapstem]
    #26691333 - 05/23/20 10:01 PM (13 days, 9 hours ago)

neat

OfflineTecidoNaoTecido
Stranger
Re: Contamination? [Re: Jimmycapstem]
    #26691517 - 05/24/20 12:40 AM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

Hey,

I believe no gnats. The temperature was around 19-21 (68F) celsius the first weeks and has now gone up to 23-24 celsius (75F). Should not be too much and no crazy fluctuations.

Maybe too much humidity?

Have you treated it somehow or just -the end-?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started